'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10, Episode 13 Review: 'Take It Back' Surprises, Sarah Drew Hints What's Next for Japril [Watch Promo Video feat. Jolex]
By Arlene Paredes | March 1, 2014 2:42 AM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 10, Episode 13 packs a lot of surprises - even for those who have followed the spoilers since the Avery wedding interruption mid-season finale. Sarah Drew hints what's next for April and Jackson in an interview. Watch the Episode 14 promo featuring another intense Jolex scene.
Actor Patrick Dempsey arrives at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles
Spoiler alert: This review contains major spoilers on Grey's Anatomy Season 10, Episode 13, titled "Take It Back." Read at your own risk. Watch the promo video for the next new episode, airing March 6.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 is back on ABC. The new episode that aired on Feb. 27 is so intense and compelling, that viewers are left wanting more. Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes has done it again! Next episode appears to be another roller coaster ride with Japril and the core characters.
"We had been told the trajectory was April and Jackson were going to end up together after this potential wedding situation. But we didn't know that meant marriage," Sarah Drew told Entertainment Weekly in an interview. She said she was thrilled that the Japril wedding happened soon after the Grey's Anatomy Season 10 mid-season finale.
Drew's April Kepner is now officially Mrs Jackson Avery. It is a good thing the two decided to get married immediately after running away from the ruined wedding. The Grey Sloan Memorial is now disallowing sex and romance in the hospital - except for married couples, of course. This has never happened in all the previous seasons of Grey's Anatomy.
Japril is now enjoying the honeymoon phase of their married life. They are feeling guilty for terribly hurting Stephanie (Jerrika Hinton) and Matthew (Justin Bruening). But there's not much room for drama in their home now. At least not yet. Drew says, however, there will be issues between them, eventually. The second half of Grey's Anatomy Season 10 promises a lot of changes, not just for Japril, but for other couples at Grey Sloan Memorial.
"They never had a conversation about any big things like kids," Drew told EW. She added the newlyweds have no idea just how different they are from each other. She added Japril will navigate through "some really good meaty stuff" together, still in Grey's Season 10.
In many ways, Jackson and April have done what Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey had failed to do in Grey's Anatomy Season 8. It makes sense that Avery quoted Sloan ("Say it loud and go from there") before finally realizing what he's got to do.
Meanwhile, things are not looking very good for Jolex. First Karev (Justin Chambers) calls Jo (Camilla Luddington) his fiancée. Then she tells him she is not ready to get married. In Grey's Anatomy Season 10, Episode 14, Karev calls for a break-up! (Watch the ABC promo video on YouTube below.)
For a minute in Episode 13, Grey's Anatomy Calzona fans got worried that Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) would ask for a divorce. Fans were able to breathe after she and Callie (Sara Ramirez) patched things up, and it seems the two are finally healing, in the real sense of the word.
Strong episodes like "Take It Back" explain why the series is still widely followed by fans. In fact, Season 10 is not likely to be the final season. (Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey have both signed on for two more seasons.)
Watch: Grey's Anatomy Season 10, Episode 14 ('You've Got To Hide Your Love Away')
Grey's Anatomy Season 10, Episode 13 worked because Shonda Rhimes and team have spread out the answers to important questions using quick flashbacks. First scene shows Japril running away from church, final scene shows them running to wed. Sandwiched are everything that's going on in other characters' lives. The next episode, airing March 6, is another must-watch journey.
More 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10 and TV Guide Features
'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10 Spoilers: Calzona, Jolex, Merder Conflicts; Japril Wedding Happening? [Watch Promo Video]
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9 Spoilers: 10 of Best Things to Expect in Final Six Weeks of the Show! [Video]
'Revenge' Season 3 Spoilers: 5 Reasons to Wait for New Episode in March Air Date [Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports