Farewell: ‘Bob & Tom Show’ Comedian and Musician Tim Wilson Dies at 52
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 28, 2014 8:27 PM EST
Tim Wilson, who is known for incorporating country music into his comic act, died after a heart attack on Wednesday. Tim died in Columbus, Georgia where he had travelled after delivering a show in Bay City, Michigan. He was supposed to headline a gig at The Comedy Club Stardome in Birmingham, Alabama on Friday and Saturday.
"It's pretty much a shock," said Mike Bacigalupo, chief operating officer of the State to Mlive.com.
"It's a big, big loss for the comedy world. He was one of the top Bob & Tom comedians and one of the biggest ones we've brought to the State. He was one of the most sought after comedians with the Bob & Tom Show as well," added Mike.
Tim's show - "The Bob & Tom Show" airs weekday mornings on WHEELZ 104.5FM. It was the station that brought Tim to Bay City.
The station's program director Stan Parman stated that Tim was one of the most popular comedians on "Bob & Tom."
"He was a good ol' southern boy; that's the best way to describe him. He was extremely friendly. We talked a lot about family, college football, life on the road and pretty much everything in between," said Stan.
Mike recalled Tim as a genuine person to sit and talk to. He mentioned that Tim had a story about everything.
Mike said Tim spent the Saturday night in the city and left Sunday morning.
"They were going to take a trip to Alabama because they were going to research more stuff for a new book for him. He was all excited to be going out to meet people at Old City Hall after the show. Then he was going to get a good night's sleep and take off to meet his brother in Georgia," said Mike.
Tim Wilson is best known for "The NASCAR Song."
He is survived by his wife and two children.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier