‘Satyamev Jayate’ Proves Costly for Aamir Khan, Actor Buys Bomb Proof Car for Safety
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 1, 2014 9:21 PM EST
Superstar Aamir Khan has been forced to put safety first after facing several threats to his life.
Aamir by raising awareness about social evils prevalent in the Indian society through his reality show "Satyamev Jayate" has faced several life threats. From uncovering the malpractices of doctors, rejecting Khap Panchayat, and Dowry system to talking about against Female foeticide, the actor has done it all. While some have appreciated his efforts, he has on the other hand faced the wrath of the orthodox and the wrongdoers.
With continuous threats to his life, the "Dhoom 3" actor has finally opted for high end protection and now travels in Mercedes S6200, which is not just bullet proof but a bomb proof vehicle.
"After the first season of Satyamev Jayate, Aamir Khan received a few threats... He then decided to purchase this expensive bombproof car. There are a lot of people out there, who own bulletproof cars, but his bombproof car is a customised model and it is specially made for VVIPs," informed a source to Mid Day.
The actor was recently spotted attending an event in his high-end car, which is said to have cost him around ₹10 crore. Moreover, Aamir is the only person in the country after PM Manmohan Singh and Industrialist Mukesh Ambani to own such a car.
In a recent report, the actor's aged mother had expressed concerns over her son's safety and highlighted the pitfalls of hosting "Satyamev Jayate," which involved risks to his life.
And it is believed that as "Satyamev Jayate" season 2 will go live soon, the actor has given into the concerns of his near and dear ones and purchased the vehicle.
Meanwhile, the actor refuted reports of the first episode of SJ Season 2 being shot in Dashrath Manji's village in Bihar.
"There was news we will be shooting in Bihar about Dashrath Manjhi's life. That is untrue. We did not go to Bihar to shoot. We shot him in the last season's finale episode itself, which was titled Idea of India... Manjhi took 22 years to break through the mountain and make a path. It was a very inspirational story and this time we went to Gaya was to officially announce the second season of Satyamev Jayate. We finally took off from where we left off last time..." Koimoi quoted Aamir.
On the heavily criticised crying shots of the actor as seen in SJ season one, the actor clarified, "A section of people felt I cried too much but I am afraid that's how I am. I'm very emotional and when I hear a heartbreaking story I can't pretend otherwise. I broke down many times on the show but scenes of me crying will be slashed out neatly from the episode."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions