Oscars 2014: Ellen Degeneres in a Fairy Costume and Other Funny Moments and Antics
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Ellen Degeneres was asked to host the Oscars for the second time and she proceeded to do everything a host was probably told not to do. She jokes, prances around, interacts, changes costumes countless times, orders pizza for everyone, asks Brad Pitt to serve the pizzas, asks the celebrities to take pictures with her right at the middle of the event...you name it, she did it all tonight. With Ellen Degeneres, you will never know.
Show host Ellen DeGeneres delivers pizza to the audience at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood
Here are some of the funniest moments and antics of Ellen Degeneres on Oscars 2014.
1. Ellen called on Jennifer Lawrence's second Oscar fall and made other jokes when introducing presenters. Jennifer Lawrence fell again on this year's Oscars, this time on the red carpet. The young A-list actress, who is nominated for the Best Supporting Actress but was bested by Lupita Nyong'O for the title, laughed the fall off and put the incident behind her. Ellen Degeneres however, would not have it. The host quipped, "If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar. I don't want to risk it," making the theater erupt in laughter.
Below are the other famous Ellen Denegeneres lines as collated by News AU.
Dallas Buyers Club deals with the serious issue of people who have sex at rodeos. It looks fun, but DON'T DO IT people."
"Jonah Hill is nominated for The Wolf of Wall Street. Jonah, you showed us something in that film that I have not seen for a very, very long time ... get it?"
"Possibility number 1, 12 Years a Slave wins for Best Picture. Possibility number 2: you're all racists. And now, please welcome our first white presenter, Anne Hathaway!"
"Citizen Kane, Lawrence of Arabia, Ace Ventura. Our next presenter was in one of those. Please welcome Jim Carrey."
"Here's a man who needs no introduction. But if I don't introduce him, he would never know when to come out."
2. Ellen ordered pizza for everyone and had no cash to pay.
Ellen Degeneres have said right from the start that she is hungry and craving for pizza. The audience thought she was joking when she asked if anyone wanted to order pizza. Turned out she was not joking and order she did. Celebrities such as Meryll Streep, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence and more others were handed out plates. Ellen made Brad Pitt hand the plates out himself. If anyone can do something like that on an awards show, only Ellen can. She did not have cash to pay for the pizzas, too, saying "OK, I don't have any money...where's Harvey Weinstein?" Later, she went around with a hat asking for money.
3. Ellen wore a fairy costume complete with magic wand. Ellen Degeneres had several wardrobe changes all through the night. She was in black and then she was in white. She was in white with scarf then she was in pink, with a tiara and a wand. Some people have been longing to see the veteran comedian host in gown for years and she chose tonight to do it.
4. Ellen took an epic selfie with Meryl Streep and other celebrities and crashed Twitter.Right in the middle of the show, DeGeneres wandered down the aisle and asked Meryl Streep to join her for a photo and issued a direct plea to the TV viewers to retweet the photo. And in a completely spontaneous show of support for the host's 'plea', severalof Streep's friends and A-list stars sitted nearby the veteran actress joined in on the photo including Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Lupita Nyong'o, and Julia Roberts. Just minutes after the photo was tweeted with the caption of "If only Bradley's arm was longer Best photo ever. #oscars," the photo garnered 115,000 retweets and crashed the Twitter page, according to The Wrap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools