Lea Michele Fills Blank Canvas Left by Cory Monteith with Album 'Louder'
By Annie Dee | March 3, 2014 10:31 AM EST
Lea Michele just released her solo debut studio album on February 28, 2014 through Colombia Records. Each track seems to be Michele’s way of expressing her love for Cory Monteith. The album serves as a sign that the heartbroken girl is moving on and trying to fill the blank canvas that her boyfriend’s death created for her. The single, "If You Say So" was in fact, dedicated to Cory, according to Entertainment Wise, which reports also that Michele's last words to Cory Monteith was "I Love You."
Actress Lea Michele arrives as a guest at the 20th anniversary of ELLE Women in Hollywood event in Los Angeles
However, Glamour UK's April 2014 cover girl Lea Michele cannot move on from Cory Monteith just yet. Asked whether she is ready to date now that she seemed healed from losing boyfriend Cory Monteith to drugs overdose last July 13, 2013, Lea Michele answered no. At least not yet.
The 27-year old actress singer who is better known as Rachel Berry, lead character of the hit TV show "Glee" dishes out her welled-up emotions on life after Cory Monteith to Glamour UK. Michele shared that after being able to slowly and yet painfully piece herself back together after losing her boyfriend, she now can see a blank canvas ahead of her, which is both sweet and painful. What used to be filled with talks of the future and kids is now replaced with a blank canvas that the actress is both excited and sad to fill.
"How I feel a little bit more back together and I have this blank canvas in front of me, which is what my life can be. There’s something sad about that but also something good, because I will take that blank canvas and make something beautiful out of it," stated Michele.
With the help of friends and family, Michele admitted that she is feeling a little back together. However, dating is still not an option. Michele admits not feeling 100% up to sharing her life with a partner again. She can still feel Cory 's presence in her life, especially when she is running.
“Every day when I go running, I feel like he’s pushing me to run harder. I’m just so glad we’re in a new year. I feel physically and emotionally very strong. You don’t know how strong you are until you have to be. I lost my grandfather a couple of years ago and I always feel that he’s watching over me. I feel the exact same way about Cory. Every day when I go running, I feel like he’s pushing me to run harder,” shared the "Glee" star.
She claimed she cannot move on because her time with Cory was so beautiful and filled with plans about the future. Now that these plans cannot materialize, she cannot just forget all about them and start something new with someone else.
“I feel like I was given the best part of Cory and I’m thankful for that. We talked about a lot of things. We talked about children and what we would look like when we grew old and who would be fat and how we would stay thin. We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. We were done. We were it," continued Michele. Undeniably so, the death of someone who is dearly beloved is not something easily forgotten even for a person as strong as Lea.
Even though she is not ready yet, the actress cannot see herself living in Cory's memory either.
"I’ve only ever had serious relationships so it’s an adjustment putting myself back into a place of being alone. And I was under a Cory Monteith spell…it’ll take time to readjust my mind and I’m really not wanting to do that right now. I feel like it’s so important to make sure that I’m 100% OK before I can get into a relationship. But people have to understand that I can’t be alone forever. Cory wouldn’t want that.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers