Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles Agree to Extension
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 6:59 PM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly signed controversial wide receiver Riley Cooper to a contract extension worth $25 million over five years, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
"The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to new contracts with wide receiver Riley Cooper and starting center Jason Kelce, the team announced Thursday. The deal for Cooper, a pending free agent, is for five years and $25 million, a league source said, and it caps quite a comeback for Cooper," ESPN reported.
NFL: Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles
Cooper, who spent the first three season as a special team member, made most of his opportunity when Jeremy Maclin tore an ACL during training camp last summer. He finished the 2013-14 NFL seasons with 835 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, making one of the most productive receivers for the Eagles.
He caught the ire of some his teammates after a controversial video that showed him using racial slur surfaced in the internet, costing him fines and the trust of his teammates.
"Cooper made headlines after a video of him using a racial epithet at a concert surfaced on the Internet. Cooper was fined and had to apologize to his teammates, many of whom said it was difficult to accept him back in the locker room at first. However, after a fight between Cooper and cornerback Cary Williams in training camp, tensions did not surface again, at least not publicly," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery