Oscar Pistorius Trial: Paralympian Reportedly Dating Teen College Student While Awaiting Judgement on Murder of Reeva Steenkamp
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 1, 2014 8:06 PM EST
As Oscar Pistorius is awaiting trial for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, reports have surfaced that he is dating a teenage college student.
File photo of South Africa's Oscar Pistorius running. He is reportedly dating a teen student ahead of his trial on march 3.
But the double-amputee sprinter reportedly wears a disguise to avoid being detected, and consequently avoid embarrassment, when he goes out with the 19-year-old student now identified as Leah Skye Malan. The teen is reportedly studying to be a paramedic.
Despite his efforts not to be detected, "it was hard not to spot him," a source told the London Sun.
"They both seem really into each other. She's helped support him through this difficult time and has introduced him to all her family," the source was quoted as saying. "They have embraced him."
Malan is now said to be the first woman the 'Blade Runner' has dated after shooting his former girlfriend Steenkemp to death on Valantine's Day last year.
He claimed that he mistook her for a burglar and denied charges of murder. He is due to stand trial at a court in Pretoria on 3 March, which will be televised live.
Meanwhile, images of Oscar Pistorious showing off his shooting skills by blasting a watermelon are doing rounds in the internet. It is reported that the still pictures of the Paralympian on a shooting rage show him taking aim with the same silver 9mm pistol, which he had used to shoot Steenkamp just months later.
Judge Dunstand Mlambo at the court in Pretoria has said that the entire audio of the 27-year-old double amputee's trial could be broadcast live, and sections of the trial could be filmed and televised live as well.
The parts that can be broadcast include opening arguments, evidence of experts, police witnesses and closing arguments. The testimony of the accused and his witnesses are exempted.
Media Group MultiChoice has planned a 24-hour coverage of the trial on its own dedicated channel called the Oscar Pistorius Trial channel, which will begin broadcasting on Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS