NBA Rumors: Chicago Bulls Close To Signing Jimmer Fredette
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly close to signing former BYU Cougars shooter Jimmer Fredette, who recently bought out from his contract with the Sacramento Kings, a league insider reported on Thursday.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
Fredette is averaging 5.9 points and 1.5 assists in 11 minutes of action per game for the Kings, who will likely hit the lottery once again.
The former College Basketball Player of the Year is not anymore in the Kings' future plan after franchise selected him 10th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls appears to be the frontrunner for Fredette, who could give the team another weapon beyond the three-point line.
"The Chicago Bulls are closing in on signing former Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, according to sources close to the process." ESPN reported.
"Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that -- while stressing a deal is not yet complete -- serious mutual interest between the sides has made Fredette's landing with Chicago look increasingly likely," the site added.
The Memphis Grizzlies were previously tapped as the leading candidate to take Fredette, but their move to claim Beno Udrih off the waivers suggested that they already changed their plan. The Cleveland Cavaliers have also expressed interest, but the Bulls piqued Fredette's interest the most.
"ESPN.com reported earlier Thursday that the Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers were expressing the strongest interest in Fredette after the Memphis Grizzlies bowed out of the chase in order to claim former New York Knicks guard Beno Udrih off waivers Wednesday. NBA.com subsequently reported that Fredette was "strongly leaning" toward signing with the Bulls," ESPN added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?