NBA News: Bobcats To Buy Out Ben Gordon; Houston Rockets, Chicago Bulls Interested
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 9:00 PM EST
Charlotte Bobcats and veteran shooting guard Ben Gordon are reportedly discussing a buyout, multiples sources reported on Thursday.
Gordon, who arrived in Charlotte after he was traded by the Detroit Pistons last season, is averaging 5.2 points in 14 minutes per game for the Bobcats - a surprising playoff contender in the Eastern conference.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Chicago Bulls
"The Charlotte Bobcats are progressing in discussions on a contract buyout with guard Ben Gordon, league sources told Yahoo Sports," Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported.
The Bobcats tried to use Gordon as trade bait in last week's trade deadline, but no team is willing to make a gamble on his $13.2 million salary.
"Charlotte had discussed including Gordon in several trades before the deadline, but none came together. The Bobcats made a deal with Milwaukee to strengthen their backcourt with Gary Neal and Luke Ridnour," Yahoo sports reported.
The Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets and the Chicago Bulls have emerged as potential landing spot for the former Sixth Man of the Year.
"The Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets are pitching two-year deals with a team option for 14-15. Gordon would prefer a deal that does not impact his free agency," according to Real GM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools