Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Expansion to Release Late March, Features Detailed and First Glimpse
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 8:31 PM EST
Problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 from developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts, is all ready to usher the all-new expansion that is focused on water-based combat taking players to the South China Sea.
The expansion will also bring four new multiplayer maps namely Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar.
The blog on the official website, invites players to "Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar."
Naval Strike expansion will bring in five new weapons and introduce a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle. (See Also: Battlefield 4 New Update for PC and Xbox One)
The expansion will also contain two additional gadgets:
- 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
- Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
Apart from these, there will be ten new assignments with unlocks and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, a fan-favorite mode that re-imagines the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode.
Premium players will get a two week early access to Naval Strike. The expansion will be releasing "late March." Battlefield Premium subscribers will also get the other four expansions - Second Assault, China Rising, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand and costs $50. Premium members will also be given access to 12 Battlepacks, weekly exclusive content, priority position in server queues.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists