NBA News: Heat’s Big Three Era Likely Over This Summer As Stars Demand No More Paycuts; James To Cavaliers, Bosh To Lakers, Wade To Bulls as Alternatives
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 1, 2014 11:56 PM EST
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are now done taking lesser money, as they head into this summer's free-agency with a lucrative, long-term deal on their mind, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat
According to New York Daily News, a source told him that the Miami Heat Big Three are not interested anymore in accepting semi-max deals and are looking for big money when they have a chance to opt out and become an unrestricted free-agent at the end of the season.
With regards to the report about the Heat's potential interest on NY Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, the Heat would likely have a nearly impossible chance of forming a Big Four in South Beach, given the NBA is now imposing a much stricter salary cap rules.
"There is no talk that the Heat will go after Anthony on July 1, despite the fact that Miami will have to do some retooling in the offseason, regardless of whether James gets Miami a third straight title or falls short," New York Daily News reported.
"The only buzz is that Miami's Big Three is past the point of taking fewer dollars than it can get. The days of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sacrificing millions for the good of the team are over, according to well-placed Heat sources. So that could play into what Miami could give Anthony, if it would even be interested in his services."
Potential Destinations For Big Three
Whether or not they win another title, the Heat will surely have a hard time keeping the Big Three together because of their higher asking price. Many analysts believed Bosh would likely bolt out of South Beach, as he looks to regain his status as "the man" of a franchise (the Los Angeles Lakers are a wildcard team) while James could explore different options, including a possible return to his home state team - The Cleveland Cavaliers.
As for Wade, he may end up finishing his career with the Heat, though the Chicago Bulls are reportedly interested to add the former Finals MVP this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles