NBA Rumors: Chicago Bulls Close To Signing Jimmer Fredette
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly close to signing former BYU Cougars shooter Jimmer Fredette, who recently bought out from his contract with the Sacramento Kings, a league insider reported on Thursday.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
Fredette is averaging 5.9 points and 1.5 assists in 11 minutes of action per game for the Kings, who will likely hit the lottery once again.
The former College Basketball Player of the Year is not anymore in the Kings' future plan after franchise selected him 10th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls appears to be the frontrunner for Fredette, who could give the team another weapon beyond the three-point line.
"The Chicago Bulls are closing in on signing former Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, according to sources close to the process." ESPN reported.
"Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that -- while stressing a deal is not yet complete -- serious mutual interest between the sides has made Fredette's landing with Chicago look increasingly likely," the site added.
The Memphis Grizzlies were previously tapped as the leading candidate to take Fredette, but their move to claim Beno Udrih off the waivers suggested that they already changed their plan. The Cleveland Cavaliers have also expressed interest, but the Bulls piqued Fredette's interest the most.
"ESPN.com reported earlier Thursday that the Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers were expressing the strongest interest in Fredette after the Memphis Grizzlies bowed out of the chase in order to claim former New York Knicks guard Beno Udrih off waivers Wednesday. NBA.com subsequently reported that Fredette was "strongly leaning" toward signing with the Bulls," ESPN added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage