NBA News: Danny Granger's Arrival Would Not Help The Los Angeles Clippers Win Title
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:35 PM EST
Danny Granger's would not put the Los Angeles Clippers over the top. This is what Bleacher Report NBA reporter Dan Favale claimed in the wake of Clippers' upcoming signing of former All-Star forward.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Clippers
According to the NBA analyst, Granger's presence would not make a significant impact for an already elite ball club, but he can certainly give them some depth and scoring threat at small forward position.
If Clippers fans are looking for a game-changer, Granger would never be that player, because the franchise's hope in winning a title leaned on their Big 3 (Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin).
"Welcome Granger's potential arrival for what it could be, too: Necessary depth for a struggling supporting cast, not an assured luxury promising to improve the status of an already elite basketball team," via Bleacher Report.
Granger, who reached a buyout agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers after he was traded by the Indiana Pacers before the trade deadline last week, will suit for the Clippers under the tutelage of one-time NBA champion Doc Rivers.
"Just heard from a source close to Danny Granger that he's going to the Los Angeles Clippers. Will be there tomorrow," Candace Buckner reported on Friday.
The former All-Star small forward averaged just under eight points per game this season, but he's very much capable of providing big numbers off the bench.
Five teams, all playoff contenders, expressed their interest to sign Granger, but the former Most Improved Player of the Year eventually decided to join Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the up-and-coming Clippers, a team considered by many as a dark horse for this year's championship.
"The San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks all made a run at Granger, but ultimately he chose the Clippers late Thursday night because they offered him the best opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a contender," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’