Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles Agree to Extension
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 6:59 PM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly signed controversial wide receiver Riley Cooper to a contract extension worth $25 million over five years, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
"The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to new contracts with wide receiver Riley Cooper and starting center Jason Kelce, the team announced Thursday. The deal for Cooper, a pending free agent, is for five years and $25 million, a league source said, and it caps quite a comeback for Cooper," ESPN reported.
NFL: Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles
Cooper, who spent the first three season as a special team member, made most of his opportunity when Jeremy Maclin tore an ACL during training camp last summer. He finished the 2013-14 NFL seasons with 835 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, making one of the most productive receivers for the Eagles.
He caught the ire of some his teammates after a controversial video that showed him using racial slur surfaced in the internet, costing him fines and the trust of his teammates.
"Cooper made headlines after a video of him using a racial epithet at a concert surfaced on the Internet. Cooper was fined and had to apologize to his teammates, many of whom said it was difficult to accept him back in the locker room at first. However, after a fight between Cooper and cornerback Cary Williams in training camp, tensions did not surface again, at least not publicly," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate