Piaggio Vespa S Goes on Sale in India Before Official Launch; Price And Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Italian scooter manufacturer Piaggio is all set to entice scooter lovers in India with the new sporty variant of its iconic model Vespa.
Though the official unveiling of the new Vespa S in India is awaited, emerging reports confirm that the scooter is already on sale in the country at a price point of 74,414(Ex Showroom). The Vespa maker will officially announce the launch of Vespa S in the domestic market on 4 March 2014, reported Over Drive. The company's dealership in Pune has started accepting the booking for the new model and if reports are to be believed, the delivery of Vespa S will kick start soon. The on-road price of the new Vespa S is 82,868 in Pune, which is 4,000 less than the company's Vespa VX.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns out a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs give the scooter a new look. Although the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models, the scooter now flaunts a powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels.
The scooter will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company is expected to expand its portfolio in coming months.
The Vespa VX 125, the high end model in the current scooter market packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports