Bruce Springsteen In Auckland: The Boss Covers Lorde’s ‘Royals’ [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | March 3, 2014 4:13 PM EST
Bruce Springsteen has paid Auckland a rare honour by singing a cover of the city’s current teen queen. The Boss sang his version of “Royals” while in the 17-year-old songstress’ home city on Saturday.
The 64-year-old music legend played an acoustic version of the Grammy Award-winning track at his Auckland concert at the Mt Smart Stadium, changing a few lines of the lyrics, including “you can call me queen bee” to “you can call me king bee.”
There have been countless covers of Lorde’s “Royals,” but Springsteen’s is arguably one of the best. He did not just sing the super catchy song, he put his own spin to it, making it his own.
His audience seemed to love his cover, and if Lorde herself has heard it, it’s a sure bet that she would love it, too.
The Mr Smart Stadium show marked Springsteen’s second live appearance in New Zealand. His first was 11 years ago.
If The Boss’ “Royals” is considered one of the best, then T-Pain’s auto-tuned version is one of the worst. The U.S. rapper, together with Young Cash, completely changed the song’s lyrics and message.
Here are other celebrities covering “Royals”
Walk Off The Earth:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal