NFL News: Raiders DB Charles Woodson To Retire, If Desired Contract Not Achieved
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Free-agent defensive back Charles Woodson said he would seriously consider retirement, if the Oakland Raiders or another ballclub don't give him the figure he desires, the former Pro Bowl said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio.
NFL: Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys
Woods, three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowl member, believed retirement would be his first option he can't get the amount of money he wants for his final year in the NFL.
"If the right numbers don't come across, for myself and from the team's standpoint, then it is a serious consideration at this point that I could have played my last season in the NFL," Woodson said.
"So that's definitely something that I think about. I do plan on playing another year. Hopefully something can get done with the Raiders but if not then I've got to take a real hard look at this last year being the last on," added Woodson, who earned $3.44 million (including bonuses) last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools