Sony Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact Getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat by April; LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Scheduled by March 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2014 7:39 PM EST
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is available for the AT&T and South Korean variants of LG G2 but according to the French network carrier SFR, G2 in other territories such as in France and Europe may experience the software update by March 2014.
Based on the details from SFR's online post, LG G2 subscribers are likely to get Android 4.4.2 KitKat live update starting on March 3rd, almost a week from now. Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 features the following changes:
- Improved user interface and related enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars.
- New full-screen mode, closed captioning support and better security.
- Battery improvements via efficient music playback, location saving mode and extended battery life functions.
- Better processing speed by up to 17 per cent on apps and Web-browsing using Chromium engine.
- Cloud Printing via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Knock On feature enhanced by making responsiveness more accurate.
Sony Xperia Z Series
Polish network PLAY revealed that the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is coming around March to Sony Xperia Z smartphone. But SFR seems to have a better projection of when will the update be possible for releasing.
According to SFR, three selected Xperia Z smartphones are going to get firsthand on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on April and not March. The selected devices exclusively getting it are Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which are all the latest flagship members of the Xperia Z line.
XperiaBlog somehow agrees with the April estimate due to the recent release of Sony Xperia Z2 Sirius recently at the Mobile World Congress. In addition, Sony Mobile just updated several Xperia handsets notable SP, T and V to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and will push another build version due to some major bugs reported by consumers regarding the first one.
Sony Mobile however didn't officially confirmed any update schedule with PLAY or SFR on Xperia Z series and may still be waiting for PTCRB new certifications of Android 4.4.2 KitKat builds before saying anything.
Early reports noted that Sony Mobile included all Xperia Z series devices on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact and Z1. Android 4.3 recipients like SP, T and V are still "under investigation" on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier