NBA News: Danny Granger's Arrival Would Not Help The Los Angeles Clippers Win Title
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:35 PM EST
Danny Granger's would not put the Los Angeles Clippers over the top. This is what Bleacher Report NBA reporter Dan Favale claimed in the wake of Clippers' upcoming signing of former All-Star forward.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Clippers
According to the NBA analyst, Granger's presence would not make a significant impact for an already elite ball club, but he can certainly give them some depth and scoring threat at small forward position.
If Clippers fans are looking for a game-changer, Granger would never be that player, because the franchise's hope in winning a title leaned on their Big 3 (Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin).
"Welcome Granger's potential arrival for what it could be, too: Necessary depth for a struggling supporting cast, not an assured luxury promising to improve the status of an already elite basketball team," via Bleacher Report.
Granger, who reached a buyout agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers after he was traded by the Indiana Pacers before the trade deadline last week, will suit for the Clippers under the tutelage of one-time NBA champion Doc Rivers.
"Just heard from a source close to Danny Granger that he's going to the Los Angeles Clippers. Will be there tomorrow," Candace Buckner reported on Friday.
The former All-Star small forward averaged just under eight points per game this season, but he's very much capable of providing big numbers off the bench.
Five teams, all playoff contenders, expressed their interest to sign Granger, but the former Most Improved Player of the Year eventually decided to join Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the up-and-coming Clippers, a team considered by many as a dark horse for this year's championship.
"The San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks all made a run at Granger, but ultimately he chose the Clippers late Thursday night because they offered him the best opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a contender," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People