Box Office: 'Drishyam', 'Ohm Shanthi Oshaana', '1983' and Other Malayalam Film Collections in Kerala
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 9:51 PM EST
Mohanlal-Meena starrer "Drishyam" is still ruling the Kerala box office, despite new releases.
"Drishyam", directed by Jeethu Joseph, turned out to be a mega blockbuster at the box office. According to trade sources, "Drishyam" has earned approximately ₹38 crore and is still running successfully in 55 release stations, reported Sify. The thriller, which released on 19 December, is fast approaching the 75-day mark in several theatres.
Although several new films had released in the last two months, none of them were able to outperform "Drishyam". The Mohanlal starrer managed to sustain its momentum at the box office, despite new releases. The film has set a new record by earning nearly ₹18 crore share, which is the highest ever for any film released in Kerala.
"Drishyam" clearly takes the top slot at the Kerala box office. It is followed by "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana", starring Nivin Pauly and Nazriya Nazim. The romantic comedy, directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, had received positive reviews from critics. The audience also gave a big thumbs up to the film, and it turned out to be a super hit. "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" has reportedly grossed ₹6.10 crore (₹2.85 crore share) in three weeks at the Kerala box office.
Fahadh Faasil-Amala Paul's "Oru Indian Pranyakatha" has taken the third slot in Kerala, with the film minting approximately a share of ₹4 Crore in nine weeks at the box office.
Meanwhile, Nivin is riding high with back-to-back successful films. The actor's first release of the year - "1983" - has also done good business at the box office. The film has earned a share of ₹2.75 crore in 25 days and has turned out to be a hit flick, the website reported.
Jayasurya's "Happy Journey" has taken the fifth slot, although the film failed to take a decent opening and ended up being below average. Several other films, which hit the screens in the last two months, have failed to set the cash registers ringing.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate