Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer Confirmed to Release on 9 March
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 6:10 PM EST
The official trailer of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" will be released on 9 March along with the film's audio. [Also Read: Anushka Shetty to Play Female Leadin Rajinikanth-KS Ravikumar Film?
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan" music and trailer launch is all set to take place at Chennai's Satyam Cinemas on 9 March. Confirming the news, film's director Soundarya Rajinikanth tweeted: "Audio & trailer launch on 9 March in Satyam at 10:30am. It's official :)"
The event will be a grand affair with the presence of film's cast and crew including Rajinikanth, director Soundarya, music composer AR Rahman among others. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who plays the female lead in "Kochadaiiyaan," and Amitabh Bachchan are expected to attend the launch event.
Soundarya revealed on her Twitter handle that the trailer of "Kochadaiiyaan" has received a clean U-certificate from the censor board. "Glad to inform, got the Theaterical trailer of Kochadaiiyaan censored today ( U-certificate) in Tamil&Hindi. Vikaramasimha censored in Telugu," Rajinikanth's younger daughter tweeted.
On Friday, Soundarya released the "Karbonn Kochadaiiyaan Signature Phone Series" at an event held in Chennai. Speaking to reporters at the event, Soundarya gave out some interesting tidbits about her father and her directorial debut flick. In response to a question on 'directing' her father, Soundarya revealed that her father was feeling awkward while shooting romantic scenes with Deepika Padukone. She also said that she would love to work with him once again, if given an opportunity.
The "Kochadaiiyaan" director also shared some details about her first film. Soundarya revealed that the legendardy actor Nagesh, who passed away in 2009, has been resurrected to a role. The film's team has got somebody to imitate the thespian's body language and those movements have been captured on computer and translated into a life-like manner on screen.
Speaking about the delay in the films' release, Soundarya said, "Films like Kochadaiiyaan will take 5-6 years for its making. Like how Avatar was in the making for 5-6 years because of the post production works which gobble up a large amount of time. That's the reason why we couldn't release Kochadaiiyaan as promised earlier," according to Cinemalead.
In a shocking revelation, the young director said that "Kochadaiiyaan" release date is not fixed yet. Earlier, Kochadaiiyaan's press release confirmed the film's release date as 11 April. Now, Soundarya's announcement has surprised the industry, as many screens have planned it for 11 April.
"Kochadaiiyaan," touted to be an historical drama, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The Rajini starrer is said to be the first Indian film to have used motion-capturing techniques.The film, made on a big budget over ₹100 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy