Pharrell's 'Happy' Single Hit Top on Charts, Sets a New Fashion Trend for Oscars 2014
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 12:00 PM EST
"Happy" by Pharrell Williams hits the top on the charts for a record-breaking third time, becoming the first track to hit number 1 for three times in 57 years. The track is also William's third UK million seller. Happy allows Williams to match the Beatles, becoming the third act in UK chart history to attain three million selling singles, Digital Spy UK reports.
Singer Pharrell WIlliams, wearing a Lanvin suit with shorts, arrives with wife, Helen Lasichanh, at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
"Now with three UK million sellers under his belt, and a new solo record to look forward to in the coming months too, it looks like his chart domination will continue in 2014," in a report by Digital Spy UK,
Williams must be...so happy then, that he arrived at the Oscars wearing shorts and no socks. Instead of being a fashion faux pas however, fashion critics seem to be very inspired by it and confirming that Williams cannot do anything wrong at this time of his career. Williams is also excited for the dropping of his album at midnight. Wearing Capri pants, no socks and no hats for tonight's Oscars must be the singer's fashion forward way to create some buzz for the album according to Policy Mic, not that the album needs it, considering what "Happy" had already achieved.
According to the hit singer, he is "beyond grateful" for what the track Happy had currently achieved, as reported by the Metro UK. When "Happy" was named as the latest million selling single, his exact words to Official Charts, "I am beyond grateful for the amount of love and support I've received in response to Happy - it is overwhelming. I've always respected the great taste of the UK, and I'm honoured to have my music embraced in such a positive way. I am so thankful."
Boosted by William's performance at the BRITs last week, the track is now set to take on the top position for the fourth non-consecutive week. You can catch he music video for Pharell's "Happy" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff