Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer Confirmed to Release on 9 March
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 6:10 PM EST
The official trailer of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" will be released on 9 March along with the film's audio. [Also Read: Anushka Shetty to Play Female Leadin Rajinikanth-KS Ravikumar Film?
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan" music and trailer launch is all set to take place at Chennai's Satyam Cinemas on 9 March. Confirming the news, film's director Soundarya Rajinikanth tweeted: "Audio & trailer launch on 9 March in Satyam at 10:30am. It's official :)"
The event will be a grand affair with the presence of film's cast and crew including Rajinikanth, director Soundarya, music composer AR Rahman among others. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who plays the female lead in "Kochadaiiyaan," and Amitabh Bachchan are expected to attend the launch event.
Soundarya revealed on her Twitter handle that the trailer of "Kochadaiiyaan" has received a clean U-certificate from the censor board. "Glad to inform, got the Theaterical trailer of Kochadaiiyaan censored today ( U-certificate) in Tamil&Hindi. Vikaramasimha censored in Telugu," Rajinikanth's younger daughter tweeted.
On Friday, Soundarya released the "Karbonn Kochadaiiyaan Signature Phone Series" at an event held in Chennai. Speaking to reporters at the event, Soundarya gave out some interesting tidbits about her father and her directorial debut flick. In response to a question on 'directing' her father, Soundarya revealed that her father was feeling awkward while shooting romantic scenes with Deepika Padukone. She also said that she would love to work with him once again, if given an opportunity.
The "Kochadaiiyaan" director also shared some details about her first film. Soundarya revealed that the legendardy actor Nagesh, who passed away in 2009, has been resurrected to a role. The film's team has got somebody to imitate the thespian's body language and those movements have been captured on computer and translated into a life-like manner on screen.
Speaking about the delay in the films' release, Soundarya said, "Films like Kochadaiiyaan will take 5-6 years for its making. Like how Avatar was in the making for 5-6 years because of the post production works which gobble up a large amount of time. That's the reason why we couldn't release Kochadaiiyaan as promised earlier," according to Cinemalead.
In a shocking revelation, the young director said that "Kochadaiiyaan" release date is not fixed yet. Earlier, Kochadaiiyaan's press release confirmed the film's release date as 11 April. Now, Soundarya's announcement has surprised the industry, as many screens have planned it for 11 April.
"Kochadaiiyaan," touted to be an historical drama, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The Rajini starrer is said to be the first Indian film to have used motion-capturing techniques.The film, made on a big budget over ₹100 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales