Miracle Bible Saves Life of a Bus Driver, Served As Shield From Two Bullets
By Christine Lazaro | February 28, 2014 6:31 PM EST
(Video Credit: YouTube/AmazingVine)
Bus driver Ricky Wagoner got a second shot in life when he was saved by the most unexpected thing he can ever think of from two bullets: the Bible inside his pocket.
Mr Wagoner was trying to fix his broken bus on Monday when he was suddenly approached by three unfamiliar guys, reported Today.com. According to the police, the attackers shot the poor bus driver in the leg and even stabbed him right in the arm. The three guys ran away after he was able to fight back with a pen.
His 911 recorded conversation recalled how the dispatcher asked if he had any injuries which led to the discovery of a mighty miracle.
"It just feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer. I've got a book in my pocket, and I don't think they made it through this book," he stated upon discovering that the pair of bullets got stuck in his Bible.
Investigators added that Mr Wagoner's Bible, "The Message," which is a modern translation of the New Testament, turned out to be his lifesaver. And to think that the bus driver attested he only started carrying the Holy Book in his pocket since last week.
One of the police authorities involved in investigating the case believes that some kind of intervention transpired during the incident, Time reports.
"There was obviously some kind of intervention involved in this incident, because he probably should not be here," stated Sgt. Michael Pauley to Dayton Daily News. It was not confirmed though whether his Bible was protected with Kevlar
Even close friends and family of the bus driver believe too that it was God's grace that gave Mr Wagoner another shot in life. He is currently recovering at the Miami Valley Hospital with his injuries reportedly not threatening to his life at all, IBT wrote.
The author of the contemporary version of the Bible that Mr Wagoner carried in his pocket was glad to have heard his miraculous story. "I've heard stories about that happening during the second World War. I'm glad to be in the club," the 81-year-old Eugene H. Peterson said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery