NFL News: Raiders DB Charles Woodson To Retire, If Desired Contract Not Achieved
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Free-agent defensive back Charles Woodson said he would seriously consider retirement, if the Oakland Raiders or another ballclub don't give him the figure he desires, the former Pro Bowl said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio.
NFL: Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys
Woods, three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowl member, believed retirement would be his first option he can't get the amount of money he wants for his final year in the NFL.
"If the right numbers don't come across, for myself and from the team's standpoint, then it is a serious consideration at this point that I could have played my last season in the NFL," Woodson said.
"So that's definitely something that I think about. I do plan on playing another year. Hopefully something can get done with the Raiders but if not then I've got to take a real hard look at this last year being the last on," added Woodson, who earned $3.44 million (including bonuses) last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage