NBA News: Heat’s Big Three Era Likely Over This Summer As Stars Demand No More Paycuts; James To Cavaliers, Bosh To Lakers, Wade To Bulls as Alternatives
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 1, 2014 11:56 PM EST
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are now done taking lesser money, as they head into this summer's free-agency with a lucrative, long-term deal on their mind, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat
According to New York Daily News, a source told him that the Miami Heat Big Three are not interested anymore in accepting semi-max deals and are looking for big money when they have a chance to opt out and become an unrestricted free-agent at the end of the season.
With regards to the report about the Heat's potential interest on NY Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, the Heat would likely have a nearly impossible chance of forming a Big Four in South Beach, given the NBA is now imposing a much stricter salary cap rules.
"There is no talk that the Heat will go after Anthony on July 1, despite the fact that Miami will have to do some retooling in the offseason, regardless of whether James gets Miami a third straight title or falls short," New York Daily News reported.
"The only buzz is that Miami's Big Three is past the point of taking fewer dollars than it can get. The days of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sacrificing millions for the good of the team are over, according to well-placed Heat sources. So that could play into what Miami could give Anthony, if it would even be interested in his services."
Potential Destinations For Big Three
Whether or not they win another title, the Heat will surely have a hard time keeping the Big Three together because of their higher asking price. Many analysts believed Bosh would likely bolt out of South Beach, as he looks to regain his status as "the man" of a franchise (the Los Angeles Lakers are a wildcard team) while James could explore different options, including a possible return to his home state team - The Cleveland Cavaliers.
As for Wade, he may end up finishing his career with the Heat, though the Chicago Bulls are reportedly interested to add the former Finals MVP this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best