Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer Confirmed to Release on 9 March
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 6:10 PM EST
The official trailer of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" will be released on 9 March along with the film's audio. [Also Read: Anushka Shetty to Play Female Leadin Rajinikanth-KS Ravikumar Film?
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan" music and trailer launch is all set to take place at Chennai's Satyam Cinemas on 9 March. Confirming the news, film's director Soundarya Rajinikanth tweeted: "Audio & trailer launch on 9 March in Satyam at 10:30am. It's official :)"
The event will be a grand affair with the presence of film's cast and crew including Rajinikanth, director Soundarya, music composer AR Rahman among others. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who plays the female lead in "Kochadaiiyaan," and Amitabh Bachchan are expected to attend the launch event.
Soundarya revealed on her Twitter handle that the trailer of "Kochadaiiyaan" has received a clean U-certificate from the censor board. "Glad to inform, got the Theaterical trailer of Kochadaiiyaan censored today ( U-certificate) in Tamil&Hindi. Vikaramasimha censored in Telugu," Rajinikanth's younger daughter tweeted.
On Friday, Soundarya released the "Karbonn Kochadaiiyaan Signature Phone Series" at an event held in Chennai. Speaking to reporters at the event, Soundarya gave out some interesting tidbits about her father and her directorial debut flick. In response to a question on 'directing' her father, Soundarya revealed that her father was feeling awkward while shooting romantic scenes with Deepika Padukone. She also said that she would love to work with him once again, if given an opportunity.
The "Kochadaiiyaan" director also shared some details about her first film. Soundarya revealed that the legendardy actor Nagesh, who passed away in 2009, has been resurrected to a role. The film's team has got somebody to imitate the thespian's body language and those movements have been captured on computer and translated into a life-like manner on screen.
Speaking about the delay in the films' release, Soundarya said, "Films like Kochadaiiyaan will take 5-6 years for its making. Like how Avatar was in the making for 5-6 years because of the post production works which gobble up a large amount of time. That's the reason why we couldn't release Kochadaiiyaan as promised earlier," according to Cinemalead.
In a shocking revelation, the young director said that "Kochadaiiyaan" release date is not fixed yet. Earlier, Kochadaiiyaan's press release confirmed the film's release date as 11 April. Now, Soundarya's announcement has surprised the industry, as many screens have planned it for 11 April.
"Kochadaiiyaan," touted to be an historical drama, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The Rajini starrer is said to be the first Indian film to have used motion-capturing techniques.The film, made on a big budget over ₹100 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?