Piaggio Vespa S Goes on Sale in India Before Official Launch; Price And Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Italian scooter manufacturer Piaggio is all set to entice scooter lovers in India with the new sporty variant of its iconic model Vespa.
Though the official unveiling of the new Vespa S in India is awaited, emerging reports confirm that the scooter is already on sale in the country at a price point of 74,414(Ex Showroom). The Vespa maker will officially announce the launch of Vespa S in the domestic market on 4 March 2014, reported Over Drive. The company's dealership in Pune has started accepting the booking for the new model and if reports are to be believed, the delivery of Vespa S will kick start soon. The on-road price of the new Vespa S is 82,868 in Pune, which is 4,000 less than the company's Vespa VX.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns out a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs give the scooter a new look. Although the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models, the scooter now flaunts a powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels.
The scooter will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company is expected to expand its portfolio in coming months.
The Vespa VX 125, the high end model in the current scooter market packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet