'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Sees Jump on Day 2
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects", which had a decent opening day, has witnessed a jump in its business on Saturday (1 March).
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" had raked in around ₹5.4 crore on the first day of its release. The film picked up well and collected ₹7.60 crore on the second day, according to Koimoi. The film's two-day collections stand at ₹13 crore at the Indian office.
The romantic comedy, directed by Saket Chaudhary, is aimed at the urban centric audience. Koimoi reports that the film has shown good growth in the northern circuit.
Armed with a strong lead cast - Farhan and Vidya - "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day. However, the film's performance was only decent and it managed to fetch just ₹5.4 crore on Friday, a non holiday. With the rom-com having witnessed a significant growth in its business on Saturday, it is expected to mint good collections during the opening weekend (28 February to 2 March).
The film has started on a solid note in the overseas markets. According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the business of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" noticed growth on Saturday in the UK and Australia. The film's performance was good in other key overseas markets, including the US and Canada. "In UK and Australia too, #ShaadiKeSideEffects grows 35% to 40% on Saturday. USA-Canada starts on a solid note!" Taran tweeted.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during weekdays. Since there are no other new releases, the Chaudhary directorial is expected to dominate the screens for another few days until new films hit theatres. Next Friday (7 March), three films are gearing up for release - Madhuri Dixit-Juhi Chawla's "Gulaab Gang", Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" and Ali Zafar-Yami Gautham's "Total Siyapaa".
All three films are carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the teams' promotional activities. The release of these films is likely to affect the performance of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects."
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Arrivals - For Photos, Click HERE
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L