NFL News: Raiders DB Charles Woodson To Retire, If Desired Contract Not Achieved
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Free-agent defensive back Charles Woodson said he would seriously consider retirement, if the Oakland Raiders or another ballclub don't give him the figure he desires, the former Pro Bowl said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio.
NFL: Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys
Woods, three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowl member, believed retirement would be his first option he can't get the amount of money he wants for his final year in the NFL.
"If the right numbers don't come across, for myself and from the team's standpoint, then it is a serious consideration at this point that I could have played my last season in the NFL," Woodson said.
"So that's definitely something that I think about. I do plan on playing another year. Hopefully something can get done with the Raiders but if not then I've got to take a real hard look at this last year being the last on," added Woodson, who earned $3.44 million (including bonuses) last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS