Oscar Pistorius Trial 2014: Where to Watch Live; TV and Online Streaming Information of Pretoria Court Proceedings
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 3, 2014 4:29 AM EST
On Sunday, 2 March 2014, Media Group Multi Choice launched a 24-hour pop-up channel on DStv.
DStv is MultiChoice's digital satellite TV service in Africa, launched in 1995. It's channel called 'The Oscar Pistorius Trial: A Carte Blanche Channel' will be streaming round-the-clock coverage of the legal proceedings, as well as exclusive documentaries and in-depth expert talks.
This will be the first time DStv will be using a pop-up channel to cover a major news event that has been on the headline for over a year, and has sparked an overwhelming global attention.
The programming will be produced by M-Net's investigative journalism current affairs programme Carte Blanche.
The channel will be an easy way for audience around the world to get the latest, most relevant information on the most talked-about trial of the contemporary times that has taken the entire world by storm.
Where to Watch Live
The Oscar Pistorius Trial 2014 begins everyday at around 8am GMT (10am local time, 3am EST, 1:30pm India Time). It is reported that the process will take three weeks or more to complete.
The live channel will be available on DStv Premium, Compact Plus and Compact. It will go on air on DStv's channel 199. See the list HERE.
The channel can be viewed online HERE.(You will require subscription, and a Connect ID)
In addition to that, follow the official Twitter handle of the Oscar Trial Channel 199 for minute-by-minute live tweeting of the events HERE. Also Check the official Facebook page of the Oscar Trail Chennel 199 HERE for live updates.
Additionally check updates from the Twitter Handle of Oscar Pistorius' Public Relations team HERE. The PR team has launched a new handle and claims to give 'factual updates' and 'hard truth' about the events.
TV and News Update:
In addition to the live streaming, live tweeting and facebooking, many international news channels have also claimed that they would be live streaming most of the trial and therby giving viewers minute-by-minute updates on the activities from the Pretoria High Court.
Model Reeva Steenkamp was found dead inside the bathroom of Pistorius' Pretoria home on Valentine's Day last year.
The 27-year old Paralympian, better known as 'the Blade Runner', has not denied shooting Steenkamp but has always defended himself by saying he mistook her for a burglar, and has denied charges of murder.
The Judge in the Pretoria High Court has the daunting task of deciding whether what Pistorius is saying the truth. The prosecutors have said that he knew Steenkamp was inside the bathroom and that he deliberately shot her.
Also Read: Oscar Pistorius Dating Teen College Student
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia