Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Expansion to Release Late March, Features Detailed and First Glimpse
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 8:31 PM EST
Problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 from developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts, is all ready to usher the all-new expansion that is focused on water-based combat taking players to the South China Sea.
The expansion will also bring four new multiplayer maps namely Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar.
The blog on the official website, invites players to "Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar."
Naval Strike expansion will bring in five new weapons and introduce a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle. (See Also: Battlefield 4 New Update for PC and Xbox One)
The expansion will also contain two additional gadgets:
- 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
- Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
Apart from these, there will be ten new assignments with unlocks and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, a fan-favorite mode that re-imagines the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode.
Premium players will get a two week early access to Naval Strike. The expansion will be releasing "late March." Battlefield Premium subscribers will also get the other four expansions - Second Assault, China Rising, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand and costs $50. Premium members will also be given access to 12 Battlepacks, weekly exclusive content, priority position in server queues.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal