Pharrell's 'Happy' Single Hit Top on Charts, Sets a New Fashion Trend for Oscars 2014
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 12:00 PM EST
"Happy" by Pharrell Williams hits the top on the charts for a record-breaking third time, becoming the first track to hit number 1 for three times in 57 years. The track is also William's third UK million seller. Happy allows Williams to match the Beatles, becoming the third act in UK chart history to attain three million selling singles, Digital Spy UK reports.
Singer Pharrell WIlliams, wearing a Lanvin suit with shorts, arrives with wife, Helen Lasichanh, at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
"Now with three UK million sellers under his belt, and a new solo record to look forward to in the coming months too, it looks like his chart domination will continue in 2014," in a report by Digital Spy UK,
Williams must be...so happy then, that he arrived at the Oscars wearing shorts and no socks. Instead of being a fashion faux pas however, fashion critics seem to be very inspired by it and confirming that Williams cannot do anything wrong at this time of his career. Williams is also excited for the dropping of his album at midnight. Wearing Capri pants, no socks and no hats for tonight's Oscars must be the singer's fashion forward way to create some buzz for the album according to Policy Mic, not that the album needs it, considering what "Happy" had already achieved.
According to the hit singer, he is "beyond grateful" for what the track Happy had currently achieved, as reported by the Metro UK. When "Happy" was named as the latest million selling single, his exact words to Official Charts, "I am beyond grateful for the amount of love and support I've received in response to Happy - it is overwhelming. I've always respected the great taste of the UK, and I'm honoured to have my music embraced in such a positive way. I am so thankful."
Boosted by William's performance at the BRITs last week, the track is now set to take on the top position for the fourth non-consecutive week. You can catch he music video for Pharell's "Happy" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast