Death Threats for 2 Mean Australian Women Who Hit Elderly Man in Gold Coast Bus (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 3, 2014 10:16 AM EST
An imate at a Venezuelan prison
YouTube/News and Media
Justice will soon be served with two young mean Australian women learning their lesson the hard way.
Police had arrested the two women, 21-year-old Lana Janet Watmough and 17-year-old Layni Gloria Cameron, who physically assaulted Paul Buttigied a 77-year-old man on Tuesday afternoon aboard a Surfside bus travelling through Kirra in Gold Coast. Their abuse was capture on a mobile phone camera by a 13-year-old girl named Rebecca and was uploaded to YouTube and had become viral with more than 30,000 hits so far.
The video made it easier to identify the two mean women who earlier came from the Murwillumbah races after it was aired by Channel 9 on Thursday night that the next morning, their names were already known and circulating in social media, prompting the notorious pair who had received death threats to turn themselves to the police.
Gold Coast District acting Superintendent Brian Swan got a lot of calls from the public on Friday, including the victim from West Tweed Heads. Contrary to earlier reports, the man was not an indigenous and he is not blind, but his glasses were knocked off during the scuffle.
Mr Swan said, quoted by Brisbane Times, "The victim actually doesn't identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. However it is concerning the alleged (attackers) perceived that he was."
The two are facing one count each of serious assault and public nuisance and were detained overnight at the Southport Watchhouse and faced the Southport Magistrates Court on Saturday.
The judge granted Ms Watmough bail and ordered her to return on April 23, but Ms Cameron was not allowed bail and was seen crying as she was brought into the dock and is also due to reappear on April 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery