NBA News: Danny Granger's Arrival Would Not Help The Los Angeles Clippers Win Title
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 10:35 PM EST
Danny Granger's would not put the Los Angeles Clippers over the top. This is what Bleacher Report NBA reporter Dan Favale claimed in the wake of Clippers' upcoming signing of former All-Star forward.
NBA: Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Clippers
According to the NBA analyst, Granger's presence would not make a significant impact for an already elite ball club, but he can certainly give them some depth and scoring threat at small forward position.
If Clippers fans are looking for a game-changer, Granger would never be that player, because the franchise's hope in winning a title leaned on their Big 3 (Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin).
"Welcome Granger's potential arrival for what it could be, too: Necessary depth for a struggling supporting cast, not an assured luxury promising to improve the status of an already elite basketball team," via Bleacher Report.
Granger, who reached a buyout agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers after he was traded by the Indiana Pacers before the trade deadline last week, will suit for the Clippers under the tutelage of one-time NBA champion Doc Rivers.
"Just heard from a source close to Danny Granger that he's going to the Los Angeles Clippers. Will be there tomorrow," Candace Buckner reported on Friday.
The former All-Star small forward averaged just under eight points per game this season, but he's very much capable of providing big numbers off the bench.
Five teams, all playoff contenders, expressed their interest to sign Granger, but the former Most Improved Player of the Year eventually decided to join Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the up-and-coming Clippers, a team considered by many as a dark horse for this year's championship.
"The San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks all made a run at Granger, but ultimately he chose the Clippers late Thursday night because they offered him the best opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a contender," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report