NBA Rumors: Chicago Bulls Close To Signing Jimmer Fredette
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly close to signing former BYU Cougars shooter Jimmer Fredette, who recently bought out from his contract with the Sacramento Kings, a league insider reported on Thursday.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
Fredette is averaging 5.9 points and 1.5 assists in 11 minutes of action per game for the Kings, who will likely hit the lottery once again.
The former College Basketball Player of the Year is not anymore in the Kings' future plan after franchise selected him 10th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls appears to be the frontrunner for Fredette, who could give the team another weapon beyond the three-point line.
"The Chicago Bulls are closing in on signing former Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, according to sources close to the process." ESPN reported.
"Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that -- while stressing a deal is not yet complete -- serious mutual interest between the sides has made Fredette's landing with Chicago look increasingly likely," the site added.
The Memphis Grizzlies were previously tapped as the leading candidate to take Fredette, but their move to claim Beno Udrih off the waivers suggested that they already changed their plan. The Cleveland Cavaliers have also expressed interest, but the Bulls piqued Fredette's interest the most.
"ESPN.com reported earlier Thursday that the Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers were expressing the strongest interest in Fredette after the Memphis Grizzlies bowed out of the chase in order to claim former New York Knicks guard Beno Udrih off waivers Wednesday. NBA.com subsequently reported that Fredette was "strongly leaning" toward signing with the Bulls," ESPN added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight