'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Sees Jump on Day 2
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects", which had a decent opening day, has witnessed a jump in its business on Saturday (1 March).
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" had raked in around ₹5.4 crore on the first day of its release. The film picked up well and collected ₹7.60 crore on the second day, according to Koimoi. The film's two-day collections stand at ₹13 crore at the Indian office.
The romantic comedy, directed by Saket Chaudhary, is aimed at the urban centric audience. Koimoi reports that the film has shown good growth in the northern circuit.
Armed with a strong lead cast - Farhan and Vidya - "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day. However, the film's performance was only decent and it managed to fetch just ₹5.4 crore on Friday, a non holiday. With the rom-com having witnessed a significant growth in its business on Saturday, it is expected to mint good collections during the opening weekend (28 February to 2 March).
The film has started on a solid note in the overseas markets. According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the business of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" noticed growth on Saturday in the UK and Australia. The film's performance was good in other key overseas markets, including the US and Canada. "In UK and Australia too, #ShaadiKeSideEffects grows 35% to 40% on Saturday. USA-Canada starts on a solid note!" Taran tweeted.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during weekdays. Since there are no other new releases, the Chaudhary directorial is expected to dominate the screens for another few days until new films hit theatres. Next Friday (7 March), three films are gearing up for release - Madhuri Dixit-Juhi Chawla's "Gulaab Gang", Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" and Ali Zafar-Yami Gautham's "Total Siyapaa".
All three films are carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the teams' promotional activities. The release of these films is likely to affect the performance of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects."
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Arrivals - For Photos, Click HERE
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?