Oscar Pistorius Trial: Paralympian Reportedly Dating Teen College Student While Awaiting Judgement on Murder of Reeva Steenkamp
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 1, 2014 8:06 PM EST
As Oscar Pistorius is awaiting trial for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, reports have surfaced that he is dating a teenage college student.
File photo of South Africa's Oscar Pistorius running. He is reportedly dating a teen student ahead of his trial on march 3.
But the double-amputee sprinter reportedly wears a disguise to avoid being detected, and consequently avoid embarrassment, when he goes out with the 19-year-old student now identified as Leah Skye Malan. The teen is reportedly studying to be a paramedic.
Despite his efforts not to be detected, "it was hard not to spot him," a source told the London Sun.
"They both seem really into each other. She's helped support him through this difficult time and has introduced him to all her family," the source was quoted as saying. "They have embraced him."
Malan is now said to be the first woman the 'Blade Runner' has dated after shooting his former girlfriend Steenkemp to death on Valantine's Day last year.
He claimed that he mistook her for a burglar and denied charges of murder. He is due to stand trial at a court in Pretoria on 3 March, which will be televised live.
Meanwhile, images of Oscar Pistorious showing off his shooting skills by blasting a watermelon are doing rounds in the internet. It is reported that the still pictures of the Paralympian on a shooting rage show him taking aim with the same silver 9mm pistol, which he had used to shoot Steenkamp just months later.
Judge Dunstand Mlambo at the court in Pretoria has said that the entire audio of the 27-year-old double amputee's trial could be broadcast live, and sections of the trial could be filmed and televised live as well.
The parts that can be broadcast include opening arguments, evidence of experts, police witnesses and closing arguments. The testimony of the accused and his witnesses are exempted.
Media Group MultiChoice has planned a 24-hour coverage of the trial on its own dedicated channel called the Oscar Pistorius Trial channel, which will begin broadcasting on Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage