Towanda Upsets Tamar for Vincent Herbert Tax Issues Tweet
By Vanessa Francisco | March 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Towanda Braxton and Tamar Braxton have been trying to rekindle their sister relationship but it has been tough for Towanda at first. During a recent interview with Bossip.com, Towanda said her sisters ganged up on her after airing out Vince Herbert's tax issues on Twitter.
Towanda made headline when she tweeted: "Check the web boo! He owes $3.3 million to the IRS. I guess I am jealous of that too." She tweeted this in response to a fan that claimed she was jealous of her sister, Tamar's marriage and career. "Braxton Family Values" fan Angie Price tweeted: "@mslady57: And she cannot help it that her husband is a multimillionaire and yours is a bum! #bvf @towandabraxton #jealous!"
"After that I was in Twitter jail. My publicist called me to get off Twitter, you are done. Toni was like, "Umba! That is not you. Get off, Tamar was pissed! And rightfully so," explained Towanda. "I was in trouble because it was out of character for me until I explained that these children were attacking their niece and nephew. Then they understood saying 'okay, we get it but we would not have done it like that but we get it."
Towanda also said how people on Twitter said horrible things about her kids that have stuck to her. "People said 'I wish Towanda's children get raped and run over by a bus," she added. "People did not see that stuff. They only saw what I wrote. After that, I have to say it was 100% out of character for me but I was not thinking about what was right and wrong at the moment I was just responding and reacting."
Towanda admitted she knows that her response to a hateful tweet was another ignorant tweet but she defended her action, saying the info was already out in public. "A lot of people said 'Towanda, you just blasted your family business' but I did not tell family business. It was all over the web," she said. "It was public knowledge even before I said anything, ladies and gentlemen. I did not divulge any secrets of the Braxton family. I do not do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown