Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Relationship on the Verge of Breaking Up?
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 28, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Grigor Dimitrov's recent outing with rising tennis athlete Canadian Eugenie Bouchard on Feb. 24 sparked rumours that the Bulgarian athlete may be having problems with his relationship with Maria Sharapova.
Eugenie Bouchard celebrates her win over Ana Ivanovic in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, 20 January. Reuters
Rising tennis athletes Dimitrov and Bouchard played an exhibition game on a floating tennis court on Monday in Acapulco. The duo took a break from training for the Abierto Mexicano Telcel tournament to delight their fans. Several pictures of Dimitrov and Bouchard, who were all smiles, have surfaced online. The duo also even got on a helicopter ride. As such, Dimitrov and Bouchard can't escape the prying eyes of people, can they?
Dimitrov was quoted saying that her little 'date' with Bouchard was one of the best experience he ever had on tour. "It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future," Dimitrov told ATPWorldTour.com.
As Dimitrov was enjoying his fun time with Bouchard, Sharapova seemed on the lookout for other companion. The former top-ranked player revealed to Tennis Earth that her Stuart Weitzman boots are her constant companion.
"My black Stuart Weitzman boots will be my constant companions," said Sharapova.
TennisWorldUSA wrote that Sharapova's recent claim about having those footwears as her companions acted as a "catalyst for the rumours of her split with Dimitrov."
Bouchard is the New Sharapova
Bouchard's agent, Sam Duvall, once said that the 19-year-old Canadian athlete can certainly challenge Sharapova in terms of marketability. Duvall said that Bouchard can be the most famous tennis player in the world. "She's got the personality, she's got the game, she's got the looks," he said. "I really think that she has the ability to be more marketable than Maria Sharapova." According to Duvall, Bouchard looks up to Maria. The Russian athlete was reportedly Bouchard's role model while growing up.
Sharapova better hold Dimitrov's hand tight then. She has to make sure that even though she is out of Dimitrov's sight, she is never out of his mind. Bouchard probably means no harm, anyway.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage