Honda CR-V Diesel Likely to Hit Indian Market in 2015: Report
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 11:05 PM EST
Honda is reportedly gearing up to launch the new CR-V diesel in India, claims a new report.
Honda CR-V Coming to India
Honda, which kick-started its diesel drive in India with the launch of Amaze, followed by the City, is now said to have the CR-V diesel for India on the cards. Honda is considering a higher displacement diesel engine for its CR-V in India, and the vehicle is likely to hit Indian markets somewhere in 2015. Considering the latest diesel moves of Honda, the CR-V diesel is likely to be a reality soon, according to the AutoCar India report.
The India-bound version of the CR-V diesel is rumoured to get a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine, which can churn out a 118 break horsepower (bhp) and a massive 300 Nm torque. It is expected to get a starting price of ₹25 lakh. The report also said that Honda CR-V's new diesel engine might also be manufactured locally at the company's manufacturing plant in Tapukara.
Honda's diesel Amaze and City have been recording tremendous response in the country, and the company is to expand its diesel portfolio, with its upcoming Mobilio MPV and Jazz diesel.
The Mobilio MPV, which made its appearance at the Auto Expo, along with the new Jazz, is likely to mark its entry into the domestic market by the end of 2014. Under the hood, the petrol model of Honda Mobilio will pack a 1.5-litre i-VTEC motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp. Whereas the diesel variant will come with 98bhp and1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit.
A recent report had suggested that the new Jazz diesel will see the launch in India only by 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date