NBA News: Danny Granger's Arrival Would Not Help The Los Angeles Clippers Win Title
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:35 PM EST
Danny Granger's would not put the Los Angeles Clippers over the top. This is what Bleacher Report NBA reporter Dan Favale claimed in the wake of Clippers' upcoming signing of former All-Star forward.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Clippers
According to the NBA analyst, Granger's presence would not make a significant impact for an already elite ball club, but he can certainly give them some depth and scoring threat at small forward position.
If Clippers fans are looking for a game-changer, Granger would never be that player, because the franchise's hope in winning a title leaned on their Big 3 (Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin).
"Welcome Granger's potential arrival for what it could be, too: Necessary depth for a struggling supporting cast, not an assured luxury promising to improve the status of an already elite basketball team," via Bleacher Report.
Granger, who reached a buyout agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers after he was traded by the Indiana Pacers before the trade deadline last week, will suit for the Clippers under the tutelage of one-time NBA champion Doc Rivers.
"Just heard from a source close to Danny Granger that he's going to the Los Angeles Clippers. Will be there tomorrow," Candace Buckner reported on Friday.
The former All-Star small forward averaged just under eight points per game this season, but he's very much capable of providing big numbers off the bench.
Five teams, all playoff contenders, expressed their interest to sign Granger, but the former Most Improved Player of the Year eventually decided to join Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the up-and-coming Clippers, a team considered by many as a dark horse for this year's championship.
"The San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks all made a run at Granger, but ultimately he chose the Clippers late Thursday night because they offered him the best opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a contender," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes