Cara Delevingne's Kiss with Little Louise Gets PETA Angry: Find Out Why
By nidhi tewari | February 28, 2014 5:50 PM EST
A kiss can get you in trouble, especially if it is shared with a baby tiger Louise. Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne and her girlfriend Michael Rodriguez could be in trouble with Federal Investigation department from United States after the two got really close to a wild tiger in Nevada in January. In one of the pictures that the two photographed, Cara is giving a kiss on a baby tiger's face as the animal suckles on a milk bottle.
Model Cara Delevingne arrives at the Elle Style Awards in London February 18, 2014.
Cara and Michelle visited the Big Cat Encounters Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada in January 2014 and Instagramed picture standing too close to Louise who is in a chain with a caretaker. Cara is seen wearing a black jacket as she kisses cutely on the baby tiger's face. "I miss you puddle warrior from lion wings," Cara wrote as the caption of the Instagram picture. Check it out here.
The picture was taken on January 28, exactly one month before but has come to the notice of animal right activists PETA now. Prompted by the picture, PETA has launched a formal complaint against the ranch's owner, Karl Mitchell who has the baby tiger Louise with him. In its complaint to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), PETA has revealed that Karl's USDA exhibitor's license has actually been cancelled permanently way back in 2001.
The reason for Karl's USDA exhibitor's license getting cancelled has been his repeated violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act. According to the complaint launched by PETA, Karl has been accused of administering outrageous abuse to animals which ranges from not feeding water to five-week-old cubs, Radaronline.com is reporting.
Cara could also land up in trouble for kissing Louise as the tiger is far more aged to get kissed. According to the rules laid down by the USDA, it is only allowed for humans to kiss a tiger or any other wild animal just three months. Louise seems much older than that age and the kiss might as well have proved fatal to Cara.
"Michelle Rodriguez and others were lucky this time, but a vigorous and long-overdue criminal prosecution by the Department of Justice could help save animals and people from harm," PETA said in their complaint, according to Radaronline.com
Do you think Cara and Mitchell did the right thing to get close to the baby tiger?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast