Oscars 2014, Check out What the Best Actress Nominees Wore to the Awards Night: From Amy Adams to Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep [PHOTOS]
March 3, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Oscars 2014: Amy Adams, Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep: Check out What the Best Actress Nominees Wore to the Awards Night!
The 86th Academy Awards night is a marvelous fanfare for all of Hollywood's celebrities-from A-listers to emerging artists, the Red Carpet of the awards night was filled with fabulous ensembles of gowns and suits. Aside from all the glitz and glamour, fans are all excited to see who will be crowned the Best Actress for this year's awards.
The Best Actress award is up for grabs by actors such as Amy Adams (American Hustle), Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine), Sandra Bullock (Gravity), Judi Dench (Philomena) and Meryl Streep (August Osage County).
For this year's Academy awards, Amy Adams looked stunning in her Gucci sapphire blue strapless gown. Amy Adams sizzled in the body-hugging gown, thereby further accentuating her toned body. Cate Blanchett went a little minimalistic in her Giorgio Armani gown. While striking up a chat with E!'s Ryan Seacrest, crowd-favorite Blanchett commented on how "heavy" her dress was. Blanchett has been embroiled in intriguing issues following Woody Allen's sexual assault fiasco on his adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow. Blanchett has received much flak from fans all over the world after the actress remained mum on the issue Woody Allen was involved in.
Meanwhile, "Gravity" star Sandra Bullock looked bedazzling in her Alexander McQueen gown an her Lorraine Schwartz jewels. For this year's awards night, the color blue was definitely the choice of most actresses. "Philomena" star Judi Dench is no-show in during the awards night. A rep of Judi Dench said that the actress would not be able to make it during the awards night since her schedule would not permit her to do so. Eighteen-time nominee Meryl Streep wowed the crowd and shutterbugs in her black and white Lanvin gown. The veteran in the Academy awards is nominated for her role in "August: Osage County".
Check out in pictures what these Oscar nominees wore to the Red Carpet!
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales