Cara Delevingne's Kiss with Little Louise Gets PETA Angry: Find Out Why
By nidhi tewari | February 28, 2014 5:50 PM EST
A kiss can get you in trouble, especially if it is shared with a baby tiger Louise. Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne and her girlfriend Michael Rodriguez could be in trouble with Federal Investigation department from United States after the two got really close to a wild tiger in Nevada in January. In one of the pictures that the two photographed, Cara is giving a kiss on a baby tiger's face as the animal suckles on a milk bottle.
Model Cara Delevingne arrives at the Elle Style Awards in London February 18, 2014.
Cara and Michelle visited the Big Cat Encounters Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada in January 2014 and Instagramed picture standing too close to Louise who is in a chain with a caretaker. Cara is seen wearing a black jacket as she kisses cutely on the baby tiger's face. "I miss you puddle warrior from lion wings," Cara wrote as the caption of the Instagram picture. Check it out here.
The picture was taken on January 28, exactly one month before but has come to the notice of animal right activists PETA now. Prompted by the picture, PETA has launched a formal complaint against the ranch's owner, Karl Mitchell who has the baby tiger Louise with him. In its complaint to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), PETA has revealed that Karl's USDA exhibitor's license has actually been cancelled permanently way back in 2001.
The reason for Karl's USDA exhibitor's license getting cancelled has been his repeated violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act. According to the complaint launched by PETA, Karl has been accused of administering outrageous abuse to animals which ranges from not feeding water to five-week-old cubs, Radaronline.com is reporting.
Cara could also land up in trouble for kissing Louise as the tiger is far more aged to get kissed. According to the rules laid down by the USDA, it is only allowed for humans to kiss a tiger or any other wild animal just three months. Louise seems much older than that age and the kiss might as well have proved fatal to Cara.
"Michelle Rodriguez and others were lucky this time, but a vigorous and long-overdue criminal prosecution by the Department of Justice could help save animals and people from harm," PETA said in their complaint, according to Radaronline.com
Do you think Cara and Mitchell did the right thing to get close to the baby tiger?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People