Box Office: 'Drishyam', 'Ohm Shanthi Oshaana', '1983' and Other Malayalam Film Collections in Kerala
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 9:51 PM EST
Mohanlal-Meena starrer "Drishyam" is still ruling the Kerala box office, despite new releases.
"Drishyam", directed by Jeethu Joseph, turned out to be a mega blockbuster at the box office. According to trade sources, "Drishyam" has earned approximately ₹38 crore and is still running successfully in 55 release stations, reported Sify. The thriller, which released on 19 December, is fast approaching the 75-day mark in several theatres.
Although several new films had released in the last two months, none of them were able to outperform "Drishyam". The Mohanlal starrer managed to sustain its momentum at the box office, despite new releases. The film has set a new record by earning nearly ₹18 crore share, which is the highest ever for any film released in Kerala.
"Drishyam" clearly takes the top slot at the Kerala box office. It is followed by "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana", starring Nivin Pauly and Nazriya Nazim. The romantic comedy, directed by Jude Anthany Joseph, had received positive reviews from critics. The audience also gave a big thumbs up to the film, and it turned out to be a super hit. "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" has reportedly grossed ₹6.10 crore (₹2.85 crore share) in three weeks at the Kerala box office.
Fahadh Faasil-Amala Paul's "Oru Indian Pranyakatha" has taken the third slot in Kerala, with the film minting approximately a share of ₹4 Crore in nine weeks at the box office.
Meanwhile, Nivin is riding high with back-to-back successful films. The actor's first release of the year - "1983" - has also done good business at the box office. The film has earned a share of ₹2.75 crore in 25 days and has turned out to be a hit flick, the website reported.
Jayasurya's "Happy Journey" has taken the fifth slot, although the film failed to take a decent opening and ended up being below average. Several other films, which hit the screens in the last two months, have failed to set the cash registers ringing.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’