Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Expansion to Release Late March, Features Detailed and First Glimpse
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 8:31 PM EST
Problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 from developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts, is all ready to usher the all-new expansion that is focused on water-based combat taking players to the South China Sea.
The expansion will also bring four new multiplayer maps namely Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar.
The blog on the official website, invites players to "Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar."
Naval Strike expansion will bring in five new weapons and introduce a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle. (See Also: Battlefield 4 New Update for PC and Xbox One)
The expansion will also contain two additional gadgets:
- 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
- Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
Apart from these, there will be ten new assignments with unlocks and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, a fan-favorite mode that re-imagines the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode.
Premium players will get a two week early access to Naval Strike. The expansion will be releasing "late March." Battlefield Premium subscribers will also get the other four expansions - Second Assault, China Rising, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand and costs $50. Premium members will also be given access to 12 Battlepacks, weekly exclusive content, priority position in server queues.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best