Piaggio Vespa S Goes on Sale in India Before Official Launch; Price And Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Italian scooter manufacturer Piaggio is all set to entice scooter lovers in India with the new sporty variant of its iconic model Vespa.
Though the official unveiling of the new Vespa S in India is awaited, emerging reports confirm that the scooter is already on sale in the country at a price point of 74,414(Ex Showroom). The Vespa maker will officially announce the launch of Vespa S in the domestic market on 4 March 2014, reported Over Drive. The company's dealership in Pune has started accepting the booking for the new model and if reports are to be believed, the delivery of Vespa S will kick start soon. The on-road price of the new Vespa S is 82,868 in Pune, which is 4,000 less than the company's Vespa VX.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns out a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs give the scooter a new look. Although the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models, the scooter now flaunts a powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels.
The scooter will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company is expected to expand its portfolio in coming months.
The Vespa VX 125, the high end model in the current scooter market packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015