Xbox One: New Update Fixes TV Integration Problems; Twitch Coming to New-Gen Console Soon
By Aditya Bhat | March 1, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Microsoft's Xbox One March update will bring in a fix to TV integration problems faced by users in Europe and other PAL territories.
The new update will bring a manual 50hz option, where owners will be able to switch modes between 50hz and 60hz manually, helping in effortless viewing.
Xbox One update
GTA 5: DLC Rumors Reveal Jet Pack, UFO Cult, Aliens; Rockstar Announces Business Update Release Date, 10 Verified Jobs Update
CVG reports that it is still not clear if the update is a temporary problem or a permanent one. This problem affects the console owners in PAL territories, as there is a 'judder', while watching TV broadcasts, caused by Xbox One's native 60hz refresh rate.
Twitch Coming to Xbox One
Twitch will be bringing in new features to Xbox One, when the popular video streaming service will be added in March after an update. Xbox One will join its competitor PlayStation 4 with Twitch live streaming.
"It's complete integration," said Emmett Shear, co-founder and CEO of Twitch, The Times Herald reported. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."
Twitch has become the new sensation for gamers, and it reportedly features one million live broadcasters and 45 million viewers a month.
Titanfall and Wolfenstein: The New Order - Resolutions on Xbox One
Developer Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella stated that its upcoming FPS title Titanfall will not be running at 1080p on Xbox One, after rumors started to spread on several fan-sites and forums that it will run at 1080p on Xbox One.
Zampella in a quick Twitter reply simply said no to those rumors. Respawn is focusing on a smooth 60fps, which is necessary for an online FPS title. Titanfall will be rolling out for Xbox One and PC on 11 March and for Xbox 360 on 25 March.
Meanwhile, publisher Bethesda confirmed in an interview with GamingBolt that it's upcoming video game Wolfenstein: The New Order will be running at 1080p and 60 fps on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The New Order will launch on 20 May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features