Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles Agree to Extension
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 6:59 PM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly signed controversial wide receiver Riley Cooper to a contract extension worth $25 million over five years, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
"The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to new contracts with wide receiver Riley Cooper and starting center Jason Kelce, the team announced Thursday. The deal for Cooper, a pending free agent, is for five years and $25 million, a league source said, and it caps quite a comeback for Cooper," ESPN reported.
NFL: Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles
Cooper, who spent the first three season as a special team member, made most of his opportunity when Jeremy Maclin tore an ACL during training camp last summer. He finished the 2013-14 NFL seasons with 835 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, making one of the most productive receivers for the Eagles.
He caught the ire of some his teammates after a controversial video that showed him using racial slur surfaced in the internet, costing him fines and the trust of his teammates.
"Cooper made headlines after a video of him using a racial epithet at a concert surfaced on the Internet. Cooper was fined and had to apologize to his teammates, many of whom said it was difficult to accept him back in the locker room at first. However, after a fight between Cooper and cornerback Cary Williams in training camp, tensions did not surface again, at least not publicly," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’