Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer Confirmed to Release on 9 March
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 6:10 PM EST
The official trailer of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" will be released on 9 March along with the film's audio. [Also Read: Anushka Shetty to Play Female Leadin Rajinikanth-KS Ravikumar Film?
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
"Kochadaiiyaan" music and trailer launch is all set to take place at Chennai's Satyam Cinemas on 9 March. Confirming the news, film's director Soundarya Rajinikanth tweeted: "Audio & trailer launch on 9 March in Satyam at 10:30am. It's official :)"
The event will be a grand affair with the presence of film's cast and crew including Rajinikanth, director Soundarya, music composer AR Rahman among others. Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who plays the female lead in "Kochadaiiyaan," and Amitabh Bachchan are expected to attend the launch event.
Soundarya revealed on her Twitter handle that the trailer of "Kochadaiiyaan" has received a clean U-certificate from the censor board. "Glad to inform, got the Theaterical trailer of Kochadaiiyaan censored today ( U-certificate) in Tamil&Hindi. Vikaramasimha censored in Telugu," Rajinikanth's younger daughter tweeted.
On Friday, Soundarya released the "Karbonn Kochadaiiyaan Signature Phone Series" at an event held in Chennai. Speaking to reporters at the event, Soundarya gave out some interesting tidbits about her father and her directorial debut flick. In response to a question on 'directing' her father, Soundarya revealed that her father was feeling awkward while shooting romantic scenes with Deepika Padukone. She also said that she would love to work with him once again, if given an opportunity.
The "Kochadaiiyaan" director also shared some details about her first film. Soundarya revealed that the legendardy actor Nagesh, who passed away in 2009, has been resurrected to a role. The film's team has got somebody to imitate the thespian's body language and those movements have been captured on computer and translated into a life-like manner on screen.
Speaking about the delay in the films' release, Soundarya said, "Films like Kochadaiiyaan will take 5-6 years for its making. Like how Avatar was in the making for 5-6 years because of the post production works which gobble up a large amount of time. That's the reason why we couldn't release Kochadaiiyaan as promised earlier," according to Cinemalead.
In a shocking revelation, the young director said that "Kochadaiiyaan" release date is not fixed yet. Earlier, Kochadaiiyaan's press release confirmed the film's release date as 11 April. Now, Soundarya's announcement has surprised the industry, as many screens have planned it for 11 April.
"Kochadaiiyaan," touted to be an historical drama, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The Rajini starrer is said to be the first Indian film to have used motion-capturing techniques.The film, made on a big budget over ₹100 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks