Lea Michele Fills Blank Canvas Left by Cory Monteith with Album 'Louder'
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 10:31 AM EST
Lea Michele just released her solo debut studio album on February 28, 2014 through Colombia Records. Each track seems to be Michele’s way of expressing her love for Cory Monteith. The album serves as a sign that the heartbroken girl is moving on and trying to fill the blank canvas that her boyfriend’s death created for her. The single, "If You Say So" was in fact, dedicated to Cory, according to Entertainment Wise, which reports also that Michele's last words to Cory Monteith was "I Love You."
Actress Lea Michele arrives as a guest at the 20th anniversary of ELLE Women in Hollywood event in Los Angeles
However, Glamour UK's April 2014 cover girl Lea Michele cannot move on from Cory Monteith just yet. Asked whether she is ready to date now that she seemed healed from losing boyfriend Cory Monteith to drugs overdose last July 13, 2013, Lea Michele answered no. At least not yet.
The 27-year old actress singer who is better known as Rachel Berry, lead character of the hit TV show "Glee" dishes out her welled-up emotions on life after Cory Monteith to Glamour UK. Michele shared that after being able to slowly and yet painfully piece herself back together after losing her boyfriend, she now can see a blank canvas ahead of her, which is both sweet and painful. What used to be filled with talks of the future and kids is now replaced with a blank canvas that the actress is both excited and sad to fill.
"How I feel a little bit more back together and I have this blank canvas in front of me, which is what my life can be. There’s something sad about that but also something good, because I will take that blank canvas and make something beautiful out of it," stated Michele.
With the help of friends and family, Michele admitted that she is feeling a little back together. However, dating is still not an option. Michele admits not feeling 100% up to sharing her life with a partner again. She can still feel Cory 's presence in her life, especially when she is running.
“Every day when I go running, I feel like he’s pushing me to run harder. I’m just so glad we’re in a new year. I feel physically and emotionally very strong. You don’t know how strong you are until you have to be. I lost my grandfather a couple of years ago and I always feel that he’s watching over me. I feel the exact same way about Cory. Every day when I go running, I feel like he’s pushing me to run harder,” shared the "Glee" star.
She claimed she cannot move on because her time with Cory was so beautiful and filled with plans about the future. Now that these plans cannot materialize, she cannot just forget all about them and start something new with someone else.
“I feel like I was given the best part of Cory and I’m thankful for that. We talked about a lot of things. We talked about children and what we would look like when we grew old and who would be fat and how we would stay thin. We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. We were done. We were it," continued Michele. Undeniably so, the death of someone who is dearly beloved is not something easily forgotten even for a person as strong as Lea.
Even though she is not ready yet, the actress cannot see herself living in Cory's memory either.
"I’ve only ever had serious relationships so it’s an adjustment putting myself back into a place of being alone. And I was under a Cory Monteith spell…it’ll take time to readjust my mind and I’m really not wanting to do that right now. I feel like it’s so important to make sure that I’m 100% OK before I can get into a relationship. But people have to understand that I can’t be alone forever. Cory wouldn’t want that.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown