Ford EcoSport Now Cheaper by ₹26,000 in India; Revised Price Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Ford's best-selling SUV EcoSport's price has been slashed in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Ford Motors, Alan Roger Mulally, poses next to the newly-launched EcoSport.
"Ford India has passed on the benefits of recent excise duty reduction to customers and has revised the prices of its products with immediate effect," the company said in a statement.
The EcoSport, a striking offering from the American major Ford, has been riding high in India since its launch. The vehicle will be now available in the domestic market with a price cut of ₹26,000. Other models of the company - Figo, Classic and Endeavour - will also be cheaper by ₹23,000, ₹24,056 and ₹1,07,000 respectively.
Speaking on the same, Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Service) Vinay Piparsania told PTI: "Reduction of excise duty is a welcome step for the automotive industry and is timely with de-growth the industry is currently witnessing. We hope it will have a positive impact on consumer sentiment and stimulate pent up demand."
Launched in India back in June, the EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente -₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium-₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T -₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T -₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente- ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T -₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) -₹ 9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers