Box Office: 'Drishyam', 'Ohm Shanthi Oshaana', '1983' and Other Malayalam Film Collections in Kerala
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 9:51 PM EST
Mohanlal-Meena starrer "Drishyam" is still ruling the Kerala box office, despite new releases.
"Drishyam", directed by Jeethu Joseph, turned out to be a mega blockbuster at the box office. According to trade sources, "Drishyam" has earned approximately ₹38 crore and is still running successfully in 55 release stations, reported Sify. The thriller, which released on 19 December, is fast approaching the 75-day mark in several theatres.
Although several new films had released in the last two months, none of them were able to outperform "Drishyam". The Mohanlal starrer managed to sustain its momentum at the box office, despite new releases. The film has set a new record by earning nearly ₹18 crore share, which is the highest ever for any film released in Kerala.
"Drishyam" clearly takes the top slot at the Kerala box office. It is followed by "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana", starring Nivin Pauly and Nazriya Nazim. The romantic comedy, directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, had received positive reviews from critics. The audience also gave a big thumbs up to the film, and it turned out to be a super hit. "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" has reportedly grossed ₹6.10 crore (₹2.85 crore share) in three weeks at the Kerala box office.
Fahadh Faasil-Amala Paul's "Oru Indian Pranyakatha" has taken the third slot in Kerala, with the film minting approximately a share of ₹4 Crore in nine weeks at the box office.
Meanwhile, Nivin is riding high with back-to-back successful films. The actor's first release of the year - "1983" - has also done good business at the box office. The film has earned a share of ₹2.75 crore in 25 days and has turned out to be a hit flick, the website reported.
Jayasurya's "Happy Journey" has taken the fifth slot, although the film failed to take a decent opening and ended up being below average. Several other films, which hit the screens in the last two months, have failed to set the cash registers ringing.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy