Oscar Pistorius Trial: Paralympian Reportedly Dating Teen College Student While Awaiting Judgement on Murder of Reeva Steenkamp
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 1, 2014 8:06 PM EST
As Oscar Pistorius is awaiting trial for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, reports have surfaced that he is dating a teenage college student.
File photo of South Africa's Oscar Pistorius running. He is reportedly dating a teen student ahead of his trial on march 3.
But the double-amputee sprinter reportedly wears a disguise to avoid being detected, and consequently avoid embarrassment, when he goes out with the 19-year-old student now identified as Leah Skye Malan. The teen is reportedly studying to be a paramedic.
Despite his efforts not to be detected, "it was hard not to spot him," a source told the London Sun.
"They both seem really into each other. She's helped support him through this difficult time and has introduced him to all her family," the source was quoted as saying. "They have embraced him."
Malan is now said to be the first woman the 'Blade Runner' has dated after shooting his former girlfriend Steenkemp to death on Valantine's Day last year.
He claimed that he mistook her for a burglar and denied charges of murder. He is due to stand trial at a court in Pretoria on 3 March, which will be televised live.
Meanwhile, images of Oscar Pistorious showing off his shooting skills by blasting a watermelon are doing rounds in the internet. It is reported that the still pictures of the Paralympian on a shooting rage show him taking aim with the same silver 9mm pistol, which he had used to shoot Steenkamp just months later.
Judge Dunstand Mlambo at the court in Pretoria has said that the entire audio of the 27-year-old double amputee's trial could be broadcast live, and sections of the trial could be filmed and televised live as well.
The parts that can be broadcast include opening arguments, evidence of experts, police witnesses and closing arguments. The testimony of the accused and his witnesses are exempted.
Media Group MultiChoice has planned a 24-hour coverage of the trial on its own dedicated channel called the Oscar Pistorius Trial channel, which will begin broadcasting on Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Australian Woman Charged for Adultery in Lebanon for Visiting Boyfriend
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales