Ford EcoSport Now Cheaper by ₹26,000 in India; Revised Price Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Ford's best-selling SUV EcoSport's price has been slashed in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Ford Motors, Alan Roger Mulally, poses next to the newly-launched EcoSport.
"Ford India has passed on the benefits of recent excise duty reduction to customers and has revised the prices of its products with immediate effect," the company said in a statement.
The EcoSport, a striking offering from the American major Ford, has been riding high in India since its launch. The vehicle will be now available in the domestic market with a price cut of ₹26,000. Other models of the company - Figo, Classic and Endeavour - will also be cheaper by ₹23,000, ₹24,056 and ₹1,07,000 respectively.
Speaking on the same, Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Service) Vinay Piparsania told PTI: "Reduction of excise duty is a welcome step for the automotive industry and is timely with de-growth the industry is currently witnessing. We hope it will have a positive impact on consumer sentiment and stimulate pent up demand."
Launched in India back in June, the EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente -₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium-₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T -₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T -₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente- ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T -₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) -₹ 9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS