Ford EcoSport Now Cheaper by ₹26,000 in India; Revised Price Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Ford's best-selling SUV EcoSport's price has been slashed in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Ford Motors, Alan Roger Mulally, poses next to the newly-launched EcoSport.
"Ford India has passed on the benefits of recent excise duty reduction to customers and has revised the prices of its products with immediate effect," the company said in a statement.
The EcoSport, a striking offering from the American major Ford, has been riding high in India since its launch. The vehicle will be now available in the domestic market with a price cut of ₹26,000. Other models of the company - Figo, Classic and Endeavour - will also be cheaper by ₹23,000, ₹24,056 and ₹1,07,000 respectively.
Speaking on the same, Ford India Executive Director (Marketing, Sales and Service) Vinay Piparsania told PTI: "Reduction of excise duty is a welcome step for the automotive industry and is timely with de-growth the industry is currently witnessing. We hope it will have a positive impact on consumer sentiment and stimulate pent up demand."
Launched in India back in June, the EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente -₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium-₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T -₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T -₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente- ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend-₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T -₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) -₹ 9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase