'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Sees Jump on Day 2
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects", which had a decent opening day, has witnessed a jump in its business on Saturday (1 March).
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" had raked in around ₹5.4 crore on the first day of its release. The film picked up well and collected ₹7.60 crore on the second day, according to Koimoi. The film's two-day collections stand at ₹13 crore at the Indian office.
The romantic comedy, directed by Saket Chaudhary, is aimed at the urban centric audience. Koimoi reports that the film has shown good growth in the northern circuit.
Armed with a strong lead cast - Farhan and Vidya - "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day. However, the film's performance was only decent and it managed to fetch just ₹5.4 crore on Friday, a non holiday. With the rom-com having witnessed a significant growth in its business on Saturday, it is expected to mint good collections during the opening weekend (28 February to 2 March).
The film has started on a solid note in the overseas markets. According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the business of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" noticed growth on Saturday in the UK and Australia. The film's performance was good in other key overseas markets, including the US and Canada. "In UK and Australia too, #ShaadiKeSideEffects grows 35% to 40% on Saturday. USA-Canada starts on a solid note!" Taran tweeted.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during weekdays. Since there are no other new releases, the Chaudhary directorial is expected to dominate the screens for another few days until new films hit theatres. Next Friday (7 March), three films are gearing up for release - Madhuri Dixit-Juhi Chawla's "Gulaab Gang", Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" and Ali Zafar-Yami Gautham's "Total Siyapaa".
All three films are carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the teams' promotional activities. The release of these films is likely to affect the performance of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects."
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Arrivals - For Photos, Click HERE
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2