Telangana: TRS' Merger with Cong to be Decided on 3 March
By Rama Mohan | March 1, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) has said that the merger of the party with Congress will be decided on 3 March. KCR was addressing his party meeting in Hyderabad on 28 February, when he revealed the development.
The meeting was organised to admit three Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leaders-Mahender Reddy, K.S Ratnam and Narender Reddy.
At the meeting, TRS workers intervened and requested their leader not to merge the party with Congress.
"So you don't want a merger. They (Congress) are talking differently. Okay we all will decide about it on 3 March," Deccan Chronicle quoted KCR, who later spelled out his agenda, once the new state of Telangana is formed.
Promises made by KCR:
- A two-bed-room house to each family in the new state
- Hostels will be provided to students irrespective of caste and free education will be made compulsory from KG to PG, by bringing in English medium schools with CBSE syllabus.
- Monthly pension of ₹1,500 will be given to disabled, ₹1,000 to widows.
- Nizam's Institute Of Medical Sciences (NIMS)-type hospitals in each district in Telangana.
- Irrigation project with a capacity to supply water to one lakh acres in each Assembly constituency in the proposed state.
- Three acres of land will be given to each family from Dalit sect and ₹10,000 crore will be spent on Dalits' welfare in each year's budget.
He also said that the proposed new Telangana government would not take up development programmes for the rich, but will concentrate on the welfare of weaker sections. Emphasising on the need of a strong leader to head the new Telangana state, KCR claimed that he had been involved in the Telangana movement since 15 years. The new Telangana state will be transformed into a richer one within six to seven years, he promised.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- British PM Cameron Urges Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air