NFL News: Raiders DB Charles Woodson To Retire, If Desired Contract Not Achieved
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Free-agent defensive back Charles Woodson said he would seriously consider retirement, if the Oakland Raiders or another ballclub don't give him the figure he desires, the former Pro Bowl said during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio.
NFL: Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys
Woods, three-time All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowl member, believed retirement would be his first option he can't get the amount of money he wants for his final year in the NFL.
"If the right numbers don't come across, for myself and from the team's standpoint, then it is a serious consideration at this point that I could have played my last season in the NFL," Woodson said.
"So that's definitely something that I think about. I do plan on playing another year. Hopefully something can get done with the Raiders but if not then I've got to take a real hard look at this last year being the last on," added Woodson, who earned $3.44 million (including bonuses) last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown