'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Sees Jump on Day 2
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar-Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects", which had a decent opening day, has witnessed a jump in its business on Saturday (1 March).
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" had raked in around ₹5.4 crore on the first day of its release. The film picked up well and collected ₹7.60 crore on the second day, according to Koimoi. The film's two-day collections stand at ₹13 crore at the Indian office.
The romantic comedy, directed by Saket Chaudhary, is aimed at the urban centric audience. Koimoi reports that the film has shown good growth in the northern circuit.
Armed with a strong lead cast - Farhan and Vidya - "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" was expected to take a fantastic opening on the first day. However, the film's performance was only decent and it managed to fetch just ₹5.4 crore on Friday, a non holiday. With the rom-com having witnessed a significant growth in its business on Saturday, it is expected to mint good collections during the opening weekend (28 February to 2 March).
The film has started on a solid note in the overseas markets. According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the business of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" noticed growth on Saturday in the UK and Australia. The film's performance was good in other key overseas markets, including the US and Canada. "In UK and Australia too, #ShaadiKeSideEffects grows 35% to 40% on Saturday. USA-Canada starts on a solid note!" Taran tweeted.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during weekdays. Since there are no other new releases, the Chaudhary directorial is expected to dominate the screens for another few days until new films hit theatres. Next Friday (7 March), three films are gearing up for release - Madhuri Dixit-Juhi Chawla's "Gulaab Gang", Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" and Ali Zafar-Yami Gautham's "Total Siyapaa".
All three films are carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the teams' promotional activities. The release of these films is likely to affect the performance of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects."
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Arrivals - For Photos, Click HERE
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS