2014 Oscars Predictions: Obvious Winners: Jared Leto, Cate Blanchett, ’12 Years A Slave’
By Riza Ornos | February 28, 2014 7:16 PM EST
It's the time of the year again where Hollywood's A-list celebrities are coming together to celebrate the industry's best of the best. The Sunday's 86th Academy Awards will house Tinseltown's most successful stars who are vying for an award for this year's Oscars on March 2 at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Best actor in a supporting role nominee Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills, California, February 10, 2014.
According to GoldDerby.com, Steve McQueen's "12 Years A Slave" is leading the Best Picture category beating eight nominees including "American Hustle" and "Gravity." Director Alfonso Cuaron of "Gravity" is leading the Best Director with 30 experts voting for his victory and "Her" is leading the "Best Original Screenplay."
According to some Oscars' experts, the film editing category may seem a minor award but often times it showcases Best Picture winners. The 2014 Oscars Best Editing category includes three of Best Picture nominees: "Captain Philips," "Dallas Buyers Club" and "Gravity."
The Huffington Post also has their own predictions and "12 Years A Slave" is leading the awards for Best Picture category. Based on a true to life events, "12 Years A Slave" is a heart-wrenching story of volatile race relations in the United States that addresses the hard reality of slavery.
Matthew McConaughey is leading for Best Actor nomination against Christian Bale of "American Hustle" and 'Wolf of Wall Street" Leonardo DiCaprio. Australian actress Cate Blachett is also making waves for Best Actress category for her performance in "Blue Jasmine."
After winning the Best Supporting Actor award in 2014 Golden Globes, "Dallas Buyers Club" star Jared Leto is the favorite pick for 2014 Oscars Best Supporting Actor. Last year's winner for Best Actress Jennifer Lawrence is making a comeback but this time in the Best Supporting Actress category for her role in "American Hustle."
Based on the predictions of the website, "Gravity's" director Alfonso Cuaron is the Best Director thanks to his intense filming and amazing story-telling skills. Other nominees running for the post includes David O. Russell for "American Hustle," Martin Scorsese for "The Wolf of Wall Street," and "Nebraska's" Alexander Payne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop