Towanda Upsets Tamar for Vincent Herbert Tax Issues Tweet
By Vanessa Francisco | March 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Towanda Braxton and Tamar Braxton have been trying to rekindle their sister relationship but it has been tough for Towanda at first. During a recent interview with Bossip.com, Towanda said her sisters ganged up on her after airing out Vince Herbert's tax issues on Twitter.
Towanda made headline when she tweeted: "Check the web boo! He owes $3.3 million to the IRS. I guess I am jealous of that too." She tweeted this in response to a fan that claimed she was jealous of her sister, Tamar's marriage and career. "Braxton Family Values" fan Angie Price tweeted: "@mslady57: And she cannot help it that her husband is a multimillionaire and yours is a bum! #bvf @towandabraxton #jealous!"
"After that I was in Twitter jail. My publicist called me to get off Twitter, you are done. Toni was like, "Umba! That is not you. Get off, Tamar was pissed! And rightfully so," explained Towanda. "I was in trouble because it was out of character for me until I explained that these children were attacking their niece and nephew. Then they understood saying 'okay, we get it but we would not have done it like that but we get it."
Towanda also said how people on Twitter said horrible things about her kids that have stuck to her. "People said 'I wish Towanda's children get raped and run over by a bus," she added. "People did not see that stuff. They only saw what I wrote. After that, I have to say it was 100% out of character for me but I was not thinking about what was right and wrong at the moment I was just responding and reacting."
Towanda admitted she knows that her response to a hateful tweet was another ignorant tweet but she defended her action, saying the info was already out in public. "A lot of people said 'Towanda, you just blasted your family business' but I did not tell family business. It was all over the web," she said. "It was public knowledge even before I said anything, ladies and gentlemen. I did not divulge any secrets of the Braxton family. I do not do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch