NBA News: Caron Butler Reaches Buyout; Miami Heat, OKC Thunder Frontrunner
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Veteran small forward Caron Butler has reportedly reached a buyout agreement with the Milwaukee Bucks, and is set to join a contender soon, an NBA insider disclosed on Thursday.
NBA: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat
Butler, who won his lone NBA championship ring with the Dallas Mavericks, is on his way to joining another title-chasing team midway into the season after he decided to buy out from his contract with the rebuilding Bucks.
Butler averaged 11 points and 4.6 rebounds for his home state team, but the lure of winning another championship is too great for the 33-year old veteran to forego.
According to source, the Miami Heat and the Oklahoma City Thunder emerged as the frontrunner for Butler, while the San Antonio Spurs are another potential destination for the former All-Star.
"Caron Butler has reached a contract buyout agreement with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells Yahoo Sports," Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Thursday.
Butler hinted his potential move to get out of Milwaukee in January, as he looks for a chance to win a championship with a title contender this season.
I know I'll be in a good situation because it can't get worse. If something was to happen, I know I will be going somewhere pretty good and I'm definitely ready to compete at a high level. I'm definitely well-rested. I'm healthy and I feel good," Butler said via Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon