'Mad Men' Season 7 Spoilers: What is the Theme of Final Season?
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 28, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The final season of "Mad Men" is reportedly going to deal with questions of consequences and whether something that has been done is irreversible. Matthew Weiner, creator of "Mad Men," had said to TV Guide that the final season is related to the era of 1960s and it will show the "next chapter" of Don Draper's life.
"I always liked the fact that the show ["Mad Men"] has, on some level, uniqueness that the consequences of people's actions are taken seriously. We never pretend like stuff doesn't happen, and that's really where we're starting," Weiner had said.
According to Enstars' report, the theme of the season will revolve around "are there consequences" and whether they are "irreversible." In a recent interview to TV Guide, as quoted by Enstars, Weiner said that it will tackle the things that one can do and one cannot undo.
"There's a line in the opening episode: 'Have I broken the vessel?' And that's the question. Have you poured liquid out and have to refill it, or have you just destroyed it? I don't live in a world of regret, but I might imagine that Don Draper does," Weiner said. "Or maybe it would be nice if he did."
"Mad Men" returns for its final season on April 13, 2014. The final season will be spilt across two years, similar to the way AMC aired the final season of its cult drama series, "Breaking Bad." The second part is due to air sometime in 2015.
In the Season 6 finale, Don Draper was forced to go on a vacation, without any return date. Peggy was shown sitting in his chair in his office. It is implausible that Don Draper will be kept out of his ad agency for too long. It will be interesting to watch his rise again after the fall in the last season. One can expect to see Don Draper go commando, again.
Christina Hendricks had indicated that "Mad Men" will be about Mad Men.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide