'Thegidi' Review Roundup: Gripping Thriller with Twists and Turns
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 1, 2014 1:27 AM EST
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer "Thegidi" has received positive reviews from critics.
Directed by debutant P Ramesh, "Thegidi" is a suspense thriller with enough twists and turns. Vetri (Ashok Selvan), after completing his criminology course, comes to Chennai and becomes a detective. He efficiently handles various subjects and impresses his employers.
Bhadram received positive reviews
After handling four successful assignments, he is asked to handle the case of Madhu Shree (Janani Iyer), whom he meets and takes a liking to. They both fall in love with each other but soon Vetri realises that some of his previous subjects die in unusual accidents. What happens next? Who is behind the deaths of Vetri's subjects? What's happens to Vetri and Madhu's love? The answers to these questions form the crux of the story.
Besides, Ashok Selvan and Janani Iyer, "Thegidi" has Jayakumar, Jayaprakash, Kaali, Kamalakannan, Madhavan, Pradeep Nair, Govardhan and Chakrapani in pivotal roles.
Here is the review roundup of "Thegidi".
According to behindwoods Review Board, "Running over just 2 hours Thegidi doesn't exactly race along, but from the pre-interval scenes Ramesh piles up the suspense well enough to have you glued to your seats and keep you guessing the 'whos' and 'whys' of the case, which turn out to be driven by an interesting new motive."
According to Indiaglitz, "Ashok's subtle performance of a rookie detective is commendable and he makes a fair job out of it. The film rides high on his shoulders, the actor is sure to receive a lot of offers post this movie but only if he improvises on his acting. His looks remain neutral even through high intense scenes and could have been etched with a sense of urgency. Janani Iyer is sweet and plays her part perfectly as Madhu the innocent gal. The film does have its bits of fun from Kaali who plays Ashok's friend and there is Jayaprakash yet again in a familiar character role."
According to Sify, "The film keeps you riveted in the first half and builds up to a dramatic twist at the end, one that, like the traditional rabbit in the hat, you weren't expecting. But by then, it's a bit too late as you have already predicted it."
"As suspense thriller, Thegidi is a well-researched, purposefully executed film that works perfectly well. This is a film good enough to merit a trip to the multiplex."
Rajasekar S of Cinemalead says, "Technically the film is sound, be it the title card edit, cinematography and the music everything is well gelled with the film. Newbie Nivas Prasanna is a welcome addition to the promising list of music directors in Tamil cinema, interestingly his BGM works are also quite laudable."
"Overall, Thegidi is a fair mind game which is sure to have to your attention."
Verdict: Gripping Suspense Thriller with Enough Twists and Turns
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage