Kate Middleton & Prince William's Australia and New Zealand Royal Tour Details: Prince George to Travel Along; Duchess to Wear Queen’s Jewels
By jaskiran kaur | February 28, 2014 7:07 PM EST
Royal couple Kate Middleton and Prince William will be undertaking a royal tour together in spring 2014. They are going to travel beautiful countries down under, Australia and New Zealand in April. Speculation are running wild, contemplating whether the 7-months-old Prince George will be joining his parents and which pieces of jewelry will Kate Middleton show off from Queen's royal collection. Read on to find out more details about royal tour of the royal couple.
This will be Prince William's and Kate Middleton's third royal tour together. Previously, they have visited Canada and California in 2011 and South East Asia in 2012. For quite some time, media outlets have been wondering if Prince George will be accompanying his parents to the tour. A report by New Zealand Herald leaked all the details of the royal tour putting an end to a frenzy of speculations.
According to New Zealand Herald report, Queen Elizabeth met with Australian incoming governor-general named Peter Cosgrove to discuss the details of the upcoming royal tour of the royal couple, last week. Following this, the Australian Governor dished out the details to reporters including the one related to Prince George joining his parents on tour.
New Zealand Herald reported that the "little one" will be joining Prince William and Kate Middleton. The official further disclosed that the couple will "be in Sydney and then in Canberra after their sojourn in New Zealand," according to New Zealand Herald report.
As soon as the incoming governor-general realized that he might have slipped a secret, he attempted to rectify the slip of tongue, he made. He said: "I don't know - I'm not yet the governor-general."
For more details, Entertainmentwise.com revealed that the tour will be a mix of "state occasions" along with visits to places of cultural importance and "those of special interest to the couple." Prince William will be paying a visit to the flooded areas in Australia which he visited in 2011. He will also be visiting Christchurch in New Zealand.
Meanwhile, The Mirror noted that Kate Middleton will be accessorizing her look with jewels from Queen Elizabeth's casket holding royal jewelry. It is reported that she will need these royal gemstones to complete her royal look when she visits Maori King and races in Sydney on a trip of importance to Queen and Commonwealth.
It is not yet revealed which pieces of royal jewelry Kate Middleton will be adorning while travelling with Prince William and Prince George to New Zealand and Australia. But it is reported that she may select pieces that have "links to the countries she is visiting." It is expected that Kate may pick the Australian Wattle Brooch which Queen Elizabeth wore when she visited the country in 2011. Another piece of jewelry that Kate may wear on the royal tour is diamond and ruby Australian hibiscus brooch that queen acquired as inheritance from her mother. A vibrant blue pearl brooch that was gifted to the queen by New Zealand PM John Key could be another option.
For more updates on royal family including Kate Middleton and Cressida Bonas, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet