Maruti Suzuki India Registers Marginal Decline In February
By greeshma m | March 1, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest passenger car maker registered a 0.40 percent dip in total sales for the month of February.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The company on Saturday said the total vehicle sales stood at 109104 units, as against the 109567 units in the corresponding month last year. The domestic sales of the company rose to 99758 units in February, when compared to the 97,955 units in the same month last year.
Maruti's mini passenger segment witnessed dip in February, compared to last year. It posted a 9.6 percent decline in sales of its mini-car segment, which includes vehicles like M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, in February, as against 41,311 units last year. In the compact car segment, Maruti saw a growth of 19.40 percent from 24021 units in February 2013.Other segments of the company also registered growth in sales.
Sales of the mid-sized sedan SX4 saw a growth of 6 per cent at 228 units, as against the 215 units last February. Compared to the sales of last year, the company could not sell the Kizashi luxury car this year.
Sales of utility vehicles -- Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga plunged to 5,231 units in February, registering 12.2 per cent dip against the 5,957 units in February 2013.
Among other auto makers, Hyundai Motor India Ltd also witnessed a plunge in sales in February. The company reported a 14.9 per cent decline in total sales in February at 46,505 units compared with 54,665 in the same month last year.
"Post the reduction in excise duty, enquiry inflow has increased with February sales of 34,005 units a growth of 2 per cent over the earlier month and it is expected that this would lead towards creation of a positive momentum," PTI quoted HMIL Senior VP-Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava .
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best