NBA News: Heat’s Big Three Era Likely Over This Summer As Stars Demand No More Paycuts; James To Cavaliers, Bosh To Lakers, Wade To Bulls as Alternatives
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 1, 2014 11:56 PM EST
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are now done taking lesser money, as they head into this summer's free-agency with a lucrative, long-term deal on their mind, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat
According to New York Daily News, a source told him that the Miami Heat Big Three are not interested anymore in accepting semi-max deals and are looking for big money when they have a chance to opt out and become an unrestricted free-agent at the end of the season.
With regards to the report about the Heat's potential interest on NY Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, the Heat would likely have a nearly impossible chance of forming a Big Four in South Beach, given the NBA is now imposing a much stricter salary cap rules.
"There is no talk that the Heat will go after Anthony on July 1, despite the fact that Miami will have to do some retooling in the offseason, regardless of whether James gets Miami a third straight title or falls short," New York Daily News reported.
"The only buzz is that Miami's Big Three is past the point of taking fewer dollars than it can get. The days of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh sacrificing millions for the good of the team are over, according to well-placed Heat sources. So that could play into what Miami could give Anthony, if it would even be interested in his services."
Potential Destinations For Big Three
Whether or not they win another title, the Heat will surely have a hard time keeping the Big Three together because of their higher asking price. Many analysts believed Bosh would likely bolt out of South Beach, as he looks to regain his status as "the man" of a franchise (the Los Angeles Lakers are a wildcard team) while James could explore different options, including a possible return to his home state team - The Cleveland Cavaliers.
As for Wade, he may end up finishing his career with the Heat, though the Chicago Bulls are reportedly interested to add the former Finals MVP this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate