Ford EcoSport Now Cheaper by ₹26,000 in India; Revised Price Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Ford's best-selling SUV EcoSport's price has been slashed in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Ford Motors, Alan Roger Mulally, poses next to the newly-launched EcoSport.
"Ford India has passed on the benefits of recent excise duty reduction to customers and has revised the prices of its products with immediate effect," the company said in a statement.
The EcoSport, a striking offering from the American major Ford, has been riding high in India since its launch. The vehicle will be now available in the domestic market with a price cut of ₹26,000. Other models of the company - Figo, Classic and Endeavour - will also be cheaper by ₹23,000, ₹24,056 and ₹1,07,000 respectively.
Speaking on the same, Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Service) Vinay Piparsania told PTI: "Reduction of excise duty is a welcome step for the automotive industry and is timely with de-growth the industry is currently witnessing. We hope it will have a positive impact on consumer sentiment and stimulate pent up demand."
Launched in India back in June, the EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente -₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium-₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T -₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T -₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente- ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T -₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) -₹ 9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6