Box Office: 'Drishyam', 'Ohm Shanthi Oshaana', '1983' and Other Malayalam Film Collections in Kerala
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 9:51 PM EST
Mohanlal-Meena starrer "Drishyam" is still ruling the Kerala box office, despite new releases.
"Drishyam", directed by Jeethu Joseph, turned out to be a mega blockbuster at the box office. According to trade sources, "Drishyam" has earned approximately ₹38 crore and is still running successfully in 55 release stations, reported Sify. The thriller, which released on 19 December, is fast approaching the 75-day mark in several theatres.
Although several new films had released in the last two months, none of them were able to outperform "Drishyam". The Mohanlal starrer managed to sustain its momentum at the box office, despite new releases. The film has set a new record by earning nearly ₹18 crore share, which is the highest ever for any film released in Kerala.
"Drishyam" clearly takes the top slot at the Kerala box office. It is followed by "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana", starring Nivin Pauly and Nazriya Nazim. The romantic comedy, directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, had received positive reviews from critics. The audience also gave a big thumbs up to the film, and it turned out to be a super hit. "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" has reportedly grossed ₹6.10 crore (₹2.85 crore share) in three weeks at the Kerala box office.
Fahadh Faasil-Amala Paul's "Oru Indian Pranyakatha" has taken the third slot in Kerala, with the film minting approximately a share of ₹4 Crore in nine weeks at the box office.
Meanwhile, Nivin is riding high with back-to-back successful films. The actor's first release of the year - "1983" - has also done good business at the box office. The film has earned a share of ₹2.75 crore in 25 days and has turned out to be a hit flick, the website reported.
Jayasurya's "Happy Journey" has taken the fifth slot, although the film failed to take a decent opening and ended up being below average. Several other films, which hit the screens in the last two months, have failed to set the cash registers ringing.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown