How to Cope with Exam Stress?
By Afreen Ahmed | March 3, 2014 4:11 AM EST
Are you appearing for board examinations or entrance tests, which are giving you sleepless nights?
Exams stress, like any other stress, damages normal functioning of daily life. The screaming voices inside your head - 'do I know the subject thoroughly?' 'what questions may come up?' 'will I answer all the questions asked?'- make you feel irritated and panicky.
It is easy to deal with stress during exams by putting a little effort. Here are few tips which will help you cope with exam stress:
Manage your study time well. Make sure you allow yourself to relax between your studies. Keep your stationery organized with even an eraser or ruler, and most importantly your hall ticket. You may tend to forget your hall ticket while preparing for the exam. Keep it ready before you enter the exam hall so that you do not panic when you cannot find it.
Skipping your meals just because you are busy studying is a big no. Never miss your food but also do not overeat which may cause fatigue and sleep. Eat the food which energizes your nerves and concentration power. Never go empty stomach to write exams, your stomach may grumble during exams and you will lose concentration. Always carry a bottle of water to exam hall.
Place of study
Every individual differs in the pattern of preparing for examinations. You may be a night owl burning the midnight oil or dawn lark welcoming the sunrise. Study in the place where you are comfortable. The comfort level of place is the best place to concentrate and revision for your exams. One may like messy table with papers hovering around, while one may like neat organised study table to concentrate better. It is solely your choice.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy; you must have heard of this. Studying continuously is not recommended at all. Take breaks in between your study hour, go for walk, watch television, and talk to your family members, which will help you relax and concentrate better. According to psychologists, one can only concentrate properly for about 45 minutes at one stretch.
It is common among all students to be worried during the exam time, do not allow stress to lead over your concentration. Relax and execute your exams well.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- A Degree to Die For: Doctor of Chocolate at UK’s Cambridge U
- New Words Added To Online Oxford Dictionaries Including Time-Poor, Listicle and Live-Tweet
- Top 10 Work From Home Jobs That Pay A Lot
- Academic Says There Are at Least 10 Design Students More Deserving of $60,000 Scholarship in 2011 Than PM Tony Abbott’s Daughter Frances
- Google Doodle Commemorates John Venn's 108th Birthday [Watch Video]
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff