NBA News: Heat’s Big Three Era Likely Over This Summer As Stars Demand No More Paycuts; James To Cavaliers, Bosh To Lakers, Wade To Bulls as Alternatives
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 1, 2014 11:56 PM EST
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are now done taking lesser money, as they head into this summer's free-agency with a lucrative, long-term deal on their mind, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat
According to New York Daily News, a source told him that the Miami Heat Big Three are not interested anymore in accepting semi-max deals and are looking for big money when they have a chance to opt out and become an unrestricted free-agent at the end of the season.
With regards to the report about the Heat's potential interest on NY Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, the Heat would likely have a nearly impossible chance of forming a Big Four in South Beach, given the NBA is now imposing a much stricter salary cap rules.
"There is no talk that the Heat will go after Anthony on July 1, despite the fact that Miami will have to do some retooling in the offseason, regardless of whether James gets Miami a third straight title or falls short," New York Daily News reported.
"The only buzz is that Miami's Big Three is past the point of taking fewer dollars than it can get. The days of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sacrificing millions for the good of the team are over, according to well-placed Heat sources. So that could play into what Miami could give Anthony, if it would even be interested in his services."
Potential Destinations For Big Three
Whether or not they win another title, the Heat will surely have a hard time keeping the Big Three together because of their higher asking price. Many analysts believed Bosh would likely bolt out of South Beach, as he looks to regain his status as "the man" of a franchise (the Los Angeles Lakers are a wildcard team) while James could explore different options, including a possible return to his home state team - The Cleveland Cavaliers.
As for Wade, he may end up finishing his career with the Heat, though the Chicago Bulls are reportedly interested to add the former Finals MVP this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown