NBA Rumors: NY Knicks Carmelo Anthony Will Consider Before Making Decision This Summer
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 8:59 PM EST
New York Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony said he will assess a lot of things when he becomes an unrestricted free-agent this coming summer, the reigning scoring champion said in an interview with Frank Isola of NY News Daily.
Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks
"A lot of things are going to be thought about when that time comes," said Anthony. "Off the court, on the court, just a lot of things going to have to be put all on the table."
Anthony is current averaging 28.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game for the Knickerbockers, who struggled throughout the 2013-14 season.
With the Knicks likely missing the chance to play in the postseason for the first time in four years, there are speculations Melo could leave the Big Apple and accept a lesser paycheck with a title contender this summer.
"Anthony could potentially sign for less money while joining a team that has a better chance to compete for a title."
Still, Anthony stated that the Knicks will remain his first choice, but the team has to put up a solid plan to make them a championship contender soon.
"The Knicks are hoping to re-sign Anthony with the idea that they will be able to improve the roster with cap space in 2015. Anthony will be 32 and in his 15 season to begin the 15-16 season," Real GM added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch