Bruce Springsteen Australian Tour Achieves $29M in Earnings, Encouraged Group Twerk
By Christine Lazaro | February 28, 2014 7:28 PM EST
(Video Credit: YouTube/TheAussiemusicman)
Bruce Springsteen does it big again with his recent Australian tour earning a total of $29 million out of his 10 Aussie shows done.
Billboard marked the Bruce Springsteen Australian tour 2014 at number 1 on their global Hot Tours chart, stated news.com.au. The total amount of $29 million was gathered from three shows done in Perth, one in Sydney, and two each in places of Adelaide, Melbourne and Hunter Valley.
However, his top selling shows were the two done at the AAMI Park in Melbourne which earned about $10.2 million, which means 62,950 tickets sold. All these make that Bruce Springsteen Australia tour one of the biggest ever made in Billboard 2014 history.
Other artists who made it to the same charts that Mr Springsteen was in include Jay-Z, Brad Paisley, Bruno Mars, and even the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mr Springsteen beat his own Australia tour earning record in 2013 which was only at $25 million.
Bruce Springsteen Wraps Up OZ Tour With A Group Twerk?
Even through the years, the 65-year-old artist still has does fail his numerous fans. He certainly made his tour closing show held at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre a memorable one by opening with a cover song of 'Stayin' Alive,' Billboard.com reported.
He could not emphasise all the more how much he wants to give back to his OZ fans and dedicated majority of his songs to the people of Down Under. "It's been a wonderful two seasons. We promise to be back," the singer said.
And as the show came close to its finale, he assembled together his ensemble and wiggled their bottoms right at the audience as he screamed the words, "Let's twerk!"
For those wondering which songs were played during the Bruce Springsteen Australian tour on Feb 26, 2014, at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, here is the complete list of the tracks:
1. Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees cover)
2. It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
3. Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
4. Growin' Up
5. Spirit In The Night
6. High Hopes
7. Just Like Fire Would (Chris Bailey Cover)
8. You Can Look (But You'd Better Not Touch)
9. Sherry Darling
10. Save My Love
11. Fade Away
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
14. Kitty's Back
15. Wild Billy's Circus Story
16. Incident On 57th Street
17. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
18. New York City Serenade (w/ strings)
19. Darlington County
20. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
21. The Rising
22. The Ghost Of Tom Joad
24. Glory Days
25. Born To Run
26. Bobby Jean
27. Dancing In The Dark
28. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
29. Highway To Hell (with Eddie Vedder)
30. Thunder Road (solo)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report