Pharrell's 'Happy' Single Hit Top on Charts, Sets a New Fashion Trend for Oscars 2014
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 12:00 PM EST
"Happy" by Pharrell Williams hits the top on the charts for a record-breaking third time, becoming the first track to hit number 1 for three times in 57 years. The track is also William's third UK million seller. Happy allows Williams to match the Beatles, becoming the third act in UK chart history to attain three million selling singles, Digital Spy UK reports.
Singer Pharrell WIlliams, wearing a Lanvin suit with shorts, arrives with wife, Helen Lasichanh, at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
"Now with three UK million sellers under his belt, and a new solo record to look forward to in the coming months too, it looks like his chart domination will continue in 2014," in a report by Digital Spy UK,
Williams must be...so happy then, that he arrived at the Oscars wearing shorts and no socks. Instead of being a fashion faux pas however, fashion critics seem to be very inspired by it and confirming that Williams cannot do anything wrong at this time of his career. Williams is also excited for the dropping of his album at midnight. Wearing Capri pants, no socks and no hats for tonight's Oscars must be the singer's fashion forward way to create some buzz for the album according to Policy Mic, not that the album needs it, considering what "Happy" had already achieved.
According to the hit singer, he is "beyond grateful" for what the track Happy had currently achieved, as reported by the Metro UK. When "Happy" was named as the latest million selling single, his exact words to Official Charts, "I am beyond grateful for the amount of love and support I've received in response to Happy - it is overwhelming. I've always respected the great taste of the UK, and I'm honoured to have my music embraced in such a positive way. I am so thankful."
Boosted by William's performance at the BRITs last week, the track is now set to take on the top position for the fourth non-consecutive week. You can catch he music video for Pharell's "Happy" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date