Assam Woman who Kissed Rahul Gandhi Burnt to Death by Angry Husband?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 1, 2014 5:53 PM EST
A congress ward member Bonti Chutiya was burnt to death by her angry husband after she reportedly arrived late from Rahul Gandhi's meeting during his visit to Assam, reports suggest.
You Tube Screen Shot
You Tube Scree shot where an Assam woman is seen kissing Rahul Gandhi
After allegedly killing Bonti, her husband, recognised as Someswar Chutiya, also set himself ablaze. He has been admitted to a nearby hospital in critical condition.
According to initial reports, the couple had a heated argument, after which the husband allegedly set the woman ablaze, India Today reported. Initially it was reported that the woman who died was the same person who was seen kissing Rahul Gandhi during his visit to Assam.
However, other reports have claimed that she was not among those who showered Rahul Gandhi with kisses on Wednesday.
The incident had come into limelight after photos and videos of women kissing the Congress Vice President went viral on the internet.
The 43-year-old is travelling across the country campaigning for his party ahead of the Lok Sabha election due by May. As the congress party is generally considered to be performing at its low, the party stalwart has been lately doing everything he could to revive it.
On his visit to Jorhat in Assam on Wednesday, he was welcomed with kisses on his cheek and on his head. One of the women who kissed him was intially reported to be Bonti. Police have now, however, denied the report and have even said that the woman who died was not even present during the meet, IBN live reported.
The young Congress leader was seen getting embarrassed after two women came closer to him and kissed him, while he was talking with the members.
The kissing incident seemed to have taken the Gandhi scion by surprise, as it came while he was pleasantly shaking hands with women supporters who looked joyful finding him amidst them.
He was quoted by media sources as saying that he found northeastern women to be "more talented" than others, adding that women in this country had the potential to be prime minister and chief ministers.
Gandhi has lately been the butt of all jokes, after he relentlessly spoke on woman empowerment and RTI, in a much-talked about interview with Times Now.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Australia's Renewable Energy Industry Braces for Removal of Support
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How