Sony Xperia Z1, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact Getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat by April; LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Scheduled by March 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2014 7:39 PM EST
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is available for the AT&T and South Korean variants of LG G2 but according to the French network carrier SFR, G2 in other territories such as in France and Europe may experience the software update by March 2014.
Based on the details from SFR's online post, LG G2 subscribers are likely to get Android 4.4.2 KitKat live update starting on March 3rd, almost a week from now. Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 features the following changes:
- Improved user interface and related enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars.
- New full-screen mode, closed captioning support and better security.
- Battery improvements via efficient music playback, location saving mode and extended battery life functions.
- Better processing speed by up to 17 per cent on apps and Web-browsing using Chromium engine.
- Cloud Printing via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Knock On feature enhanced by making responsiveness more accurate.
Sony Xperia Z Series
Polish network PLAY revealed that the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is coming around March to Sony Xperia Z smartphone. But SFR seems to have a better projection of when will the update be possible for releasing.
According to SFR, three selected Xperia Z smartphones are going to get firsthand on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on April and not March. The selected devices exclusively getting it are Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which are all the latest flagship members of the Xperia Z line.
XperiaBlog somehow agrees with the April estimate due to the recent release of Sony Xperia Z2 Sirius recently at the Mobile World Congress. In addition, Sony Mobile just updated several Xperia handsets notable SP, T and V to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and will push another build version due to some major bugs reported by consumers regarding the first one.
Sony Mobile however didn't officially confirmed any update schedule with PLAY or SFR on Xperia Z series and may still be waiting for PTCRB new certifications of Android 4.4.2 KitKat builds before saying anything.
Early reports noted that Sony Mobile included all Xperia Z series devices on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z, Z Ultra, Z1 Compact and Z1. Android 4.3 recipients like SP, T and V are still "under investigation" on getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet