NBA Rumors: Chicago Bulls Close To Signing Jimmer Fredette
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly close to signing former BYU Cougars shooter Jimmer Fredette, who recently bought out from his contract with the Sacramento Kings, a league insider reported on Thursday.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
Fredette is averaging 5.9 points and 1.5 assists in 11 minutes of action per game for the Kings, who will likely hit the lottery once again.
The former College Basketball Player of the Year is not anymore in the Kings' future plan after franchise selected him 10th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls appears to be the frontrunner for Fredette, who could give the team another weapon beyond the three-point line.
"The Chicago Bulls are closing in on signing former Sacramento Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, according to sources close to the process." ESPN reported.
"Sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that -- while stressing a deal is not yet complete -- serious mutual interest between the sides has made Fredette's landing with Chicago look increasingly likely," the site added.
The Memphis Grizzlies were previously tapped as the leading candidate to take Fredette, but their move to claim Beno Udrih off the waivers suggested that they already changed their plan. The Cleveland Cavaliers have also expressed interest, but the Bulls piqued Fredette's interest the most.
"ESPN.com reported earlier Thursday that the Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers were expressing the strongest interest in Fredette after the Memphis Grizzlies bowed out of the chase in order to claim former New York Knicks guard Beno Udrih off waivers Wednesday. NBA.com subsequently reported that Fredette was "strongly leaning" toward signing with the Bulls," ESPN added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related