Piaggio Vespa S Goes on Sale in India Before Official Launch; Price And Availability Details
By greeshma m | February 28, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Italian scooter manufacturer Piaggio is all set to entice scooter lovers in India with the new sporty variant of its iconic model Vespa.
Though the official unveiling of the new Vespa S in India is awaited, emerging reports confirm that the scooter is already on sale in the country at a price point of 74,414(Ex Showroom). The Vespa maker will officially announce the launch of Vespa S in the domestic market on 4 March 2014, reported Over Drive. The company's dealership in Pune has started accepting the booking for the new model and if reports are to be believed, the delivery of Vespa S will kick start soon. The on-road price of the new Vespa S is 82,868 in Pune, which is 4,000 less than the company's Vespa VX.
Vespa S packs the same 125cc, four stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns out a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The new rectangular shaped headlights and ORVMs give the scooter a new look. Although the disc brakes and suspension remain the same as that of its previous models, the scooter now flaunts a powder-coated three-spoke alloy wheels.
The scooter will be offered in India in four colours - Orange, White, Red and Matte Black. With the addition of the new model, Piaggio currently offers three models in the sub-continent market and the company is expected to expand its portfolio in coming months.
The Vespa VX 125, the high end model in the current scooter market packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine, which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8