NBA News: Bobcats To Buy Out Ben Gordon; Houston Rockets, Chicago Bulls Interested
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Charlotte Bobcats and veteran shooting guard Ben Gordon are reportedly discussing a buyout, multiples sources reported on Thursday.
Gordon, who arrived in Charlotte after he was traded by the Detroit Pistons last season, is averaging 5.2 points in 14 minutes per game for the Bobcats - a surprising playoff contender in the Eastern conference.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Chicago Bulls
"The Charlotte Bobcats are progressing in discussions on a contract buyout with guard Ben Gordon, league sources told Yahoo Sports," Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported.
The Bobcats tried to use Gordon as trade bait in last week's trade deadline, but no team is willing to make a gamble on his $13.2 million salary.
"Charlotte had discussed including Gordon in several trades before the deadline, but none came together. The Bobcats made a deal with Milwaukee to strengthen their backcourt with Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour," Yahoo sports reported.
The Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets and the Chicago Bulls have emerged as potential landing spot for the former Sixth Man of the Year.
"The Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets are pitching two-year deals with a team option for 14-15. Gordon would prefer a deal that does not impact his free agency," according to Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu