2014 Oscars Predictions: Obvious Winners: Jared Leto, Cate Blanchett, ’12 Years A Slave’
By Riza Ornos | February 28, 2014 7:16 PM EST
It's the time of the year again where Hollywood's A-list celebrities are coming together to celebrate the industry's best of the best. The Sunday's 86th Academy Awards will house Tinseltown's most successful stars who are vying for an award for this year's Oscars on March 2 at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Best actor in a supporting role nominee Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills, California, February 10, 2014.
According to GoldDerby.com, Steve McQueen's "12 Years A Slave" is leading the Best Picture category beating eight nominees including "American Hustle" and "Gravity." Director Alfonso Cuaron of "Gravity" is leading the Best Director with 30 experts voting for his victory and "Her" is leading the "Best Original Screenplay."
According to some Oscars' experts, the film editing category may seem a minor award but often times it showcases Best Picture winners. The 2014 Oscars Best Editing category includes three of Best Picture nominees: "Captain Philips," "Dallas Buyers Club" and "Gravity."
The Huffington Post also has their own predictions and "12 Years A Slave" is leading the awards for Best Picture category. Based on a true to life events, "12 Years A Slave" is a heart-wrenching story of volatile race relations in the United States that addresses the hard reality of slavery.
Matthew McConaughey is leading for Best Actor nomination against Christian Bale of "American Hustle" and 'Wolf of Wall Street" Leonardo DiCaprio. Australian actress Cate Blachett is also making waves for Best Actress category for her performance in "Blue Jasmine."
After winning the Best Supporting Actor award in 2014 Golden Globes, "Dallas Buyers Club" star Jared Leto is the favorite pick for 2014 Oscars Best Supporting Actor. Last year's winner for Best Actress Jennifer Lawrence is making a comeback but this time in the Best Supporting Actress category for her role in "American Hustle."
Based on the predictions of the website, "Gravity's" director Alfonso Cuaron is the Best Director thanks to his intense filming and amazing story-telling skills. Other nominees running for the post includes David O. Russell for "American Hustle," Martin Scorsese for "The Wolf of Wall Street," and "Nebraska's" Alexander Payne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales