Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Expansion to Release Late March, Features Detailed and First Glimpse
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 8:31 PM EST
Problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 from developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts, is all ready to usher the all-new expansion that is focused on water-based combat taking players to the South China Sea.
The expansion will also bring four new multiplayer maps namely Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar.
The blog on the official website, invites players to "Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar."
Naval Strike expansion will bring in five new weapons and introduce a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle. (See Also: Battlefield 4 New Update for PC and Xbox One)
The expansion will also contain two additional gadgets:
- 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
- Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
Apart from these, there will be ten new assignments with unlocks and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, a fan-favorite mode that re-imagines the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode.
Premium players will get a two week early access to Naval Strike. The expansion will be releasing "late March." Battlefield Premium subscribers will also get the other four expansions - Second Assault, China Rising, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand and costs $50. Premium members will also be given access to 12 Battlepacks, weekly exclusive content, priority position in server queues.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales