Man Sues McDonalds For $1.5M After A Manager 'Did Not Give' Him Napkins
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 3, 2014 4:23 PM EST
Some people said when a man from California sues McDonalds for $1.5 million over a napkin, the world is definitely becoming "too crazy."
When Webster Lucas, an African-American was allegedly given only one napkin inside his Quarter Pounder Deluxe order, he went up to the counter to ask for more napkins but didn't get the fulfillment he needed and instead was rudely refused for some.
Lucas, TMZ reported, claimed that he was refused for some napkins at the McDonalds in Pacoima, Calif. on Jan. 29. After ordering the Quarter Pounder Deluxe, he went up to the counter and asked for more, but the manager didn't give him any and insisted that he already got some.
"I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat," Lucas stressed.
It was after the speech that the manager, Lucas claimed in his lawsuit, started going racist.
"You people," the Mexican-American manager said under his breath.
Lucas, then, resorted to another action. He emailed the general manager a complaint insisting that he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering.
According to a report from Liberty Voice, Lucas attempted to allegedly make peace with McDonalds the second time, but the manager, whom Lucas called "Angel," was unreasonable and unfriendly, again, in a phone call.
The phone call was made to inform the main manager of the fastfood that he could not work due to what the manager, whom he called "Angel," caused him. It was an emotional distress, which Lucas believed was intentional.
Lucas was even more insulted when the fastfood "insultingly" offered him free burgers as an apology. He noted he was unable to return to work due to the mental anguish that the incident caused him.
He said he was trying to get the correct spelling of the manager's name but he was only played around.
The incident triggered Lucas to file a lawsuit against McDonalds asking for $1.5 million to appease the emotional distress that he went through. Currently, McDonalds faces a supersized lawsuit over some napkins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best