Apple Debuts iPhone 5c via Tumblr: Unlikely Resort To Increase Handset’s Popularity?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 3, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Apple has been known for being aloof when using social media platforms. The popular brand did not take its Twitter and Facebook pages seriously. This time, a surprising twist will be using Tumblr to promote iPhone 5c, its latest smartphone addition.
Apple's iPhone 5Cs phones are displayed on racks bearing the logo of China Mobile, at a mobile phone shop in Beijing December 23, 2013.
The Tumblr page called isee5c is already up for public viewing that features 15 second videos of advertisements, basically casings of iPhone 5c that plays in different songs. The page has a tagline, "Every color has a story."
At the end of the videos are titles in different languages; "Porte des Lilas," "Viva o Carnaval," "Showtime," "Enjoy the Show," and the newest as of this writing is "Skate date." There will be more to come since another video is still on the "Coming Soon" mode.
No report completely suggested Apple is behind the videos, according to 9TO5Mac. But it is unseemly for a supporter or a diehard fan to create a paid campaign for Apple's marketing purposes.
It is no secret that Apple thinks out of the ordinary and this Tumblr campaign is a strategic cooking. The brand has been an innovator for decades, and selling iPhone 5c in an uncostly and untraditional marketing campaign creating a buzz where users can even more benefit.
But reports said iPhone 5c sales is a failure although being introduced as wallet-friendly among other flagship brand products.
Tim Cook, Apple CEO, admitted the demand of the phone turned out differently than expected, resulting to reduced manufacturing orders, as reported by News.com.au.
Being "plastic" majorly contributed to iPhone 5c's marketing campaign, and this might be something that consumers would rather not bite considering the very "high" expectations from the brand. The Tumblr advertisement may simply be to increase the popularity and demand of the endangered phone.
IPhone 5c, according to Apple, is the phone for the colorful. The device is designed to make a statement with powerful features. Specifications include A6 chip, 8 MP iSight camera, 4-inch Retina display, Ultrafast wireless LTE and runs with iOS 7. The stylish device has a price tag of around AU$709.95 for 16 GB and AU$719.95 for 32 GB in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change