Xbox One: New Update Fixes TV Integration Problems; Twitch Coming to New-Gen Console Soon
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Microsoft's Xbox One March update will bring in a fix to TV integration problems faced by users in Europe and other PAL territories.
The new update will bring a manual 50hz option, where owners will be able to switch modes between 50hz and 60hz manually, helping in effortless viewing.
Xbox One update
GTA 5: DLC Rumors Reveal Jet Pack, UFO Cult, Aliens; Rockstar Announces Business Update Release Date, 10 Verified Jobs Update
CVG reports that it is still not clear if the update is a temporary problem or a permanent one. This problem affects the console owners in PAL territories, as there is a 'judder', while watching TV broadcasts, caused by Xbox One's native 60hz refresh rate.
Twitch Coming to Xbox One
Twitch will be bringing in new features to Xbox One, when the popular video streaming service will be added in March after an update. Xbox One will join its competitor PlayStation 4 with Twitch live streaming.
"It's complete integration," said Emmett Shear, co-founder and CEO of Twitch, The Times Herald reported. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."
Twitch has become the new sensation for gamers, and it reportedly features one million live broadcasters and 45 million viewers a month.
Titanfall and Wolfenstein: The New Order - Resolutions on Xbox One
Developer Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella stated that its upcoming FPS title Titanfall will not be running at 1080p on Xbox One, after rumors started to spread on several fan-sites and forums that it will run at 1080p on Xbox One.
Zampella in a quick Twitter reply simply said no to those rumors. Respawn is focusing on a smooth 60fps, which is necessary for an online FPS title. Titanfall will be rolling out for Xbox One and PC on 11 March and for Xbox 360 on 25 March.
Meanwhile, publisher Bethesda confirmed in an interview with GamingBolt that it's upcoming video game Wolfenstein: The New Order will be running at 1080p and 60 fps on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The New Order will launch on 20 May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones