Sony Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact Getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat by April; LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Scheduled by March 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2014 7:39 PM EST
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is available for the AT&T and South Korean variants of LG G2 but according to the French network carrier SFR, G2 in other territories such as in France and Europe may experience the software update by March 2014.
Based on the details from SFR's online post, LG G2 subscribers are likely to get Android 4.4.2 KitKat live update starting on March 3rd, almost a week from now. Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 features the following changes:
- Improved user interface and related enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars.
- New full-screen mode, closed captioning support and better security.
- Battery improvements via efficient music playback, location saving mode and extended battery life functions.
- Better processing speed by up to 17 per cent on apps and Web-browsing using Chromium engine.
- Cloud Printing via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Knock On feature enhanced by making responsiveness more accurate.
Sony Xperia Z Series
Polish network PLAY revealed that the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is coming around March to Sony Xperia Z smartphone. But SFR seems to have a better projection of when will the update be possible for releasing.
According to SFR, three selected Xperia Z smartphones are going to get firsthand on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on April and not March. The selected devices exclusively getting it are Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which are all the latest flagship members of the Xperia Z line.
XperiaBlog somehow agrees with the April estimate due to the recent release of Sony Xperia Z2 Sirius recently at the Mobile World Congress. In addition, Sony Mobile just updated several Xperia handsets notable SP, T and V to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and will push another build version due to some major bugs reported by consumers regarding the first one.
Sony Mobile however didn't officially confirmed any update schedule with PLAY or SFR on Xperia Z series and may still be waiting for PTCRB new certifications of Android 4.4.2 KitKat builds before saying anything.
Early reports noted that Sony Mobile included all Xperia Z series devices on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact and Z1. Android 4.3 recipients like SP, T and V are still "under investigation" on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports