Box Office: 'Drishyam', 'Ohm Shanthi Oshaana', '1983' and Other Malayalam Film Collections in Kerala
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 9:51 PM EST
Mohanlal-Meena starrer "Drishyam" is still ruling the Kerala box office, despite new releases.
"Drishyam", directed by Jeethu Joseph, turned out to be a mega blockbuster at the box office. According to trade sources, "Drishyam" has earned approximately ₹38 crore and is still running successfully in 55 release stations, reported Sify. The thriller, which released on 19 December, is fast approaching the 75-day mark in several theatres.
Although several new films had released in the last two months, none of them were able to outperform "Drishyam". The Mohanlal starrer managed to sustain its momentum at the box office, despite new releases. The film has set a new record by earning nearly ₹18 crore share, which is the highest ever for any film released in Kerala.
"Drishyam" clearly takes the top slot at the Kerala box office. It is followed by "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana", starring Nivin Pauly and Nazriya Nazim. The romantic comedy, directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, had received positive reviews from critics. The audience also gave a big thumbs up to the film, and it turned out to be a super hit. "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" has reportedly grossed ₹6.10 crore (₹2.85 crore share) in three weeks at the Kerala box office.
Fahadh Faasil-Amala Paul's "Oru Indian Pranyakatha" has taken the third slot in Kerala, with the film minting approximately a share of ₹4 Crore in nine weeks at the box office.
Meanwhile, Nivin is riding high with back-to-back successful films. The actor's first release of the year - "1983" - has also done good business at the box office. The film has earned a share of ₹2.75 crore in 25 days and has turned out to be a hit flick, the website reported.
Jayasurya's "Happy Journey" has taken the fifth slot, although the film failed to take a decent opening and ended up being below average. Several other films, which hit the screens in the last two months, have failed to set the cash registers ringing.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced