Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles Agree to Extension
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 6:59 PM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly signed controversial wide receiver Riley Cooper to a contract extension worth $25 million over five years, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
"The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to new contracts with wide receiver Riley Cooper and starting center Jason Kelce, the team announced Thursday. The deal for Cooper, a pending free agent, is for five years and $25 million, a league source said, and it caps quite a comeback for Cooper," ESPN reported.
NFL: Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles
Cooper, who spent the first three season as a special team member, made most of his opportunity when Jeremy Maclin tore an ACL during training camp last summer. He finished the 2013-14 NFL seasons with 835 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, making one of the most productive receivers for the Eagles.
He caught the ire of some his teammates after a controversial video that showed him using racial slur surfaced in the internet, costing him fines and the trust of his teammates.
"Cooper made headlines after a video of him using a racial epithet at a concert surfaced on the Internet. Cooper was fined and had to apologize to his teammates, many of whom said it was difficult to accept him back in the locker room at first. However, after a fight between Cooper and cornerback Cary Williams in training camp, tensions did not surface again, at least not publicly," ESPN reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage