Oscars 2014: Ellen Degeneres in a Fairy Costume and Other Funny Moments and Antics
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Ellen Degeneres was asked to host the Oscars for the second time and she proceeded to do everything a host was probably told not to do. She jokes, prances around, interacts, changes costumes countless times, orders pizza for everyone, asks Brad Pitt to serve the pizzas, asks the celebrities to take pictures with her right at the middle of the event...you name it, she did it all tonight. With Ellen Degeneres, you will never know.
Show host Ellen DeGeneres delivers pizza to the audience at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood
Here are some of the funniest moments and antics of Ellen Degeneres on Oscars 2014.
1. Ellen called on Jennifer Lawrence's second Oscar fall and made other jokes when introducing presenters. Jennifer Lawrence fell again on this year's Oscars, this time on the red carpet. The young A-list actress, who is nominated for the Best Supporting Actress but was bested by Lupita Nyong'O for the title, laughed the fall off and put the incident behind her. Ellen Degeneres however, would not have it. The host quipped, "If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar. I don't want to risk it," making the theater erupt in laughter.
Below are the other famous Ellen Denegeneres lines as collated by News AU.
Dallas Buyers Club deals with the serious issue of people who have sex at rodeos. It looks fun, but DON'T DO IT people."
"Jonah Hill is nominated for The Wolf of Wall Street. Jonah, you showed us something in that film that I have not seen for a very, very long time ... get it?"
"Possibility number 1, 12 Years a Slave wins for Best Picture. Possibility number 2: you're all racists. And now, please welcome our first white presenter, Anne Hathaway!"
"Citizen Kane, Lawrence of Arabia, Ace Ventura. Our next presenter was in one of those. Please welcome Jim Carrey."
"Here's a man who needs no introduction. But if I don't introduce him, he would never know when to come out."
2. Ellen ordered pizza for everyone and had no cash to pay.
Ellen Degeneres have said right from the start that she is hungry and craving for pizza. The audience thought she was joking when she asked if anyone wanted to order pizza. Turned out she was not joking and order she did. Celebrities such as Meryll Streep, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence and more others were handed out plates. Ellen made Brad Pitt hand the plates out himself. If anyone can do something like that on an awards show, only Ellen can. She did not have cash to pay for the pizzas, too, saying "OK, I don't have any money...where's Harvey Weinstein?" Later, she went around with a hat asking for money.
3. Ellen wore a fairy costume complete with magic wand. Ellen Degeneres had several wardrobe changes all through the night. She was in black and then she was in white. She was in white with scarf then she was in pink, with a tiara and a wand. Some people have been longing to see the veteran comedian host in gown for years and she chose tonight to do it.
4. Ellen took an epic selfie with Meryl Streep and other celebrities and crashed Twitter.Right in the middle of the show, DeGeneres wandered down the aisle and asked Meryl Streep to join her for a photo and issued a direct plea to the TV viewers to retweet the photo. And in a completely spontaneous show of support for the host's 'plea', severalof Streep's friends and A-list stars sitted nearby the veteran actress joined in on the photo including Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Lupita Nyong'o, and Julia Roberts. Just minutes after the photo was tweeted with the caption of "If only Bradley's arm was longer Best photo ever. #oscars," the photo garnered 115,000 retweets and crashed the Twitter page, according to The Wrap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report