'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Sees Jump on Day 2
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects", which had a decent opening day, has witnessed a jump in its business on Saturday (1 March).
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" had raked in around ₹5.4 crore on the first day of its release. The film picked up well and collected ₹7.60 crore on the second day, according to Koimoi. The film's two-day collections stand at ₹13 crore at the Indian office.
The romantic comedy, directed by Saket Chaudhary, is aimed at the urban centric audience. Koimoi reports that the film has shown good growth in the northern circuit.
Armed with a strong lead cast - Farhan and Vidya - "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day. However, the film's performance was only decent and it managed to fetch just ₹5.4 crore on Friday, a non holiday. With the rom-com having witnessed a significant growth in its business on Saturday, it is expected to mint good collections during the opening weekend (28 February to 2 March).
The film has started on a solid note in the overseas markets. According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the business of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" noticed growth on Saturday in the UK and Australia. The film's performance was good in other key overseas markets, including the US and Canada. "In UK and Australia too, #ShaadiKeSideEffects grows 35% to 40% on Saturday. USA-Canada starts on a solid note!" Taran tweeted.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during weekdays. Since there are no other new releases, the Chaudhary directorial is expected to dominate the screens for another few days until new films hit theatres. Next Friday (7 March), three films are gearing up for release - Madhuri Dixit-Juhi Chawla's "Gulaab Gang", Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" and Ali Zafar-Yami Gautham's "Total Siyapaa".
All three films are carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the teams' promotional activities. The release of these films is likely to affect the performance of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects."
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Arrivals - For Photos, Click HERE
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga