‘Satyamev Jayate’ Proves Costly for Aamir Khan, Actor Buys Bomb Proof Car for Safety
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 1, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Superstar Aamir Khan has been forced to put safety first after facing several threats to his life.
Aamir by raising awareness about social evils prevalent in the Indian society through his reality show "Satyamev Jayate" has faced several life threats. From uncovering the malpractices of doctors, rejecting Khap Panchayat, and Dowry system to talking about against Female foeticide, the actor has done it all. While some have appreciated his efforts, he has on the other hand faced the wrath of the orthodox and the wrongdoers.
With continuous threats to his life, the "Dhoom 3" actor has finally opted for high end protection and now travels in Mercedes S6200, which is not just bullet proof but a bomb proof vehicle.
"After the first season of Satyamev Jayate, Aamir Khan received a few threats... He then decided to purchase this expensive bombproof car. There are a lot of people out there, who own bulletproof cars, but his bombproof car is a customised model and it is specially made for VVIPs," informed a source to Mid Day.
The actor was recently spotted attending an event in his high-end car, which is said to have cost him around ₹10 crore. Moreover, Aamir is the only person in the country after PM Manmohan Singh and Industrialist Mukesh Ambani to own such a car.
In a recent report, the actor's aged mother had expressed concerns over her son's safety and highlighted the pitfalls of hosting "Satyamev Jayate," which involved risks to his life.
And it is believed that as "Satyamev Jayate" season 2 will go live soon, the actor has given into the concerns of his near and dear ones and purchased the vehicle.
Meanwhile, the actor refuted reports of the first episode of SJ Season 2 being shot in Dashrath Manji's village in Bihar.
"There was news we will be shooting in Bihar about Dashrath Manjhi's life. That is untrue. We did not go to Bihar to shoot. We shot him in the last season's finale episode itself, which was titled Idea of India... Manjhi took 22 years to break through the mountain and make a path. It was a very inspirational story and this time we went to Gaya was to officially announce the second season of Satyamev Jayate. We finally took off from where we left off last time..." Koimoi quoted Aamir.
On the heavily criticised crying shots of the actor as seen in SJ season one, the actor clarified, "A section of people felt I cried too much but I am afraid that's how I am. I'm very emotional and when I hear a heartbreaking story I can't pretend otherwise. I broke down many times on the show but scenes of me crying will be slashed out neatly from the episode."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery