Oscar Pistorius Trial: Paralympian Reportedly Dating Teen College Student While Awaiting Judgement on Murder of Reeva Steenkamp
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 1, 2014 8:06 PM EST
As Oscar Pistorius is awaiting trial for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, reports have surfaced that he is dating a teenage college student.
File photo of South Africa's Oscar Pistorius running. He is reportedly dating a teen student ahead of his trial on march 3.
But the double-amputee sprinter reportedly wears a disguise to avoid being detected, and consequently avoid embarrassment, when he goes out with the 19-year-old student now identified as Leah Skye Malan. The teen is reportedly studying to be a paramedic.
Despite his efforts not to be detected, "it was hard not to spot him," a source told the London Sun.
"They both seem really into each other. She's helped support him through this difficult time and has introduced him to all her family," the source was quoted as saying. "They have embraced him."
Malan is now said to be the first woman the 'Blade Runner' has dated after shooting his former girlfriend Steenkemp to death on Valantine's Day last year.
He claimed that he mistook her for a burglar and denied charges of murder. He is due to stand trial at a court in Pretoria on 3 March, which will be televised live.
Meanwhile, images of Oscar Pistorious showing off his shooting skills by blasting a watermelon are doing rounds in the internet. It is reported that the still pictures of the Paralympian on a shooting rage show him taking aim with the same silver 9mm pistol, which he had used to shoot Steenkamp just months later.
Judge Dunstand Mlambo at the court in Pretoria has said that the entire audio of the 27-year-old double amputee's trial could be broadcast live, and sections of the trial could be filmed and televised live as well.
The parts that can be broadcast include opening arguments, evidence of experts, police witnesses and closing arguments. The testimony of the accused and his witnesses are exempted.
Media Group MultiChoice has planned a 24-hour coverage of the trial on its own dedicated channel called the Oscar Pistorius Trial channel, which will begin broadcasting on Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast