NFL News: Raiders DB Charles Woodson To Retire, If Desired Contract Not Achieved
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Free-agent defensive back Charles Woodson said he would seriously consider retirement, if the Oakland Raiders or another ballclub don't give him the figure he desires, the former Pro Bowl said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio.
NFL: Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys
Woods, three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowl member, believed retirement would be his first option he can't get the amount of money he wants for his final year in the NFL.
"If the right numbers don't come across, for myself and from the team's standpoint, then it is a serious consideration at this point that I could have played my last season in the NFL," Woodson said.
"So that's definitely something that I think about. I do plan on playing another year. Hopefully something can get done with the Raiders but if not then I've got to take a real hard look at this last year being the last on," added Woodson, who earned $3.44 million (including bonuses) last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia