Honda CR-V Diesel Likely to Hit Indian Market in 2015: Report
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 11:05 PM EST
Honda is reportedly gearing up to launch the new CR-V diesel in India, claims a new report.
Honda CR-V Coming to India
Honda, which kick-started its diesel drive in India with the launch of Amaze, followed by the City, is now said to have the CR-V diesel for India on the cards. Honda is considering a higher displacement diesel engine for its CR-V in India, and the vehicle is likely to hit Indian markets somewhere in 2015. Considering the latest diesel moves of Honda, the CR-V diesel is likely to be a reality soon, according to the AutoCar India report.
The India-bound version of the CR-V diesel is rumoured to get a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine, which can churn out a 118 break horsepower (bhp) and a massive 300 Nm torque. It is expected to get a starting price of ₹25 lakh. The report also said that Honda CR-V's new diesel engine might also be manufactured locally at the company's manufacturing plant in Tapukara.
Honda's diesel Amaze and City have been recording tremendous response in the country, and the company is to expand its diesel portfolio, with its upcoming Mobilio MPV and Jazz diesel.
The Mobilio MPV, which made its appearance at the Auto Expo, along with the new Jazz, is likely to mark its entry into the domestic market by the end of 2014. Under the hood, the petrol model of Honda Mobilio will pack a 1.5-litre i-VTEC motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp. Whereas the diesel variant will come with 98bhp and1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit.
A recent report had suggested that the new Jazz diesel will see the launch in India only by 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66