Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Relationship on the Verge of Breaking Up?
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 28, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Grigor Dimitrov's recent outing with rising tennis athlete Canadian Eugenie Bouchard on Feb. 24 sparked rumours that the Bulgarian athlete may be having problems with his relationship with Maria Sharapova.
Eugenie Bouchard celebrates her win over Ana Ivanovic in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, 20 January. Reuters
Rising tennis athletes Dimitrov and Bouchard played an exhibition game on a floating tennis court on Monday in Acapulco. The duo took a break from training for the Abierto Mexicano Telcel tournament to delight their fans. Several pictures of Dimitrov and Bouchard, who were all smiles, have surfaced online. The duo also even got on a helicopter ride. As such, Dimitrov and Bouchard can't escape the prying eyes of people, can they?
Dimitrov was quoted saying that her little 'date' with Bouchard was one of the best experience he ever had on tour. "It is pretty special and we definitely have something to talk about in the future," Dimitrov told ATPWorldTour.com.
As Dimitrov was enjoying his fun time with Bouchard, Sharapova seemed on the lookout for other companion. The former top-ranked player revealed to Tennis Earth that her Stuart Weitzman boots are her constant companion.
"My black Stuart Weitzman boots will be my constant companions," said Sharapova.
TennisWorldUSA wrote that Sharapova's recent claim about having those footwears as her companions acted as a "catalyst for the rumours of her split with Dimitrov."
Bouchard is the New Sharapova
Bouchard's agent, Sam Duvall, once said that the 19-year-old Canadian athlete can certainly challenge Sharapova in terms of marketability. Duvall said that Bouchard can be the most famous tennis player in the world. "She's got the personality, she's got the game, she's got the looks," he said. "I really think that she has the ability to be more marketable than Maria Sharapova." According to Duvall, Bouchard looks up to Maria. The Russian athlete was reportedly Bouchard's role model while growing up.
Sharapova better hold Dimitrov's hand tight then. She has to make sure that even though she is out of Dimitrov's sight, she is never out of his mind. Bouchard probably means no harm, anyway.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy