Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Expansion to Release Late March, Features Detailed and First Glimpse
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 8:31 PM EST
Problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 from developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts, is all ready to usher the all-new expansion that is focused on water-based combat taking players to the South China Sea.
The expansion will also bring four new multiplayer maps namely Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar.
The blog on the official website, invites players to "Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar."
Naval Strike expansion will bring in five new weapons and introduce a new amphibious hovercraft vehicle. (See Also: Battlefield 4 New Update for PC and Xbox One)
The expansion will also contain two additional gadgets:
- 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
- Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
Apart from these, there will be ten new assignments with unlocks and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, a fan-favorite mode that re-imagines the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode.
Premium players will get a two week early access to Naval Strike. The expansion will be releasing "late March." Battlefield Premium subscribers will also get the other four expansions - Second Assault, China Rising, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand and costs $50. Premium members will also be given access to 12 Battlepacks, weekly exclusive content, priority position in server queues.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu