Pharrell's 'Happy' Single Hit Top on Charts, Sets a New Fashion Trend for Oscars 2014
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 12:00 PM EST
"Happy" by Pharrell Williams hits the top on the charts for a record-breaking third time, becoming the first track to hit number 1 for three times in 57 years. The track is also William's third UK million seller. Happy allows Williams to match the Beatles, becoming the third act in UK chart history to attain three million selling singles, Digital Spy UK reports.
Singer Pharrell WIlliams, wearing a Lanvin suit with shorts, arrives with wife, Helen Lasichanh, at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
"Now with three UK million sellers under his belt, and a new solo record to look forward to in the coming months too, it looks like his chart domination will continue in 2014," in a report by Digital Spy UK,
Williams must be...so happy then, that he arrived at the Oscars wearing shorts and no socks. Instead of being a fashion faux pas however, fashion critics seem to be very inspired by it and confirming that Williams cannot do anything wrong at this time of his career. Williams is also excited for the dropping of his album at midnight. Wearing Capri pants, no socks and no hats for tonight's Oscars must be the singer's fashion forward way to create some buzz for the album according to Policy Mic, not that the album needs it, considering what "Happy" had already achieved.
According to the hit singer, he is "beyond grateful" for what the track Happy had currently achieved, as reported by the Metro UK. When "Happy" was named as the latest million selling single, his exact words to Official Charts, "I am beyond grateful for the amount of love and support I've received in response to Happy - it is overwhelming. I've always respected the great taste of the UK, and I'm honoured to have my music embraced in such a positive way. I am so thankful."
Boosted by William's performance at the BRITs last week, the track is now set to take on the top position for the fourth non-consecutive week. You can catch he music video for Pharell's "Happy" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes