Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Relationship on the Verge of Breaking Up?
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 28, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Grigor Dimitrov's recent outing with rising tennis athlete Canadian Eugenie Bouchard on Feb. 24 sparked rumours that the Bulgarian athlete may be having problems with his relationship with Maria Sharapova.
Eugenie Bouchard celebrates her win over Ana Ivanovic in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, 20 January. Reuters
Rising tennis athletes Dimitrov and Bouchard played an exhibition game on a floating tennis court on Monday in Acapulco. The duo took a break from training for the Abierto Mexicano Telcel tournament to delight their fans. Several pictures of Dimitrov and Bouchard, who were all smiles, have surfaced online. The duo also even got on a helicopter ride. As such, Dimitrov and Bouchard can't escape the prying eyes of people, can they?
Dimitrov was quoted saying that her little 'date' with Bouchard was one of the best experience he ever had on tour. "It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future," Dimitrov told ATPWorldTour.com.
As Dimitrov was enjoying his fun time with Bouchard, Sharapova seemed on the lookout for other companion. The former top-ranked player revealed to Tennis Earth that her Stuart Weitzman boots are her constant companion.
"My black Stuart Weitzman boots will be my constant companions," said Sharapova.
TennisWorldUSA wrote that Sharapova's recent claim about having those footwears as her companions acted as a "catalyst for the rumours of her split with Dimitrov."
Bouchard is the New Sharapova
Bouchard's agent, Sam Duvall, once said that the 19-year-old Canadian athlete can certainly challenge Sharapova in terms of marketability. Duvall said that Bouchard can be the most famous tennis player in the world. "She's got the personality, she's got the game, she's got the looks," he said. "I really think that she has the ability to be more marketable than Maria Sharapova." According to Duvall, Bouchard looks up to Maria. The Russian athlete was reportedly Bouchard's role model while growing up.
Sharapova better hold Dimitrov's hand tight then. She has to make sure that even though she is out of Dimitrov's sight, she is never out of his mind. Bouchard probably means no harm, anyway.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef