Sony Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact Getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat by April; LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Scheduled by March 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2014 7:39 PM EST
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is available for the AT&T and South Korean variants of LG G2 but according to the French network carrier SFR, G2 in other territories such as in France and Europe may experience the software update by March 2014.
Based on the details from SFR's online post, LG G2 subscribers are likely to get Android 4.4.2 KitKat live update starting on March 3rd, almost a week from now. Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 features the following changes:
- Improved user interface and related enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars.
- New full-screen mode, closed captioning support and better security.
- Battery improvements via efficient music playback, location saving mode and extended battery life functions.
- Better processing speed by up to 17 per cent on apps and Web-browsing using Chromium engine.
- Cloud Printing via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Knock On feature enhanced by making responsiveness more accurate.
Sony Xperia Z Series
Polish network PLAY revealed that the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is coming around March to Sony Xperia Z smartphone. But SFR seems to have a better projection of when will the update be possible for releasing.
According to SFR, three selected Xperia Z smartphones are going to get firsthand on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on April and not March. The selected devices exclusively getting it are Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which are all the latest flagship members of the Xperia Z line.
XperiaBlog somehow agrees with the April estimate due to the recent release of Sony Xperia Z2 Sirius recently at the Mobile World Congress. In addition, Sony Mobile just updated several Xperia handsets notable SP, T and V to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and will push another build version due to some major bugs reported by consumers regarding the first one.
Sony Mobile however didn't officially confirmed any update schedule with PLAY or SFR on Xperia Z series and may still be waiting for PTCRB new certifications of Android 4.4.2 KitKat builds before saying anything.
Early reports noted that Sony Mobile included all Xperia Z series devices on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact and Z1. Android 4.3 recipients like SP, T and V are still "under investigation" on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef