Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' First Look Revealed, Official Teaser Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 4:20 PM EST
The first look poster of Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" has been revealed. A small teaser of the film has also been released on the video sharing site YouTube.
Uttama Villain First Look Poster (Ramesh Aravind/Twitter)
The poster, which shows a colourful mask, has a generated a lot of buzz among fans. The teaser also increases the curiosity factor about the film's storyline. To look at the teaser, click HERE.
The film's story is reportedly about an ageing superstar, played by Kamal Haasan.
"Uthama Villain," directed by actor and Kamal's close friend Ramesh Aravind, is all set to set go on floors on 3 March in Bangalore. The film is expected to be completed within three months, after which Kamal will move on to his next project - the Tamil remake of the Malayalam film "Drishyam," which turned out to be a huge box office success last year.
Music composer Ghibran, who has scored the music for "Vishwaroopam 2," has been roped in to work on the soundtracks of "Uthama Villain."
The Kamal starrer will have story and screenplay by the actor himself, while it will be produced by Lingusamy's Thirrupathi Brothers.
The film's cinematography will be handled by Shyam Dutt, while editing will be done by Vijai Sankar.
Details about "Uthama Villain" cast are not yet known. Earlier, there were reports that the film will have three heroines and the team had approached a few actresses like Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha to be part of the project. But now buzz is that the "Vishwaroopam" girls - Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah - will be retained for "Uthama Villain." Besides these beauties, actress Parvathy Menon of "Mariyaan" fame is likely to play a key role in the film.
Comedian Vivek will reportedly be working with Kamal for the first time in his filmy career. It is also being said that Kamal has signed his mentor K Balachander to essay an important role in the comedy entertainer. However, an official announcement on the film's cast is still awaited.
Meanwhile, Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" is gearing up for a big release. Buzz is that the film might hit the screens on 2 May or 9 May, but Kamal is yet to confirm the exact release date.
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet - For Pictures, Click HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine