‘Satyamev Jayate’ Proves Costly for Aamir Khan, Actor Buys Bomb Proof Car for Safety
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 1, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Superstar Aamir Khan has been forced to put safety first after facing several threats to his life.
Aamir by raising awareness about social evils prevalent in the Indian society through his reality show "Satyamev Jayate" has faced several life threats. From uncovering the malpractices of doctors, rejecting Khap Panchayat, and Dowry system to talking about against Female foeticide, the actor has done it all. While some have appreciated his efforts, he has on the other hand faced the wrath of the orthodox and the wrongdoers.
With continuous threats to his life, the "Dhoom 3" actor has finally opted for high end protection and now travels in Mercedes S6200, which is not just bullet proof but a bomb proof vehicle.
"After the first season of Satyamev Jayate, Aamir Khan received a few threats... He then decided to purchase this expensive bombproof car. There are a lot of people out there, who own bulletproof cars, but his bombproof car is a customised model and it is specially made for VVIPs," informed a source to Mid Day.
The actor was recently spotted attending an event in his high-end car, which is said to have cost him around ₹10 crore. Moreover, Aamir is the only person in the country after PM Manmohan Singh and Industrialist Mukesh Ambani to own such a car.
In a recent report, the actor's aged mother had expressed concerns over her son's safety and highlighted the pitfalls of hosting "Satyamev Jayate," which involved risks to his life.
And it is believed that as "Satyamev Jayate" season 2 will go live soon, the actor has given into the concerns of his near and dear ones and purchased the vehicle.
Meanwhile, the actor refuted reports of the first episode of SJ Season 2 being shot in Dashrath Manji's village in Bihar.
"There was news we will be shooting in Bihar about Dashrath Manjhi's life. That is untrue. We did not go to Bihar to shoot. We shot him in the last season's finale episode itself, which was titled Idea of India... Manjhi took 22 years to break through the mountain and make a path. It was a very inspirational story and this time we went to Gaya was to officially announce the second season of Satyamev Jayate. We finally took off from where we left off last time..." Koimoi quoted Aamir.
On the heavily criticised crying shots of the actor as seen in SJ season one, the actor clarified, "A section of people felt I cried too much but I am afraid that's how I am. I'm very emotional and when I hear a heartbreaking story I can't pretend otherwise. I broke down many times on the show but scenes of me crying will be slashed out neatly from the episode."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff