Jillian Michaels ‘Stunned’ At ‘The Biggest Loser’ Winner Rachel Frederickson’s Controversial Weight Loss
By Anne Lu | March 3, 2014 8:06 AM EST
“The Biggest Loser” season 15 winner Rachel Frederickson is too thin, according to personal trainer Jillian Michaels. The U.S. edition of the reality show was bombarded with criticisms when Frederickson was revealed to have lost a staggering 155 pounds, which Michaels admitted that was too much.
Frederickson only weighed 105 pounds when she was announced as the winner of the show in February, prompting critics to target her dramatic weight loss. And a starting weight of 260 pounds, the 24-year-old lost 59.62% of her weight, the “biggest loser” so to speak.
Michaels, a trainer in the show who didn’t handle Frederickson, first said she would not be commenting on the winner’s controversial weight loss, but apparently has changed her mind.
She wrote on her Facebook page:
“Bob and I want to take a moment to congratulate all of the BL contestants on their hard work. We’re not comfortable commenting on Rachel’s journey because weren’t her trainers and weren’t given an opportunitiy to work with her at any point. Any questions about the contestants on the Biggest Loser should be directed to the show’s producers.”
Bob was Bob Harper, her fellow trainer in the show. Frederickson was under Dolvett Quince’s training program.
Michaels is receiving questions about the controversy now.
“I was stunned,” she told HuffPost Live in an interview.
“Obviously I thought she had lost too much weight and I was immediately concerned and wondering how this had happened, how no one had said something to me and how the checks and balances that had been put into place, in my opinion, this had fallen through those checks and balances.”
Even Frederickson thinks she might have overdone her workout.
“Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic in my training to get to the finale,” she told People magazine, adding that she worked out six hours a day in the three months before the show’s finale.
She maintained, though, that she was “very, very healthy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia