'Magic Mike 2' Casting News: Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello Interested To Work Again With Channing Tatum in Movie Sequel?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 28, 2014 4:58 PM EST
"Magic Mike" star Channing Tatum has teased the fans about working on the film's sequel on his Twitter account. "White Collar" actor Matt Bomer previously showed support and interest to return and now the latest casting news claim other co-stars like Matthew McConaughey and Joe Manganiello have also expressed interested to work again with Channing Tatum in "Magic Mike 2."
According to the Classicalite report, Channing Tatum confirmed he will be directing "Magic Mike 2" with either his producer partner Reid Carolin or Greg Jacobs. The 33-year-old actor further revealed that film director Steven Soderbergh has agreed to work with them on the upcoming movie project.
Matthew MConaughey, who portrays the character Dallas, teased in Access Hollywood's early February report that reprising his role for the movie sequel could happen. The 44-year-old "True Detective" star also gave his reaction to Channing Tatum's shared Instagram image about writing the "Magic Mike 2" story.
— Channing Tatum (@channingtatum) February 10, 2014
"He kept the prop," Mr McConaughey revealed to Access Hollywood's guest correspondent Dave Karger at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon regarding the bust that Channing Tatum looks at in the image. "So yeah, he sent that and he goes, 'All right. 'We're off. We're writing.' And I was like, 'Good. I'm there with you'," the actor further shared.
The Perez Hilton report reveals Matthew McConaughey has been expressing his interest to come back for the "Magic Mike" movie sequel. "I know it's something that's legitimately brewing. In the right way [I would come back]. It would be so much fun, but I would only be able to revisit Dallas if I really go, 'OK, that's what he would be doing'...I'd have to keep him the same tone," the actor stated.
"True Blood" star Joe Manganiello revealed to ET News his answer to the question on whether he will return to "Magic Mike 2" or not. "Think Reid's writing and [Channing Tatum] is talking to Reid, but there's nothing concrete yet. But would I like to work with those guys again? Yea. I think I probably had the best time I've ever had in my life working on that movie," the 37-year-old actor shared.
More Articles to Read:
Matt Bomer: 'White Collar' Actor Express Support for 'Magic Mike 2' - Will Matt Bomer Reprise The Role of Ken in Movie Sequel? - [READ]
Shailene Woodley, Theo James: 'Divergent' Stars Featured in the Entertainment Weekly Cover - [READ]
Miley Cyrus: The Show Must Go On, Bangerz Tour Not Cancelled Despite Flow of Parents' Complaints on Miley's Raunchy Performances - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying