Oscars 2014: Ellen Degeneres in a Fairy Costume and Other Funny Moments and Antics
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Ellen Degeneres was asked to host the Oscars for the second time and she proceeded to do everything a host was probably told not to do. She jokes, prances around, interacts, changes costumes countless times, orders pizza for everyone, asks Brad Pitt to serve the pizzas, asks the celebrities to take pictures with her right at the middle of the event...you name it, she did it all tonight. With Ellen Degeneres, you will never know.
Show host Ellen DeGeneres delivers pizza to the audience at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood
Here are some of the funniest moments and antics of Ellen Degeneres on Oscars 2014.
1. Ellen called on Jennifer Lawrence's second Oscar fall and made other jokes when introducing presenters. Jennifer Lawrence fell again on this year's Oscars, this time on the red carpet. The young A-list actress, who is nominated for the Best Supporting Actress but was bested by Lupita Nyong'O for the title, laughed the fall off and put the incident behind her. Ellen Degeneres however, would not have it. The host quipped, "If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar. I don't want to risk it," making the theater erupt in laughter.
Below are the other famous Ellen Denegeneres lines as collated by News AU.
Dallas Buyers Club deals with the serious issue of people who have sex at rodeos. It looks fun, but DON'T DO IT people."
"Jonah Hill is nominated for The Wolf of Wall Street. Jonah, you showed us something in that film that I have not seen for a very, very long time ... get it?"
"Possibility number 1, 12 Years a Slave wins for Best Picture. Possibility number 2: you're all racists. And now, please welcome our first white presenter, Anne Hathaway!"
"Citizen Kane, Lawrence of Arabia, Ace Ventura. Our next presenter was in one of those. Please welcome Jim Carrey."
"Here's a man who needs no introduction. But if I don't introduce him, he would never know when to come out."
2. Ellen ordered pizza for everyone and had no cash to pay.
Ellen Degeneres have said right from the start that she is hungry and craving for pizza. The audience thought she was joking when she asked if anyone wanted to order pizza. Turned out she was not joking and order she did. Celebrities such as Meryll Streep, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence and more others were handed out plates. Ellen made Brad Pitt hand the plates out himself. If anyone can do something like that on an awards show, only Ellen can. She did not have cash to pay for the pizzas, too, saying "OK, I don't have any money...where's Harvey Weinstein?" Later, she went around with a hat asking for money.
3. Ellen wore a fairy costume complete with magic wand. Ellen Degeneres had several wardrobe changes all through the night. She was in black and then she was in white. She was in white with scarf then she was in pink, with a tiara and a wand. Some people have been longing to see the veteran comedian host in gown for years and she chose tonight to do it.
4. Ellen took an epic selfie with Meryl Streep and other celebrities and crashed Twitter.Right in the middle of the show, DeGeneres wandered down the aisle and asked Meryl Streep to join her for a photo and issued a direct plea to the TV viewers to retweet the photo. And in a completely spontaneous show of support for the host's 'plea', severalof Streep's friends and A-list stars sitted nearby the veteran actress joined in on the photo including Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Lupita Nyong'o, and Julia Roberts. Just minutes after the photo was tweeted with the caption of "If only Bradley's arm was longer Best photo ever. #oscars," the photo garnered 115,000 retweets and crashed the Twitter page, according to The Wrap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown