Cara Delevingne's Kiss with Little Louise Gets PETA Angry: Find Out Why
By nidhi tewari | February 28, 2014 5:50 PM EST
A kiss can get you in trouble, especially if it is shared with a baby tiger Louise. Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne and her girlfriend Michael Rodriguez could be in trouble with Federal Investigation department from United States after the two got really close to a wild tiger in Nevada in January. In one of the pictures that the two photographed, Cara is giving a kiss on a baby tiger's face as the animal suckles on a milk bottle.
Model Cara Delevingne arrives at the Elle Style Awards in London February 18, 2014.
Cara and Michelle visited the Big Cat Encounters Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada in January 2014 and Instagramed picture standing too close to Louise who is in a chain with a caretaker. Cara is seen wearing a black jacket as she kisses cutely on the baby tiger's face. "I miss you puddle warrior from lion wings," Cara wrote as the caption of the Instagram picture. Check it out here.
The picture was taken on January 28, exactly one month before but has come to the notice of animal right activists PETA now. Prompted by the picture, PETA has launched a formal complaint against the ranch's owner, Karl Mitchell who has the baby tiger Louise with him. In its complaint to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), PETA has revealed that Karl's USDA exhibitor's license has actually been cancelled permanently way back in 2001.
The reason for Karl's USDA exhibitor's license getting cancelled has been his repeated violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act. According to the complaint launched by PETA, Karl has been accused of administering outrageous abuse to animals which ranges from not feeding water to five-week-old cubs, Radaronline.com is reporting.
Cara could also land up in trouble for kissing Louise as the tiger is far more aged to get kissed. According to the rules laid down by the USDA, it is only allowed for humans to kiss a tiger or any other wild animal just three months. Louise seems much older than that age and the kiss might as well have proved fatal to Cara.
"Michelle Rodriguez and others were lucky this time, but a vigorous and long-overdue criminal prosecution by the Department of Justice could help save animals and people from harm," PETA said in their complaint, according to Radaronline.com
Do you think Cara and Mitchell did the right thing to get close to the baby tiger?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border