Towanda Upsets Tamar for Vincent Herbert Tax Issues Tweet
By Vanessa Francisco | March 3, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Towanda Braxton and Tamar Braxton have been trying to rekindle their sister relationship but it has been tough for Towanda at first. During a recent interview with Bossip.com, Towanda said her sisters ganged up on her after airing out Vince Herbert's tax issues on Twitter.
Towanda made headline when she tweeted: "Check the web boo! He owes $3.3 million to the IRS. I guess I am jealous of that too." She tweeted this in response to a fan that claimed she was jealous of her sister, Tamar's marriage and career. "Braxton Family Values" fan Angie Price tweeted: "@mslady57: And she cannot help it that her husband is a multimillionaire and yours is a bum! #bvf @towandabraxton #jealous!"
"After that I was in Twitter jail. My publicist called me to get off Twitter, you are done. Toni was like, "Umba! That is not you. Get off, Tamar was pissed! And rightfully so," explained Towanda. "I was in trouble because it was out of character for me until I explained that these children were attacking their niece and nephew. Then they understood saying 'okay, we get it but we would not have done it like that but we get it."
Towanda also said how people on Twitter said horrible things about her kids that have stuck to her. "People said 'I wish Towanda's children get raped and run over by a bus," she added. "People did not see that stuff. They only saw what I wrote. After that, I have to say it was 100% out of character for me but I was not thinking about what was right and wrong at the moment I was just responding and reacting."
Towanda admitted she knows that her response to a hateful tweet was another ignorant tweet but she defended her action, saying the info was already out in public. "A lot of people said 'Towanda, you just blasted your family business' but I did not tell family business. It was all over the web," she said. "It was public knowledge even before I said anything, ladies and gentlemen. I did not divulge any secrets of the Braxton family. I do not do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report