Maruti Suzuki India Registers Marginal Decline In February
By greeshma m | March 1, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest passenger car maker registered a 0.40 percent dip in total sales for the month of February.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The company on Saturday said the total vehicle sales stood at 109104 units, as against the 109567 units in the corresponding month last year. The domestic sales of the company rose to 99758 units in February, when compared to the 97,955 units in the same month last year.
Maruti's mini passenger segment witnessed dip in February, compared to last year. It posted a 9.6 percent decline in sales of its mini-car segment, which includes vehicles like M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, in February, as against 41,311 units last year. In the compact car segment, Maruti saw a growth of 19.40 percent from 24021 units in February 2013.Other segments of the company also registered growth in sales.
Sales of the mid-sized sedan SX4 saw a growth of 6 per cent at 228 units, as against the 215 units last February. Compared to the sales of last year, the company could not sell the Kizashi luxury car this year.
Sales of utility vehicles -- Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga plunged to 5,231 units in February, registering 12.2 per cent dip against the 5,957 units in February 2013.
Among other auto makers, Hyundai Motor India Ltd also witnessed a plunge in sales in February. The company reported a 14.9 per cent decline in total sales in February at 46,505 units compared with 54,665 in the same month last year.
"Post the reduction in excise duty, enquiry inflow has increased with February sales of 34,005 units a growth of 2 per cent over the earlier month and it is expected that this would lead towards creation of a positive momentum," PTI quoted HMIL Senior VP-Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava .
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS