Bruce Springsteen In Auckland: The Boss Covers Lorde’s ‘Royals’ [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | March 3, 2014 4:13 PM EST
Bruce Springsteen has paid Auckland a rare honour by singing a cover of the city’s current teen queen. The Boss sang his version of “Royals” while in the 17-year-old songstress’ home city on Saturday.
The 64-year-old music legend played an acoustic version of the Grammy Award-winning track at his Auckland concert at the Mt Smart Stadium, changing a few lines of the lyrics, including “you can call me queen bee” to “you can call me king bee.”
There have been countless covers of Lorde’s “Royals,” but Springsteen’s is arguably one of the best. He did not just sing the super catchy song, he put his own spin to it, making it his own.
His audience seemed to love his cover, and if Lorde herself has heard it, it’s a sure bet that she would love it, too.
The Mr Smart Stadium show marked Springsteen’s second live appearance in New Zealand. His first was 11 years ago.
If The Boss’ “Royals” is considered one of the best, then T-Pain’s auto-tuned version is one of the worst. The U.S. rapper, together with Young Cash, completely changed the song’s lyrics and message.
Here are other celebrities covering “Royals”
Walk Off The Earth:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar