Irrfan Khan Cast in "Jurassic Park" Reboot, Set to Play Billionaire?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 2, 2014 11:52 PM EST
It seems actor Irrfan Khan will soon add another Hollywood feather in his cap.
Irrfan is understood to be all set to feature in the "Jurassic Park" series reboot "Jurassic World". The actor will reportedly play a billionaire by the name of Patel, who owns the new dinosaur park in the Steven Spielberg production.
While initial reports had hinted that Irrfan's role will be a negative one, a report by Hindustan Times claims otherwise.
"Yes, Irrfan is doing Jurassic World. His role is not negative, as is being reported by some sections of the international media. He will be seen as the owner of the new Jurassic Park," revealed a source to the tabloid.
The "Life of Pi" actor, however, did not confirm the news and stated that an announcement would only be made by the studio.
"Jurassic World" will be the fourth film in the successful "Jurassic Park" series, and will reportedly have Vincent D' Onofrio of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" fame playing the main villain. The film to be directed by Colin Trevorrow ("Safety Not Guaranteed" fame) and would also star Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jake Johnson and Nick Robinson.
The science fiction film is expected to release in June 2015.
Irrfan has previously starred in international productions like "A Mighty Heart", "The Namesake", "The Amazing Spiderman" and also the critically and commercially successful "Life of Pi" and "Slumdog Millionaire".
The meticulous actor was also approached by acclaimed director Christopher Nolan for his upcoming science fiction "Interstellar" but the actor failed to commit to the film, owing to date issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown