New Samsung Chromebook To Sport Faux Leather Look Of Galaxy NotePRO And TabPro
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 3, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Samsung's upcoming new Chromebook appears to sport the faux leather cover similar to the Galaxy NotePRO, Galaxy TabPro and Galaxy Note 3.
It took a while since the Korean tech giant released a Chromebook so it might be something Google is preparing for release soon. According to @evleaks, the next Chromebook will sport Samsung's trademark faux leather back.
The Chrome OS-powered notebook has a familiar design trait similar to the back of NotePRO and TabPRO Android tablets. It will sport the leather look with the stitching around the edge, which @evleaks uploaded.
The faux leather has become a trademark of Samsung, especially for its premium and pro-focused devices. It has been in the Galaxy Note 3 and various accessories that have come, including battery accessories and Ethernet dongles. Also, the faux leather is becoming popular and recently with the new Galaxy S5.
But there is not much information about the new Samsung Chromebook and not much to glean from the leaked photo, apart from the actual faux leather back with stitches, at least one USB port and one 3.5 mm stereo jack, presumably for audio out.
The current Samsung Chromebook, which is the Series 3 model released in October 2012 has an all-plastic case. Back then, it was supremely an affordable computer with decent specs and features and relatively long battery life. But with the recently released competitors, this is undoubtedly an aging notebook in every aspect.
Meanwhile, two models dubbed as "Samsung Chromebook 2" were listed on the B&H Photo Web site. One is an 11.6-inch Chromebook with Exynos SoC while the other is a 13.3-inch variant with no mention of its processor. The two devices were priced at $299 and $399, respectively.
Samsung Chromebook is due for an upgrade. With the recent leaks and rumors, it appears that it won't take long before we will see the new Samsung Chromebook to arrive.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2