Xbox One: New Update Fixes TV Integration Problems; Twitch Coming to New-Gen Console Soon
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Microsoft's Xbox One March update will bring in a fix to TV integration problems faced by users in Europe and other PAL territories.
The new update will bring a manual 50hz option, where owners will be able to switch modes between 50hz and 60hz manually, helping in effortless viewing.
Xbox One update for Skype has added new features.
GTA 5: DLC Rumors Reveal Jet Pack, UFO Cult, Aliens; Rockstar Announces Business Update Release Date, 10 Verified Jobs Update
CVG reports that it is still not clear if the update is a temporary problem or a permanent one. This problem affects the console owners in PAL territories, as there is a 'judder', while watching TV broadcasts, caused by Xbox One's native 60hz refresh rate.
Twitch Coming to Xbox One
Twitch will be bringing in new features to Xbox One, when the popular video streaming service will be added in March after an update. Xbox One will join its competitor PlayStation 4 with Twitch live streaming.
"It's complete integration," said Emmett Shear, co-founder and CEO of Twitch, The Times Herald reported. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."
Twitch has become the new sensation for gamers, and it reportedly features one million live broadcasters and 45 million viewers a month.
Titanfall and Wolfenstein: The New Order - Resolutions on Xbox One
Developer Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella stated that its upcoming FPS title Titanfall will not be running at 1080p on Xbox One, after rumors started to spread on several fan-sites and forums that it will run at 1080p on Xbox One.
Zampella in a quick Twitter reply simply said no to those rumors. Respawn is focusing on a smooth 60fps, which is necessary for an online FPS title. Titanfall will be rolling out for Xbox One and PC on 11 March and for Xbox 360 on 25 March.
Meanwhile, publisher Bethesda confirmed in an interview with GamingBolt that it's upcoming video game Wolfenstein: The New Order will be running at 1080p and 60 fps on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The New Order will launch on 20 May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide