Viral Video: Islamic Syrian Extremist Cut Off Man’s Hand for Stealing (WARNING: GRAPHIC & GORY IMAGES)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 2, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Abu al-Taib, the leader of Ahbab Al-Mustafa Battalion, demonstrates to female members as he holds a gun during a military training in a mosque in the Seif El Dawla neighbourhood in Aleppo - (Reuters file photo)
A video made up of photos of a man's hand being cut off in Syria is circulating in YouTube and has gone viral. The images from Maskanah were initially posted in Twitter but were eventually removed.
Metro reports that the punishment was made by the Syrian militant group ISIS after the man allegedly admitted to the theft and requested for his right hand to be cut off to cleanse himself from sins, according to several Jihadi tweets that promoted the punishment. ISIS is one of the extremist groups or rebels trying to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
The NY Daily News said the photos were posted on the Twitter account @reyadriraq which is now defunct.
Images showed a large crowd, including children, gathered to watch the punishment as the man, who was blindfolded, had his hand outstretched waiting for the final cut on his limbs. The face of the man who wielded the sword used for cutting the hand was masked.
Later images showed his amputated hand left on the table, while he lay back with an open wound.
Several Twitter members responded to the incident.
VictoriaWindle found the act of cutting someone's hand off as sick, while Clausius pointed out that Americans are arming the militants in Syria who cut people's hands off.
Hunadah asked if people are cutting the hands of thieves, "should we cut off from those who force marriage on women?"
Nizar Nayouf pointed out the punishment is according to Islamic Sharia.
ISIS as well as other Islamic countries have placed bans on smoking, music and other behaviours considered not consistent with the Islamic faith. Those who defy the prohibition have been beheaded or flogged, such as the one below posted in YouTube with more than 1.5 million views.
YouTube/The Third Rail Concept
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Forced Marriages And Child Brides Rampant In Australia: Police Said
- Singapore Top Court Maintains Law Criminalising Gay Sex
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Roast Busters Scandal Investigation: No Charges Filed
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2