Kate Middleton & Prince William's Australia and New Zealand Royal Tour Details: Prince George to Travel Along; Duchess to Wear Queen’s Jewels
By jaskiran kaur | February 28, 2014 7:07 PM EST
Royal couple Kate Middleton and Prince William will be undertaking a royal tour together in spring 2014. They are going to travel beautiful countries down under, Australia and New Zealand in April. Speculation are running wild, contemplating whether the 7-months-old Prince George will be joining his parents and which pieces of jewelry will Kate Middleton show off from Queen's royal collection. Read on to find out more details about royal tour of the royal couple.
This will be Prince William's and Kate Middleton's third royal tour together. Previously, they have visited Canada and California in 2011 and South East Asia in 2012. For quite some time, media outlets have been wondering if Prince George will be accompanying his parents to the tour. A report by New Zealand Herald leaked all the details of the royal tour putting an end to a frenzy of speculations.
According to New Zealand Herald report, Queen Elizabeth met with Australian incoming governor-general named Peter Cosgrove to discuss the details of the upcoming royal tour of the royal couple, last week. Following this, the Australian Governor dished out the details to reporters including the one related to Prince George joining his parents on tour.
New Zealand Herald reported that the "little one" will be joining Prince William and Kate Middleton. The official further disclosed that the couple will "be in Sydney and then in Canberra after their sojourn in New Zealand," according to New Zealand Herald report.
As soon as the incoming governor-general realized that he might have slipped a secret, he attempted to rectify the slip of tongue, he made. He said: "I don't know - I'm not yet the governor-general."
For more details, Entertainmentwise.com revealed that the tour will be a mix of "state occasions" along with visits to places of cultural importance and "those of special interest to the couple." Prince William will be paying a visit to the flooded areas in Australia which he visited in 2011. He will also be visiting Christchurch in New Zealand.
Meanwhile, The Mirror noted that Kate Middleton will be accessorizing her look with jewels from Queen Elizabeth's casket holding royal jewelry. It is reported that she will need these royal gemstones to complete her royal look when she visits Maori King and races in Sydney on a trip of importance to Queen and Commonwealth.
It is not yet revealed which pieces of royal jewelry Kate Middleton will be adorning while travelling with Prince William and Prince George to New Zealand and Australia. But it is reported that she may select pieces that have "links to the countries she is visiting." It is expected that Kate may pick the Australian Wattle Brooch which Queen Elizabeth wore when she visited the country in 2011. Another piece of jewelry that Kate may wear on the royal tour is diamond and ruby Australian hibiscus brooch that queen acquired as inheritance from her mother. A vibrant blue pearl brooch that was gifted to the queen by New Zealand PM John Key could be another option.
For more updates on royal family including Kate Middleton and Cressida Bonas, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Eighty Dead Bodies Still Scattered around MH17 Crash Site, Australia Says
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools