Man Sues McDonalds For $1.5M After A Manager 'Did Not Give' Him Napkins
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 3, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Some people said when a man from California sues McDonalds for $1.5 million over a napkin, the world is definitely becoming "too crazy."
When Webster Lucas, an African-American was allegedly given only one napkin inside his Quarter Pounder Deluxe order, he went up to the counter to ask for more napkins but didn't get the fulfillment he needed and instead was rudely refused for some.
Lucas, TMZ reported, claimed that he was refused for some napkins at the McDonalds in Pacoima, Calif. on Jan. 29. After ordering the Quarter Pounder Deluxe, he went up to the counter and asked for more, but the manager didn't give him any and insisted that he already got some.
"I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat," Lucas stressed.
It was after the speech that the manager, Lucas claimed in his lawsuit, started going racist.
"You people," the Mexican-American manager said under his breath.
Lucas, then, resorted to another action. He emailed the general manager a complaint insisting that he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering.
According to a report from Liberty Voice, Lucas attempted to allegedly make peace with McDonalds the second time, but the manager, whom Lucas called "Angel," was unreasonable and unfriendly, again, in a phone call.
The phone call was made to inform the main manager of the fastfood that he could not work due to what the manager, whom he called "Angel," caused him. It was an emotional distress, which Lucas believed was intentional.
Lucas was even more insulted when the fastfood "insultingly" offered him free burgers as an apology. He noted he was unable to return to work due to the mental anguish that the incident caused him.
He said he was trying to get the correct spelling of the manager's name but he was only played around.
The incident triggered Lucas to file a lawsuit against McDonalds asking for $1.5 million to appease the emotional distress that he went through. Currently, McDonalds faces a supersized lawsuit over some napkins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos and Fellatio Video Hacker Could Face 10 Years In Prison
- Scam: Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos Solidarity Campaign Deceives Women Into Snapping Naked Selfies
- Islamic State: Mother of 2nd Beheading Victim Steven Sotloff Appealed To IS Last Week, Jihadist John Is Still The Knife Wielder
- Peru's Biggest Haul Yields 8.5 Tonnes Of Cocaine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display