NBA News: Danny Granger's Arrival Would Not Help The Los Angeles Clippers Win Title
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:35 PM EST
Danny Granger's would not put the Los Angeles Clippers over the top. This is what Bleacher Report NBA reporter Dan Favale claimed in the wake of Clippers' upcoming signing of former All-Star forward.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Clippers
According to the NBA analyst, Granger's presence would not make a significant impact for an already elite ball club, but he can certainly give them some depth and scoring threat at small forward position.
If Clippers fans are looking for a game-changer, Granger would never be that player, because the franchise's hope in winning a title leaned on their Big 3 (Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin).
"Welcome Granger's potential arrival for what it could be, too: Necessary depth for a struggling supporting cast, not an assured luxury promising to improve the status of an already elite basketball team," via Bleacher Report.
Granger, who reached a buyout agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers after he was traded by the Indiana Pacers before the trade deadline last week, will suit for the Clippers under the tutelage of one-time NBA champion Doc Rivers.
"Just heard from a source close to Danny Granger that he's going to the Los Angeles Clippers. Will be there tomorrow," Candace Buckner reported on Friday.
The former All-Star small forward averaged just under eight points per game this season, but he's very much capable of providing big numbers off the bench.
Five teams, all playoff contenders, expressed their interest to sign Granger, but the former Most Improved Player of the Year eventually decided to join Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the up-and-coming Clippers, a team considered by many as a dark horse for this year's championship.
"The San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks all made a run at Granger, but ultimately he chose the Clippers late Thursday night because they offered him the best opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a contender," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed