Towanda Upsets Tamar for Vincent Herbert Tax Issues Tweet
By Vanessa Francisco | March 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Towanda Braxton and Tamar Braxton have been trying to rekindle their sister relationship but it has been tough for Towanda at first. During a recent interview with Bossip.com, Towanda said her sisters ganged up on her after airing out Vince Herbert's tax issues on Twitter.
Towanda made headline when she tweeted: "Check the web boo! He owes $3.3 million to the IRS. I guess I am jealous of that too." She tweeted this in response to a fan that claimed she was jealous of her sister, Tamar's marriage and career. "Braxton Family Values" fan Angie Price tweeted: "@mslady57: And she cannot help it that her husband is a multimillionaire and yours is a bum! #bvf @towandabraxton #jealous!"
"After that I was in Twitter jail. My publicist called me to get off Twitter, you are done. Toni was like, "Umba! That is not you. Get off, Tamar was pissed! And rightfully so," explained Towanda. "I was in trouble because it was out of character for me until I explained that these children were attacking their niece and nephew. Then they understood saying 'okay, we get it but we would not have done it like that but we get it."
Towanda also said how people on Twitter said horrible things about her kids that have stuck to her. "People said 'I wish Towanda's children get raped and run over by a bus," she added. "People did not see that stuff. They only saw what I wrote. After that, I have to say it was 100% out of character for me but I was not thinking about what was right and wrong at the moment I was just responding and reacting."
Towanda admitted she knows that her response to a hateful tweet was another ignorant tweet but she defended her action, saying the info was already out in public. "A lot of people said 'Towanda, you just blasted your family business' but I did not tell family business. It was all over the web," she said. "It was public knowledge even before I said anything, ladies and gentlemen. I did not divulge any secrets of the Braxton family. I do not do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet