Telangana: TRS' Merger with Cong to be Decided on 3 March
By Rama Mohan | March 1, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) has said that the merger of the party with Congress will be decided on 3 March. KCR was addressing his party meeting in Hyderabad on 28 February, when he revealed the development.
The meeting was organised to admit three Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leaders-Mahender Reddy, K.S Ratnam and Narender Reddy.
At the meeting, TRS workers intervened and requested their leader not to merge the party with Congress.
"So you don't want a merger. They (Congress) are talking differently. Okay we all will decide about it on 3 March," Deccan Chronicle quoted KCR, who later spelled out his agenda, once the new state of Telangana is formed.
Promises made by KCR:
- A two-bed-room house to each family in the new state
- Hostels will be provided to students irrespective of caste and free education will be made compulsory from KG to PG, by bringing in English medium schools with CBSE syllabus.
- Monthly pension of ₹1,500 will be given to disabled, ₹1,000 to widows.
- Nizam's Institute Of Medical Sciences (NIMS)-type hospitals in each district in Telangana.
- Irrigation project with a capacity to supply water to one lakh acres in each Assembly constituency in the proposed state.
- Three acres of land will be given to each family from Dalit sect and ₹10,000 crore will be spent on Dalits' welfare in each year's budget.
He also said that the proposed new Telangana government would not take up development programmes for the rich, but will concentrate on the welfare of weaker sections. Emphasising on the need of a strong leader to head the new Telangana state, KCR claimed that he had been involved in the Telangana movement since 15 years. The new Telangana state will be transformed into a richer one within six to seven years, he promised.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8