NBA News: Caron Butler Reaches Buyout; Miami Heat, OKC Thunder Frontrunner
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Veteran small forward Caron Butler has reportedly reached a buyout agreement with the Milwaukee Bucks, and is set to join a contender soon, an NBA insider disclosed on Thursday.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat
Butler, who won his lone NBA championship ring with the Dallas Mavericks, is on his way to joining another title-chasing team midway into the season after he decided to buy out from his contract with the rebuilding Bucks.
Butler averaged 11 points and 4.6 rebounds for his home state team, but the lure of winning another championship is too great for the 33-year old veteran to forego.
According to source, the Miami Heat and the Oklahoma City Thunder emerged as the frontrunner for Butler, while the San Antonio Spurs are another potential destination for the former All-Star.
"Caron Butler has reached a contract buyout agreement with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells Yahoo Sports," Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Thursday.
Butler hinted his potential move to get out of Milwaukee in January, as he looks for a chance to win a championship with a title contender this season.
I know I'll be in a good situation because it can't get worse. If something was to happen, I know I will be going somewhere pretty good and I'm definitely ready to compete at a high level. I'm definitely well-rested. I'm healthy and I feel good," Butler said via Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions