NBA Rumors: Chicago Bulls Close To Signing Jimmer Fredette
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly close to signing former BYU Cougars shooter Jimmer Fredette, who recently bought out from his contract with the Sacramento Kings, a league insider reported on Thursday.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
Fredette is averaging 5.9 points and 1.5 assists in 11 minutes of action per game for the Kings, who will likely hit the lottery once again.
The former College Basketball Player of the Year is not anymore in the Kings' future plan after franchise selected him 10th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls appears to be the frontrunner for Fredette, who could give the team another weapon beyond the three-point line.
"The Chicago Bulls are closing in on signing former Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, according to sources close to the process." ESPN reported.
"Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that -- while stressing a deal is not yet complete -- serious mutual interest between the sides has made Fredette's landing with Chicago look increasingly likely," the site added.
The Memphis Grizzlies were previously tapped as the leading candidate to take Fredette, but their move to claim Beno Udrih off the waivers suggested that they already changed their plan. The Cleveland Cavaliers have also expressed interest, but the Bulls piqued Fredette's interest the most.
"ESPN.com reported earlier Thursday that the Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers were expressing the strongest interest in Fredette after the Memphis Grizzlies bowed out of the chase in order to claim former New York Knicks guard Beno Udrih off waivers Wednesday. NBA.com subsequently reported that Fredette was "strongly leaning" toward signing with the Bulls," ESPN added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks