Honda CR-V Diesel Likely to Hit Indian Market in 2015: Report
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 11:05 PM EST
Honda is reportedly gearing up to launch the new CR-V diesel in India, claims a new report.
Honda CR-V Coming to India
Honda, which kick-started its diesel drive in India with the launch of Amaze, followed by the City, is now said to have the CR-V diesel for India on the cards. Honda is considering a higher displacement diesel engine for its CR-V in India, and the vehicle is likely to hit Indian markets somewhere in 2015. Considering the latest diesel moves of Honda, the CR-V diesel is likely to be a reality soon, according to the AutoCar India report.
The India-bound version of the CR-V diesel is rumoured to get a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine, which can churn out a 118 break horsepower (bhp) and a massive 300 Nm torque. It is expected to get a starting price of ₹25 lakh. The report also said that Honda CR-V's new diesel engine might also be manufactured locally at the company's manufacturing plant in Tapukara.
Honda's diesel Amaze and City have been recording tremendous response in the country, and the company is to expand its diesel portfolio, with its upcoming Mobilio MPV and Jazz diesel.
The Mobilio MPV, which made its appearance at the Auto Expo, along with the new Jazz, is likely to mark its entry into the domestic market by the end of 2014. Under the hood, the petrol model of Honda Mobilio will pack a 1.5-litre i-VTEC motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp. Whereas the diesel variant will come with 98bhp and1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit.
A recent report had suggested that the new Jazz diesel will see the launch in India only by 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected