2014 Oscars Predictions: Obvious Winners: Jared Leto, Cate Blanchett, ’12 Years A Slave’
By Riza Ornos | February 28, 2014 7:16 PM EST
It's the time of the year again where Hollywood's A-list celebrities are coming together to celebrate the industry's best of the best. The Sunday's 86th Academy Awards will house Tinseltown's most successful stars who are vying for an award for this year's Oscars on March 2 at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Best actor in a supporting role nominee Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills, California, February 10, 2014.
According to GoldDerby.com, Steve McQueen's "12 Years A Slave" is leading the Best Picture category beating eight nominees including "American Hustle" and "Gravity." Director Alfonso Cuaron of "Gravity" is leading the Best Director with 30 experts voting for his victory and "Her" is leading the "Best Original Screenplay."
According to some Oscars' experts, the film editing category may seem a minor award but often times it showcases Best Picture winners. The 2014 Oscars Best Editing category includes three of Best Picture nominees: "Captain Philips," "Dallas Buyers Club" and "Gravity."
The Huffington Post also has their own predictions and "12 Years A Slave" is leading the awards for Best Picture category. Based on a true to life events, "12 Years A Slave" is a heart-wrenching story of volatile race relations in the United States that addresses the hard reality of slavery.
Matthew McConaughey is leading for Best Actor nomination against Christian Bale of "American Hustle" and 'Wolf of Wall Street" Leonardo DiCaprio. Australian actress Cate Blachett is also making waves for Best Actress category for her performance in "Blue Jasmine."
After winning the Best Supporting Actor award in 2014 Golden Globes, "Dallas Buyers Club" star Jared Leto is the favorite pick for 2014 Oscars Best Supporting Actor. Last year's winner for Best Actress Jennifer Lawrence is making a comeback but this time in the Best Supporting Actress category for her role in "American Hustle."
Based on the predictions of the website, "Gravity's" director Alfonso Cuaron is the Best Director thanks to his intense filming and amazing story-telling skills. Other nominees running for the post includes David O. Russell for "American Hustle," Martin Scorsese for "The Wolf of Wall Street," and "Nebraska's" Alexander Payne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border