Sony Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact Getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat by April; LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Scheduled by March 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2014 7:39 PM EST
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is available for the AT&T and South Korean variants of LG G2 but according to the French network carrier SFR, G2 in other territories such as in France and Europe may experience the software update by March 2014.
Based on the details from SFR's online post, LG G2 subscribers are likely to get Android 4.4.2 KitKat live update starting on March 3rd, almost a week from now. Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 features the following changes:
- Improved user interface and related enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars.
- New full-screen mode, closed captioning support and better security.
- Battery improvements via efficient music playback, location saving mode and extended battery life functions.
- Better processing speed by up to 17 per cent on apps and Web-browsing using Chromium engine.
- Cloud Printing via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Knock On feature enhanced by making responsiveness more accurate.
Sony Xperia Z Series
Polish network PLAY revealed that the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is coming around March to Sony Xperia Z smartphone. But SFR seems to have a better projection of when will the update be possible for releasing.
According to SFR, three selected Xperia Z smartphones are going to get firsthand on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on April and not March. The selected devices exclusively getting it are Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which are all the latest flagship members of the Xperia Z line.
XperiaBlog somehow agrees with the April estimate due to the recent release of Sony Xperia Z2 Sirius recently at the Mobile World Congress. In addition, Sony Mobile just updated several Xperia handsets notable SP, T and V to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and will push another build version due to some major bugs reported by consumers regarding the first one.
Sony Mobile however didn't officially confirmed any update schedule with PLAY or SFR on Xperia Z series and may still be waiting for PTCRB new certifications of Android 4.4.2 KitKat builds before saying anything.
Early reports noted that Sony Mobile included all Xperia Z series devices on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact and Z1. Android 4.3 recipients like SP, T and V are still "under investigation" on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid