Source Reveals Why Lamar Odom Signed With a Non-NBA Team
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 3, 2014 11:05 AM EST
Over the course of Lamar Odom's struggle to win his National Basketball Career (NBA) back and amidst his ongoing divorce with Khloe Kardashian, he recently made a decision to fly to Spain and play for a local basketball team there, but why did Lamar really signed with a non-NBA team?
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
A source told Hollywood Life that Lamar decision to play for Laboral Kutxa or also known as Baskonia in Spain is greatly influenced by his desire to play in the NBA again. The source said that Lamar thinks playing basketball again, even though not for an NBA team, is a great opportunity for him to prove himself. The former Sixth Man of the Year is still not willing to give up his dream to play in the NBA again. He will grab any opportunity to demonstrate his ability to play basketball again.
"Lamar worked hard for this opportunity and no, he doesn't think it's a setback at all to play overseas," said the source. "It's an opportunity to get back where he was in the NBA and he knows he's got to prove himself and he welcomes that chance," the source added. Even Lamar's former Clipper coach Doc Rivers as well as other teammates reportedly approve of his decision to play overseas and said that it is the best path that he can take for the time being and just take advantage of the privilege to work his way back to the NBA.
Lamar made his debut in the Spanish basketball team on Thursday and reports say that he didn't really do well in the game. He only played for six minutes in the first half of the game. He grabbed two rebounds and committed three fouls. He did not play during the second half.
"That's normal at his age after being 10 months out of the game," said Coach Sergio Scariolo. "But he's left a good job impression," he added. Scariolo said that Lamar was having some muscle pains that could have also contributed in his poor performance.
It is not surprising that Lamar would be a little bit rusty. Having been unable to play for nearly a year and having gone through all the hullabaloos in his life - alleged cheating, drug, and marriage problems, so it really is no surprise that Lamar would not be as good as he was before. It doesn't have to be said but things haven't been really easy for the two-time NBA champion. Lamar's attempt to get his career sorted out is striking, but will he really be able to do so?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More