Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Relationship on the Verge of Breaking Up?
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 28, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Grigor Dimitrov's recent outing with rising tennis athlete Canadian Eugenie Bouchard on Feb. 24 sparked rumours that the Bulgarian athlete may be having problems with his relationship with Maria Sharapova.
Eugenie Bouchard celebrates her win over Ana Ivanovic in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, 20 January. Reuters
Rising tennis athletes Dimitrov and Bouchard played an exhibition game on a floating tennis court on Monday in Acapulco. The duo took a break from training for the Abierto Mexicano Telcel tournament to delight their fans. Several pictures of Dimitrov and Bouchard, who were all smiles, have surfaced online. The duo also even got on a helicopter ride. As such, Dimitrov and Bouchard can't escape the prying eyes of people, can they?
Dimitrov was quoted saying that her little 'date' with Bouchard was one of the best experience he ever had on tour. "It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future," Dimitrov told ATPWorldTour.com.
As Dimitrov was enjoying his fun time with Bouchard, Sharapova seemed on the lookout for other companion. The former top-ranked player revealed to Tennis Earth that her Stuart Weitzman boots are her constant companion.
"My black Stuart Weitzman boots will be my constant companions," said Sharapova.
TennisWorldUSA wrote that Sharapova's recent claim about having those footwears as her companions acted as a "catalyst for the rumours of her split with Dimitrov."
Bouchard is the New Sharapova
Bouchard's agent, Sam Duvall, once said that the 19-year-old Canadian athlete can certainly challenge Sharapova in terms of marketability. Duvall said that Bouchard can be the most famous tennis player in the world. "She's got the personality, she's got the game, she's got the looks," he said. "I really think that she has the ability to be more marketable than Maria Sharapova." According to Duvall, Bouchard looks up to Maria. The Russian athlete was reportedly Bouchard's role model while growing up.
Sharapova better hold Dimitrov's hand tight then. She has to make sure that even though she is out of Dimitrov's sight, she is never out of his mind. Bouchard probably means no harm, anyway.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica