Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' First Look Revealed, Official Teaser Released
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 2, 2014 4:20 PM EST
The first look poster of Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" has been revealed. A small teaser of the film has also been released on the video sharing site YouTube.
Uttama Villain First Look Poster (Ramesh Aravind/Twitter)
The poster, which shows a colourful mask, has a generated a lot of buzz among fans. The teaser also increases the curiosity factor about the film's storyline. To look at the teaser, click HERE.
The film's story is reportedly about an ageing superstar, played by Kamal Haasan.
"Uthama Villain," directed by actor and Kamal's close friend Ramesh Aravind, is all set to set go on floors on 3 March in Bangalore. The film is expected to be completed within three months, after which Kamal will move on to his next project - the Tamil remake of the Malayalam film "Drishyam," which turned out to be a huge box office success last year.
Music composer Ghibran, who has scored the music for "Vishwaroopam 2," has been roped in to work on the soundtracks of "Uthama Villain."
The Kamal starrer will have story and screenplay by the actor himself, while it will be produced by Lingusamy's Thirrupathi Brothers.
The film's cinematography will be handled by Shyam Dutt, while editing will be done by Vijai Sankar.
Details about "Uthama Villain" cast are not yet known. Earlier, there were reports that the film will have three heroines and the team had approached a few actresses like Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha to be part of the project. But now buzz is that the "Vishwaroopam" girls - Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah - will be retained for "Uthama Villain." Besides these beauties, actress Parvathy Menon of "Mariyaan" fame is likely to play a key role in the film.
Comedian Vivek will reportedly be working with Kamal for the first time in his filmy career. It is also being said that Kamal has signed his mentor K Balachander to essay an important role in the comedy entertainer. However, an official announcement on the film's cast is still awaited.
Meanwhile, Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" is gearing up for a big release. Buzz is that the film might hit the screens on 2 May or 9 May, but Kamal is yet to confirm the exact release date.
Also Read: Oscars 2014 Red Carpet - For Pictures, Click HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales